Poll: Avatar - Who did you root for

Aug 1, 2010
Hell yeah I was siding with the humans. Cooler stuff, better motivation, better back story and better characters. The Colonel may have been one dimensional, but at least he had more character the Sully.

EDIT: Jesus Balls, I just had Escapist Deja Vu. Thread about liking sides Avatar, multiple edits on the OP, Hubilub with the first post and a fairly good but still flawed argument..... I think I am going to leave my computer now...

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I do find it funny though how the humans lose one battle and have to retreat home. You know, they've spent ages trying to get this Unobtainium or whatever it's ridiculously called, and after just one battle they return home...you know, despite this being the most valuable energy source EVER. I think there was a Cracked article on it somewhere....

snow

Jan 14, 2010
I voted for GlaDOS to show how offsetting a poll can be when there's a joke option involved.

There is a lot about the movie that is left unexplained that could have swayed the feelings of who's right/wrong in both directions, but keeping in mind that not EVERY human was a "Big Meanie." There were a few key characters who were jerks, and an entire colony of people who were just doing their jobs.

But of course, the entire colony is going to look bad because those few jerk characters happened to be in charge.

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
Seriously? I don't know. Isn't siding with the Na'vi also siding with the humans because they have a human/na'vi leader? *brain hurts, gotta go lay down*

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I rooted for the Na'vi because they looked pretty cool being bue and all. Yep, that's me; in a movie I usually root for the ones who look cool.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
MrDeckard said:
EDIT: Jesus Balls, I just had Escapist Deja Vu. Thread about liking sides Avatar, multiple edits on the OP, Hubilub with the first post and a fairly good but still flawed argument..... I think I am going to leave my computer now...
... You have a point.

Quick people! Run before another Avatar surge rises again!

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Chunko said:
As for the unobtanium we needed the minerals for our economy, and therefor our species to survive.
That's a rather large assumption, isn't it? There's plenty of stuff in our economy which is completely superfluous to our survival.

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
Glados, because i always vote for joke options if i dont care for the other options.

Ot- Go humanity! Well i admit i wanted them to win anyways as they were really in the right, but surely they could of just found a diffrent planet for there unobtainium or mined else where? Just as they couldnt get to large deposit surely they could have got it else where? As for the nav'i they seemed abit selfish and arrogant to me, why not share?

Also does anyone know why the humans needed unobtainium anyway? As if they needed it to survive then i think it was fair to take it,survival of the fittest and that. But if they needed it as a luxury or such then it seems OTT to declare war on on a race.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
I didn't root for anyone, because the humans were either dicks or strawmen, and the Na'vi annoyed me. I just rooted for a fight.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
JinxyKatte said:
Layz92 said:
iLikeHippos said:
I rooted for the humans, MERELY because the ending part was so mother fucking cheap.

I've discussed this before, and my opinion hasn't changed, but what the fuck was it with all the vicious animals SUDDENLY cooperating with the Na'vi and in an instant know who their enemy was that they HAD to unite to fight against?

It's so cheap, not even air can compare to its fucking cheapness.

And so little is explained, but I'd side with the humans, no matter the cause, any day of the time.

... I'm still angry that the Na'vi won. Such a fucking cheap shot by the story. They were about to get mother fucking crushed. *-.-
Hmmmm I never quite bothered thinking about it... It really is a literal Dues Ex Machina.
Isnt the whole point, everything on the planet has a connection. The planet is literally alive and when the moment called for it protected its self.
They say specifically that the planet never acts on dangers and lets them solve themselves. The end of the first time is the first time within their knowledge of it happening so I would still call it a Dues Ex Machina, they had no other way of making the problem better so they had to phone up a god/deity.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
If the poll had been between Na'vi and Americans (because, let's face it, all the humans in Avatar are american) Na'vi would've won by a landslide since people think it's OK to act like dicks towards americans.

OT: I voted for Na'vi. Humans didn't need Unobtanium, they just wanted it since it was worth a lot of money. And of course the Na'vi wouldn't let the humans tear up the planet since they knew it was a living thing where everything was connected.

I fail to see how the Na'vi could be considered the bad guys here.

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
I cheered for the humans. Mainly because I actually worked on the game and got soooo fed up of the damn Na'vi art and assets that I could throw myself out the window and set myself on fire.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
humans=more fun
Na'vi= boring, long coverstations, ultimately sicking romance, technology subbron, has faith.

so yea, my reasons are clear. I never saw Avatar being intellectual so I was expecting mindless entertainment, did I get that? No! just another hippie-ish movie which turned out to be a romance!

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
Regardless of who won, aren't the humans just going to come back with a larger force and kill all the Na'vi with orbital lasers or something?

SnwMan

Jun 21, 2010
As Far as i know the humans were after the unobtainium, which was essential for a truly space fairing human race. However the humans didn't really have a right to go in and take what they wanted just because they could. They should have pushed hard for a diplomatic solution.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
RULE RULE HUMANITY!

On that note, why the fuck did it take so long to retaliate with heavy firepower? If the human forces there hadn't spent so long dicking around and polishing their guns, they'd have Pandora and a nice pile of Na'vi for mulch. Sure we may have been shown in an incredibly selfish and destructive light, but what the fuck, we are selfish and destructive! I didn't see a single Na'vi that had any likable qualities.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Mass Effect taught us that uplifting a primitive species inevitably leads either to the destruction of everything else in the galaxy, or a very complicated moral dilemma where genocide is probably the best choice.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
"Wooo Human Earth"

I root for the humans cos i am human, it's like wars between countries you woot for your country.