Poll: Best Resident Evil Game

Durxom

May 12, 2009
Veldie said:
GavmatexD said:
Ill be honest ive never played Zero , is it bravo team you play as ?
You play as Rebecca and a escaped convict Billy they can both do stuff the other cant and Rebeca cant take a hit worth shit but Billy can.

Its accualy pretty good they didnt fuck it up like they did 4 or 5
Not the best tho but the leeches are nuts.
Ya...except for the fact that the series was going to end up more action oriented anyways, as the game that the creator wanted to be Resident Evil 3/4 ended up becoming Devil May Cry.

As for my favourite, RE5 followed closely by RE4. I love both pretty much equally, but RE5 is just one of the games that just ended up running very well for me, and I've just had a blast playing that game, since it mixes the atmospheric horror and action together nicely.

Imbechile

Aug 25, 2010
As someone who played very very little of all 3 games before RE4 I have to ask the question why is RE4 considered best? I found it extremly repetitive and too damn long, not once did I jump and I'm not a very brave person, easy, repetitive and a PC port that is so shitty that the people responsible for it should be hanged.

My favorite would be RE3. I still haven't beaten RE2 and I've almost completed REmake. I won't even bother with RE5.

Prometherion

Jan 7, 2009
-Zen- said:
Resident Evil 4, easily. I had fucking blast with that one. However, I do have to give a special mention to Resident Evil 5 for:

(1) A sawed-off triple barrel shotgun

(2) A hulked out Chris Redfield beating the shit out of a boulder

(3) Kung Fu Action Wesker

and

(4) D. C. Douglas' voice
Lol at number 2!

Resident Evil is fine providing you dont think too hard. Like why you need a obscure object to open wooden doors when your knife can smash open the unlocked ones.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
A resounding fourrrrr. To think if it wasn't for that game my avatar would be different. Life changing.

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
RE5. One of the funniest games I have ever played and just plain fun to play through as well. It also has fridge-anatomy Chris boulder punching in glorious 1080p graphics. In all seriousness though, it balances lingering dread with utter hilarity quite well.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
#4, of course. One of the things it did so right was to break from the formula of the previous games. The atmosphere of the RE games has always been creepy in the way you would expect, but gameplay was never up to the task until #4.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Durxom said:
atmospheric horror
Did we play the same game? I couldn't find any horror in 4 or 5, there was nothing scary about either of them, to any degree. It's like dino crisis, I found dino crisis 1 kind of scary, (that T rex putting it's head through the window) but I found dino crisis two not scary at all, it was just an action game like vanquish or something.

On topic. 3 was by far the best, granted the controls were awful and very rigid but the nemesis coming after you and those little QTE's were awesome, they change depending on how long it took you to chose a path.

That water puzzle was a total bastard to do though, I can't count the hours I spent listening to that thing beep at me.

The merc mode was amazing fun, just a bit of a ***** you could easily do it with one of them and the rest were nearly impossible.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Kind of a toss up between 4 and 5 for me. 4 has a good storyline, original game play for the RE series and cool scenery. But RE5 has Wesker and co-op. I guess 5 was my favorite with 4 close behind. The co-op was fun to play split screen with friends and the fights with Wesker were extremely fun. Just wish they didn't make Wesker's ambition so insane, that kinda ruined the story for me.

I have a personal grudge against the previous 3 for a reason unrelated to game play.

Durxom

May 12, 2009
omega 616 said:
Durxom said:
atmospheric horror
Did we play the same game? I couldn't find any horror in 4 or 5, there was nothing scary about either of them, to any degree. It's like dino crisis, I found dino crisis 1 kind of scary, (that T rex putting it's head through the window) but I found dino crisis two not scary at all, it was just an action game like vanquish or something.
Maybe I just have a different definition of horror than you?

I don't need to have jump scares, or defenselessness, or any of that to define it as horror. The setting was horrific and chaotic, you are trapped without help, and you have to face abominations, plus with music tracks such as this...

...it really adds to the atmosphere of the whole thing. Sure, its not survival horror, but you would think it, it wouldn't need to be, story-wise, it's the climax of the whole thing(RE5, I mean), plus these people have been fighting these zombies/monsters/etc for what...10+ years now...I'm pretty sure they don't need to be scared by them anymore.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I'm gonna say 4 as it was a good change of pace for the series and still a bit of a horror game, unlike 5 which has turned the series into just action.

If were including mods, this one looks like it's gonna be great when its released:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/re-t-raccoon-city-incident

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I've only played 4 and 5, but I preferred 5. Didn't find either scary and 5 just seemed more fun. And, excuse my vainness here, but the graphics were pretty darn good too.
Although I'm probably bias because a faulty rented Resident Evil 4 disc wouldn't load the last few levels.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
resident evil 4 has by far the best combat system and you always feel like you are being overwhelmed by the crazy villagers and then you start fighting cultists and a midget who dress up like napoleon bonaparte, whats not to love? gotta say i loved resi 2 as well, was pretty amazing for the time it was made.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Resident Evil 2 which is why it needs that gamecube or wii remake styles that Resident Evil got. It'll happen but not for a very long time because of all the new Resident Evil game sales.