Poll: Best "Legend of Zelda" game?

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Crowser said:
OoT, but Taerdin might have a point:
Taerdin said:
I honestly don't think thats Wind Waker, I think thats ANY Zelda game. Once you play one, the others are basically the same and therefore less fun. The first one always seems the best. Or maybe I'm just completely insane! :p
OoT was my first, and i LOVED IT
A Link to the Past was my first and I couldn't even play OoT...

I'd like to think I have a point... sometimes!

Zero-Vash

Apr 1, 2009
I agree that nostalgia plays a role in some of the picks. But I have played most of the games more than once including the original, and OoT is still my favorite. No temple has ever compared to the Spirit temple in OoT for me.

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
i think the best are Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and the absolute classic Links' Awakening

Sweep117

Jan 27, 2009
Skizle said:
Oracle of Season / Ages
hands down
Damn right! I never played Seasons but I played Ages about six times. Such a great game.

A very close second is OoT. Love it.

Aug 13, 2008
goddamnit, wind waker is so much better than ocarina of time
oot is seen as revolutionary and all, which is true, but people forget that wind waker was revolutionary as well

it's possibly the only game that lived up to its insane amount of hype, all while being the next major instalment of zelda after teh criticall aclaimed and adored oot

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
Why are none of the gameboy zelda games on here? What if I wanted to vote for Link's Awakening? Why is there no "other" option? And what do you mean by "best" - best of its time, best now (because one could mean OoT while the other could mean TP), or favorite?

This poll would have benefitted a lot from a little more thought.

Anyway, I picked OoT since no gameboy ones were on the list.

ironmace2.0

The Names Hans Olo
Mar 15, 2009
ocarina of time but then I have only played that + majoras mask+ twighlight princess + hourglass + and four swords

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
You're missing the best one. The first Zelda is by far the best one, followed by Links Awakening and then OOT.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
The Best 3-d: Majora's Mask, for the dark story line,awesome tranformations and being able to refight bosses
Best 2-d : LTTP,cool dual world gameplay, a decent twist, and a large inventory with cool items

Handheld: The Oracle Pair( though I enjoyed Ages more) for the connectivity

LordoftheShy

Apr 23, 2009
I voted for Ocarina of Time, but then right after I hit submit I changed my mind. I would choose a tie between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. My first game into the series was Ocarina of Time and I loved it. The dungeons were hard (way back then), the bosses were big and interesting, the game took a long time to complete, good music, atmosphere, and story. I just loved it.

A little while after Majorah's mask came out, my brother and I rented it and I watched him play it. He was always better at games than me, and I wasn't too good at those games back in the day, so I was content with just watching him beat it. Well, he beat all the dungeons and then got bored with it and never beat the last boss, despite having a day or two before having to return the game. I never did rent it again or buy it for cheap, so I can't really say much.

My sister bought Wind Waker. She must have beaten that game with 100% completed several times by now. I watched her play parts of it, but I never picked it up due to what I say as excessive sailing and the color scheme. I don't mind cell shaded games, but the colors for that game made me nauseous just looking at it.

I played Twilight Princess a year ago and absolutely loved it. Everything about it; the story, the pacing, the world and environments, atmosphere for the dungeons, the dungeons, and the bosses. Even though the bosses were easy, I still loved them. I've probably beaten the game 3 or 4 times. I thought the change to the wolf form was a great change of pace and the instant warp to several areas in the late part of the game helped reduce the monotony of travel found in other games. So while I absolutely loved Twilight Princess, I just wish the bosses were more challenging.

I guess I can't really compare much, because I haven't played many games out of the series, but I think I'm going to pick up Majorah's Mask some day and work myself through Wind Waker, who knows I may end up liking it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Where the balls is Seasons?

The best one I've played. Ages was harder...A lot harder, imo. Not as great with the balance issues.

Pscyon

Mar 9, 2009
Grae said:
...Where the hell is A Link To The Past???
A Link to the Past is the best Zelda game ever. Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess go for a tied 2nd. I have no idea if Wind Waker (never played it because of the horrid horrid cell-shading crap) or the Gameboy games are any fun, as I never played them.