Poll: Best-looking Avenger

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
The thread states best LOOKING Avenger. Many posts are biased towards personalities.

Going purely physically..

I'm a straight guy and I think all the guys are handsome fellas. It's all very close but I'd have to give the edge to Captain America. That build is impressive. It has to be really hard to maintain so major respect for that.

Considering everything..

I imagine many guys would love to have what Tony Stark has, if you take the entire character under consideration, maybe him. I wouldn't be the womanizer (although he seems to be putting that behind him) I would just stick to one woman and just use that charm and wealth to make her happy, which it seems like he's doing with Pepper. Beyond that, it would be gratifying to use those talents and power to make the world a better place.

Steve Rodgers is an all around good guy and those innate skills and prowess would be sweet, but I imagine it would be hard to deal with watching everyone else around you grow old while you stay the same physical age. His commitment to keeping everyone safe will probably dominate his existence, so he lives for the people but not for himself.

Being brilliant like Banner would be great and much like Stark it would be nice to make the world the better place.. But knowing that beast inside you can wreck everything and get people killed would be an unending nightmare.

As for Barton, he's a good guy as well but while he's very skilled he's also in the same boat as Black Widow and Falcon as being mortal and fragile. You have to respect that despite such a "handicap" they are able to run with the big dogs.. But imagine what those thoughts would do to family and friends.

As for the ladies, well, again very close. They are all very attractive women but of all the women in the various Marvel movies it has to be Darcy/Kat Dennings. She's sooooo gorgeous and I like her quirky sense of humor. That and she keeps it well together despite the crazy things she's been a part of.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
remnant_phoenix said:
Yes, I know I didn't include Black Widow. The OP is about male attractiveness, and that would derail the point of the poll/thread.

And because it probably wasn't clear via implication, I am a straight male.
Maybe add the word "Male" into your thread title then? I mean I can answer just from an aesthetic angle I guess, but the clarification would be nice.

Just from pure physical attractiveness, I'd have to say Thor, simply because I think of the men, he's the best specimen of male attractiveness of those in this movie. Seeing him without a shirt on, I can understand why people want to ride his hammer. I personally don't, as I'm hetero-male, but I can see the reason for the attraction.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
They're all obviously quite attractive fellows, but come on, does nobody remember this?

Thor. No doubt.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
BoogieManFL said:
Being brilliant like Banner would be great and much like Stark it would be nice to make the world the better place.. But knowing that beast inside you can wreck everything and get people killed would be an unending nightmare.
Well, at least it allowed for what is easily the best scene in The Incredible Hulk, so there.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
I voted for Captain America but Thor is a real close second. Ugh such a hard choice.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
They covered all bases with this for the ladies.

You've your typical, clean cut, good looking leader in Cap.

You're rugged, bit of rough man mountain in Thor.

You're slightly older, more sophisticated & intelligent + arty, sauve type in Stark.

And you're traditional, ugly-handsome caring family man in Hawkeye.

Even Ultron if you hate men and only like vibrators.

Personally I'd look like Cap if I had to choose, but I'm bald as a coot and my ex used to tell me my persona was more Stark-like than anything, so I'm resigned to being a Lex Luthor get naff all women type lol.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Danbo Jambo said:

You're slightly older, more sophisticated & intelligent + arty, sauve type in Stark.

Personally I'd look like Cap if I had to choose, but I'm bald as a coot and my ex used to tell me my persona was more Stark-like than anything, so I'm resigned to being a Lex Luthor get naff all women type lol.
You left out the "Adorkable Nerd" type in Banner

Dec 10, 2012
Feel free to call my opinion biased because of my Scandinavian heritage and my love of the Norse way of life. But as the straightest male among my guy friends, I can't help but enjoy looking at Thor. If I could choose someone else to look like for the rest of my life, it would be that dude. He's an impressive specimen.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Scarlet Witch if that's not acceptable to your gender exclusive topic then I shall have to spoil people and go with falcon.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Physically, Cap or Thor.

Rogers post-serum looks like the God of Bowflex and Thor is an actual god with the perfect physique deities apparently get for free. Both are chiseled chunks of man-meat pretty much anyone who liked guys would be happy to wrap themselves around.

Mentally/socially I'd have to go with Banner or Stark.

Cap is too good, if such a thing is possible. His constant, unending virtue would creep me out, deepen my inferiority complex, or simply become insufferable. Thor presents difficulty with age barriers, fundamentally inhuman thinking, and a joy of fighting and yelling that don't resonate with me.

Stark is an egotistical asshole who drips snark at every opportunity, but I fit two out of those three characteristics, so I feel like we'd get along. Banner is probably the most like me, a smart introvert with severe anger and depression problems who distances himself from everyone and everything out of a mostly-accurate perception that nobody can handle his bad days.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Happyninja42 said:
Danbo Jambo said:

You left out the "Adorkable Nerd" type in Banner
Ooops, of course!

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Steve Rogers easily, he would totally get kicked out of bed in favour of Henry Cavil though (yes, yes he's not an Avenger I know) as he is kinda in the middle of Thor and Captain America when it comes to that mix of clean looking vs ruggedness.

chromatic fairytale

May 25, 2015
Totally seconding all these Captain America votes, though I can understand how he could come off as -too- good to some. I just love righteous leader types with hearts full of JUSTICE. Also, on a much sillier/shallow note, I just really like blond guys. I'm not really into muscles at all though, so imo he also purely wins in the face category... but I really miss his adorable 40s hair.
Bruce Banner has a great personality too, so precious!

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
My husband Clint, obviously.

But long time swooning for Jeremy Renner sways that.