Poll: Big Spoon or Little Spoon: which do you prefer

Skullpanda

Jun 12, 2009
Calibanbutcher said:
Skullpanda said:
Big spoon...but I'm fairly tall, and have yet to spend a night with anyone even slightly close to my height, so I'm sort of forced into that role.

I'm serious. I have yet to see the smaller of two people be able to pull off being the big spoon comfortably.
Here, me, I did it.

[sub][sub]A rround of applause for that guy <-- whee[/sub][/sub]
Well, then kudos to you, sir. You are far more skilled than I.

Metzeten

Oct 16, 2009
Big spoon, provided I can get my girls hair smooth enough that its not the single most tickly substance in the world brushing against my face...

Seriously... her hair... Carbon nanotubes have nothing on the fineness of that red spaghetti.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Big spoon, horrible dead-arms be damned! For some reason being the little spoon makes me feel like a big sissy-girl.

For the record, I'm 90% comfortable being a big sissy-girl in most aspects of life, but apparently in cuddly-hug-times I most be at my most manly.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
prophecy2514 said:
When your heading off to sleep with your special sleeping buddy/partner, do you prefer to be the big spoon or the little spoon? or if you dont really have a preference, which one are you by default should you spoon?
Oh, whoops! I voted for which spoon I prefer to eat soup or yogurt with. I like teaspoons rather than tablespoons, so I voted "little spoon".

Um... I prefer to be the person cuddled with rather than the cuddler. Which spoon is that?

I mean, when you nest spoons in a silverware drawer, they're all the same size, so I don't think I'm visualizing your big/little metaphor very well.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Big spoon...without exception. Even when I'm alone, I sleep either on my side or face with my arm/leg on one side elevated with a pillow, so putting a woman's body there is a natural position for me.

I can't do little spoon without feeling like a giant lap-dog snuggling with it's owner.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Skullpanda said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Skullpanda said:
Big spoon...but I'm fairly tall, and have yet to spend a night with anyone even slightly close to my height, so I'm sort of forced into that role.

I'm serious. I have yet to see the smaller of two people be able to pull off being the big spoon comfortably.
Here, me, I did it.

[sub][sub]A rround of applause for that guy <-- whee[/sub][/sub]
Well, then kudos to you, sir. You are far more skilled than I.
But you have a cool nickname. So there's that.

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Random Argument Man said:
I miss being the big spoon. My ex and I used to tickle slightly our feets with our blanket...

I know it's weird, but I miss it...
I know that feel, bro...

OT: Big spoon; my ex was was too small for it to work the other way round.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Personally I prefer forking. I cant believe that no one has done that joke in 2 pages.

Edit: 69th post in the thread too

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
Little spoon when cuddling yes, though I prefer to separate when it's time for snoozing. I can only sleep in one position, which doesn't involve being docked with another person.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Psymon138 said:
I'm about 6'4" and my girlfriend is considerably shorter so I tend to be the big spoon. Otherwise the experience is more akin to wearing a large backpack than cuddling...
That sir, was awesome. It made me laugh.

I am always big spoon.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I'm always the bigger spoon, especially as my girlfriend is considerably shorter than I am and she just feels like a limpet on my back. When my best friend split up with her long-term boyfriend she asked if I'd stay with her a few nights as she was really upset and we spooned as she said it made her feel safe having my arms around her.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
Akytalusia said:
bleh. my body temperature rises exponentially when i sleep. it's barely tolerable for the other person just to be in the same bed with me. spooning is out of the question.
Wow, that's pretty hot.

...and your growing body temperature is quite an interesting phenomenon.

Also, I'm surprised nobody took a jab at that one...

On a more serious note, I do prefer being the big spoon. Though I've never attempted to be the little spoon.

Except that one time in college...

...yeah, let's never speak of that.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
Bara_no_Hime said:
prophecy2514 said:
When your heading off to sleep with your special sleeping buddy/partner, do you prefer to be the big spoon or the little spoon? or if you dont really have a preference, which one are you by default should you spoon?
Oh, whoops! I voted for which spoon I prefer to eat soup or yogurt with. I like teaspoons rather than tablespoons, so I voted "little spoon".

Um... I prefer to be the person cuddled with rather than the cuddler. Which spoon is that?

I mean, when you nest spoons in a silverware drawer, they're all the same size, so I don't think I'm visualizing your big/little metaphor very well.
you're a little spoon. and with the metaphor, place a little/relatively smaller spoon on top of a bigger spoon (and line them up). spoons are very close together, and big spoon encompasses the little one.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011

I was going to say does anyone ever read the OP before clicking on the poll anymore?

[small]but since I've been guilty of this before too in the past... I'll shut my hypocritical mouth...[/small]

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Playing big spoon is my obligation in my relationship, but it drives me crazy. One arm just sits there, gradually going numb from being crushed between the two of us. The hell if I know what I'm supposed to do with it. All I know is that if I got to be the little spoon, I wouldn't have to put up with it.