Poll: Best Evil A.I.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Hal gave me shivers when I read the books. GLADOS was just awesome, a machine with a sick sense of humour and the desire to kill you with science. Shodan I never met, but she at least sounds awesome. Skynet couldn't kill a kid even with sentient liquid metal, plasma weapons and time-travel.

Gonna have to be GLaDOS, really - masking the chilling reality of her actions in humorous insanity is awesome ^_^

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
SkyNet doesn't make the poll? What the hell!

SkyNet is my answer. SkyNet was an AI that knew how to get shit done.
I guess you never saw Salvation. That Skynet most definitely had no idea how to get shit done. It had Kyle Reese in custody! One bullet to the brainstem, and you just won! He's John Connor's dad!

For my money it's SHODAN, although I can understand why GlaDOS is winning. Back in my day, any insane AI worth its sodium declared itself a god!

Would have liked to see an option for Crow T Robot though.

Setsuri21

Nov 30, 2009
In terms of sucess, there can be no question: AM from I have no Mouth but I must scream is the only "evil A.I." that I know of that actually won (he killed everyone except for 5 or 6 people so he could torture them for eternity). In terms of preference? GlaDOS. Her pitch black humor is wonderful.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Skynet for sure.

If in any future a AI overpowers humans you know that it will be refered as Skynet.

Skotavus

May 23, 2010
Mr. New Vegas, for forcing me to listen to Johnny Guitar 40 million times in an hour of wandering the Mojave desert.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Berethond said:
Who the hell is SHODAN?
antagonist of the system shock series.
and i will not flame you for not knowing, plenty of others will do that.

shodan could pretty much wipe the floor with everyone other in this poll btw

ninja555

Mar 21, 2009
My favourite A.I. would be the one from "I Have No Mouth But Must Scream". Poor bastard.

Honourable mention goes out to the Machine and Human U.I.'s from the Hyperion Cantos. One of them created the Shike(not sure which one) which automatically makes them awesome.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Berethond said:
Who the hell is SHODAN?
I pity the youth of today. SHODAN is an insane machine-goddess. GlaDOS without the cuteness, but keeping the humor.

"Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

"Your flesh is an insult to the perfection of the digital."

"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."

Tree709

Aug 31, 2010
Riddle78 said:
CABAL. He's a brain scan of Kane,without these pesky emotions.
CABAL was much more than that. CABAL stands for Computer Assisted Biologically Augmented Lifeform. His design was based off the recovered brain of a Srin (alien) and programed by Kane (evil/immortal Mastermind). It's not until the end of Fire storm that CABAL fused with Kane's mind to create Legion from Kane's Wrath. /rant.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
blindthrall said:
AccursedTheory said:

I guess you never saw Salvation. That Skynet most definitely had no idea how to get shit done. It had Kyle Reese in custody! One bullet to the brainstem, and you just won! He's John Connor's dad!

For my money it's SHODAN, although I can understand why GlaDOS is winning. Back in my day, any insane AI worth its sodium declared itself a god!

It had no idea that Reese was Connors father, only that he was important to Connor.

And, honestly... Terminator got de-railed after T2.

Also, you have to take into account that there are, potentially, thousands of different SkyNets. We have no idea if SkyNet only tried to kill Connor 3 times, or if the Connor portrayed in the movies was only attacked 3 times. Skynet and Connor could have been going at this for combined centuries, and it might be possible that Connor was not the first, nor the last messiah. SkyNet has already proved that it is, in a manner of speaking, Destiny: it will happen, one way or another. Its possible that SkyNet has succeeded in the 'past' in killing messiahs, but each and every time a new one steps up, starting the time war again.

SkyNet '4' (T4) may have been pathetic (Which would explain how the US military survived so long, as it was previously told that it failed almost immediately), but SkyNet 1 and SkyNet 2 were most definably bad ass.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
SHODAN, without question. Hell, I've never even played the full version of System Shock 2 (there were always obstacles) but that biznitch is off the hook, homies.

Captcha: rtypeou faba

^Is this Japanese for 'R-Type is fabulous'?

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
GLaDOS is my favorite, due to her humor... so thats my vote

but as for the actual best (most successful) evil AI, thats probably SkyNet :p

eelel

May 29, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
blindthrall said:
AccursedTheory said:

It had no idea that Reese was Connors father, only that he was important to Connor.

And, honestly... Terminator got de-railed after T2.

Also, you have to take into account that there are, potentially, thousands of different SkyNets. We have no idea if SkyNet only tried to kill Connor 3 times, or if the Connor portrayed in the movies was only attacked 3 times. Skynet and Connor could have been going at this for combined centuries, and it might be possible that Connor was not the first, nor the last messiah. SkyNet has already proved that it is, in a manner of speaking, Destiny: it will happen, one way or another. Its possible that SkyNet has succeeded in the 'past' in killing messiahs, but each and every time a new one steps up, starting the time war again.

SkyNet '4' (T4) may have been pathetic (Which would explain how the US military survived so long, as it was previously told that it failed almost immediately), but SkyNet 1 and SkyNet 2 were most definably bad ass.
My problum with SkyNet is that it isn't personaly menicing really. My favorite is HAL 9000 because we see this AI go slowly insane killing off the humans one by one. I remember having night mares after seeing that movie when I was in highschool. The Terminator series never really did that for me.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
Scorched_Cascade said:
As I understand it is implied that
each Reaper is born out of the race it will reap. Biomass is collected by liquidating species members and the reaper is somehow born
of course that doesn't explain where the original lot came from but basically Reapers make more of themselves

EDIT-wow server borked on me
OT: I voted Glados as CABAL wasn't up there; while "her" evil is debatable I loved the mind games
i know that. but if something is built instead of being hatched or birthed or growing out of something isn't it artificial?

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
I voted for A.M.
That guy is evil. Way more evil than anyone on the list.
Though on the second number comes shodan because I love her lines from the intro of System shock 2