Poll: Bioshock Infinite: Favorite Vigor

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Well, eight vigors, eight options, look how snugly that fits.
Anyway.
I figured we had a favorite weapon thread, why not favorite vigor?
I have to say my favorite is Return To Sender, followed quickly by Murder of Crows. There's something REALLY cool about catching enemy bullets and throwing them back. Especially when you stand right in front of a Motorized Patriot and just catch everything it cranks out at you.
It's funny, in the first Bioshock, an audiolog about the Telekinesis plasmid testing said that it can't stop a speeding bullet.
Return To Sender can.

SO!
What's you favorite?
Oh, and you might as well throw in some combinations if you want, like Murder of Crows and Devil's Kiss.
I don't really know about any outside of that (I don't experiment that much) so this'll be a nice learning tool for me (and others, I'm sure).

Captcha: how likely do you feel that you might get shingles?
First you tell me shingles might already be inside me, then you quiz me on what causes it, now you're asking me how likely I feel that I could get it.
You're starting to make me paranoid, Captcha.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
My favorite was Undertow. Some asshat on a roof sniping you? Just pull him down and blast him in the face with a shotgun. Issue solved :D

I think if you charge someone who you just devil kissed, they explode.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Bleidd Whitefalcon said:
My favorite was Undertow. Some asshat on a roof sniping you? Just pull him down and blast him in the face with a shotgun. Issue solved :D

I prefer to use Possession on that guy's ass so he turns around and starts sniping enemies for me. Honestly, Possession is the ONLY Vigor you need for the entire game. And it's certainly amusing to see a guy hurl himself off the edge of the city or off high ground when the effect ends.

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
When you fully upgrade Murder of Crows you can have a perpetual trap because when you kill someone being crowed it makes a new one! It was like shooting fish in a barrel with a shotgun as they kept setting of the traps.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
VanQ said:
Bleidd Whitefalcon said:

I prefer to use Possession on that guy's ass so he turns around and starts sniping enemies for me. Honestly, Possession is the ONLY Vigor you need for the entire game. And it's certainly amusing to see a guy hurl himself off the edge of the city or off high ground when the effect ends.
I just snipe them back, considering I carry a sniper around half the time. Since Possession doesn't lock on (like it fucking well SHOULD) I end up missing half the time, or accidentally blowing it on a piece of cover in front of me.

Since I'm playing on 1999 mode, which - and some people will violently disagree with me on this - isn't really that difficult if you know what you're doing and what guns work best with what enemies, I've found that the Bucking Bronco is the best one to go with, with the crows a close second. Bronco wins out over crows because of its low salt cost, so I can use it more without refilling as much. Crows gets a close second because of its upgrade which makes the corpse a crow trap on death, which is a wonderful little gift that keeps on giving. These two win above all the rest because of their increased damage and stun time, both of which are low cost upgrades.

And, of course, there's nothing quite like bucking a fireman into the air and over the ledge with only a single melee attack. There's something to be said for a flying city and its edges...

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Undertow's a good one as being able to pull annoying enemies like snipers towards you or push the guys with rockets off their barges is hella useful.

Return to Sender's really useful as well, especially against something like a Patriot.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I only had to use the Shock Jockey with the hand cannon and machine gun to beat the game on Normal. Starting today on the highest difficulty. I'll probably have to change my strategy.

nexus

May 30, 2012
Bucking Bronco.

It's overpowered. I played through on 1999 Mode, and upgraded Bronco made most battles trivial.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Murder of Crows. There is no other answer. The only downside at all to this perk is that it doesn't have use on a certain enemy. Aside from that, it is the best.

Dec 14, 2009
Return to Sender.

1: Stand in front of an Iron Patriot.
2: Catch all the bullets.
3: Laugh hysterically.
4: Throw bullets back in enemy's face.
5: ???
6: Profit!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Murder of Crows for me. Something about the sound effects and visuals of having a flock of crows charge out from behind you just really appeals to me in ways that I should probably talk to a shrink about.

Return to Sender was pretty sweet as well.

Undertow came in handy during the final level. "Get off my airship, ************!"

I didn't use the others that much.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Bucking Bronco was very fun, made for some ub3r l33t n0-zkop3 h34Dsh0015 when you upgrade the duration.
Charge was good for early game, but as you got later on in become more cool in concept. Execution became kind of hard because of how hectic stuff was.
Good backups were always MoC and Devil's Kiss. Stunning guys with birds is fun, and you can't beat a good grenade.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Shock jockey + shotgun blast = instakill

Also I had gear that when I killed an enemy who has been "shocked", they pass on the shock effect to nearby enemies.
When fully upgraded, I cleared out entire rooms with only 4 shots.

Also Murder of Crows is good(though not as good as SJ) especially when you electrify the crows.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I did love me some bucking bronco. Get a group near an edge, bronco'em up, then one or tow shotgun blasts and wait for them to fall. Fuckin priceless.

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
For the first two thirds of the game or so, Murder of Crows was easily my favorite and most-used vigor. By the end, however, I was just amazed by how fun it was to drag loads of people off of their gunships straight into my shotgun blast with Undertow. As far as a favorite, they're both pretty much tied, since I can't live without those dead body crow-bombs.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
What my favorite is and what I used the most are completely different. My favorite is easily Murder of Crows just because nothing in any video game I've ever played feels as satisfying as shooting crows out of my hand to rip the flesh off my enemies.

However, once I got Undertow, I hardly used anything else, especially after I upgraded it. Fully armored jerkoff with a rocket launcher on a floating barge? Get the hell off my floating city!

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Definitely Bucking bronco! You can do a lot with it. You can lift up dudes then blast them, and if they are near the edge then its bye bye Columbia for them because its a long way down, and its awesome. I also like putting devils kiss right in front of me then using undertow to drag 3 guys into it.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
I really like how all of those 8 powers are useful and can be used in different combinations against different enemies. Great job on that. My favourite was Undertow, since it saved my ass many times against Handymens. It locked on quick,pulled em towards me, and had them floating in front of me for a few seconds, so I emptied my Carbine into its heart and slithered away before it could bash my face in. Second Favourite would be Devil's kiss, because holy shit, when that vigor is upgraded, it does some serious hurt, specially if you charge it up into a trap form and throw it at someone. It almost looks like a small nuclear explosion. KO's a lot of enemies. Posession was cool solely for the reason that the dude suicides right after he's doe being possessed. It just looked hilarious the way melee enemies bashed their own face in with a bat 4 times until they dropped dead. Shock Jockey was incredibly useful with the Patriots. I just kept blasting and shooting it in the back constantly. Worked really well.