Poll: Bioshock Infinite: good or bad?

Mar 9, 2010
Well if they went with the game being about Rapture again then it would be dry, which is rather ironic considering Rapture is at the bottom of the sea. The game needed a new direction and they found it. I like games that expand on the plot a lot because there are always so many questions unanswered. This game will be no different, but it'll answer some too.

That was the right use of ironic, right?

May 23, 2010
ThePizzaGuy556 said:
Looks terrible to me, i loved Bioshock for how different it was from everyother game. To me it was insanely unique and Rapture was a great setting. I think they shoulda stopped at 2
Not before 2? A friend lent Bioshock 2 to me. I stopped playing the once I realised that I was no longer some unlucky bastard trapped in an interesting city, but rather an overused maguffin trapped in the same damn city. About 5 minutes in.

OT: Depends on how the overall atmosphere of the game is. Like the opening of Bioshock 1, where everything wants to kill you and it's mildly frightening, but not like later on where you and your trusty god-camera blast away everything in your path. It's called 'Bethesda syndrome' and it's not a good thing for horror games.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
Considering the game is coming out in 2012 I will reserve judgment for a whole game on one teaser trailer. But one thing that has me excited is that they are making a whole new engine for this game, and ditching the (completely overused and not good looking) Unreal engine*.

*Unreal Engine 2.5...

*Why the hell would they still use 2.5?!

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
PurpleLemur said:
Superior Mind said:
Don't know why they kept the same Bioshock moniker. I mean it may be set in the same universe, but you hear "Bioshock" and you think leaking dilapidated submarine cities, not flying steampunk balloon cities.

I reckon it looks cool. Definitely more likely to buy this than Bioshock 2, (which I didn't bother with.)
Basically this is what I want to say, except it doesn't have my flair or charm. Does it have to be called Bioshock? I appreciate it'll draw fans from its older audience, but you could just grow some cojones and launch a new IP couldn't you?
Agreed completely but before we go on I'd like to say that I didn't detect any flair or charm in what you wrote either. ;)

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Perhaps, I am dissapointed that were out of rapture, but at the same time im relieved that we arent milking the setting to much. This new airship thing looks good, but where are the plasmids? they cant exist because there are no ADAM slugs around. Unless there are ADAM pigions, I dont see that working.

Looking foward to it none the less.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I think they should have just gone with a different -shock and made it a completely different game series.

Aeroshock...
Ecoshock...
Hydroshock...

I think you probably get my point.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I think it's going to be good. At the very least, it should be fun. I'm also eager to see how it ties in with the other two games, since it has little to do with the story of Rapture, apparently.
silver wolf009 said:
Perhaps, I am dissapointed that were out of rapture, but at the same time im relieved that we arent milking the setting to much. This new airship thing looks good, but where are the plasmids? they cant exist because there are no ADAM slugs around. Unless there are ADAM pigions, I dont see that working.

Looking foward to it none the less.
You get plasmid-esque powers by destroying crow statues in the game. I don't know exactly how they explain that one, but one of the powers is "Murder of Crows", which appropriately allows you to direct a murder of crows into attacking your enemies. Elizabeth also has powers, but using them causes harm to her. It's the Infinite version of saving or killing Little Sisters.

Feb 25, 2009
Well, it is just a teaser, but I think it looks phenomonal. 2K seems to be taking Bioshock in an awesome new direction.

TheTaco007

Sep 10, 2009
Well it looks like they might be milking it a bit, and I'm not sure why it's is now in the sky instead of Rapture, but I can't pass judgement, since I loved the first 2 games.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I think it has a lot of potential and I don't doubt that it will be a great addition to the series. That being said, I'm really going to miss Rapture.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
The facts of:

1. Original Design Team
2. Done in a different setting

Makes me feel hopeful. Sounds like they want to do something different but the same. I'd rather they do that rather than the same, except DIFFERENT! And yes those two statements do mean different things.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
The first one was an interesting concept but mediocre execution, so I don't have high hopes for this.

Vires Vox

Oct 16, 2008
Just_A_Glitch said:
I think they should have just gone with a different -shock and made it a completely different game series.

Aeroshock...
Ecoshock...
Hydroshock...

I think you probably get my point.
Ecoshock is a great name for ecological terroist organisation, would probably make a good game too

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
It's a huge risk they're taking, and the fact that it's Irrational taking the risk makes me very optimistic.
Also, if they weren't going to use the Bioshock name, then it wouldn't seem innovative at all as it would just be "Bioshock in the air". Granted, that's basically what it is, but because it's Bioshock, it's allowed to be Bioshock in the air. If that makes any sense.

Unlucki

Apr 15, 2009
Ildecia said:
seems like i'm going with the crowd here.
i think it has potential for 3 reasons, and 2 (barely) logical thoughts
[sup] lets see what kind of feedback if any i get from this[/sup]
reason 1. once you've gone underwater, and realized that after a sequal its not as good; you go up. then some more up. so sky>ocean city

Reason 2. if we get to play as the big hulking mechanical arm that eats people; cool. i we get to play as that guy (granted we get plasmids etc.) alrighty then. If we get to play as elenor from bioshock 2; epic. Big Sister=win

reason 3. the sky city and the concept for such a city is just too cool; and i am getting sick of watching fish move faster than i am.

(Barely) logical thought 1: we escaped rapture in bioshock 2 right? i mean... if you ripped too many little girls spines out; ok. if you saved little girls; good. but we escaped nonetheless.
(Barely) logical thought 2: sequals have to move somewhere else right? rapture--->rapture didn't feel like much of a change so... hopes for the better!!!
You won't play as Elenor because this is set before the first Bioshock. That is also why your barely logical thought 1 doesn't matter.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
imahobbit4062 said:
Seeing as how I completely hated the poor excuse of a game that was the first one, I don't see me liking this.
Born 1994. Yep. ;)

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
I'm not sure how I feel about this game. On one hand it's more Bioshock, I love the first and the second was OKAY but not the greatest. It might surprise me and turn out to be really good but I just hope they don't start pumping out tons of sequels. Is there going to be a Bioshock Infinite 2 now? Bioshock: Last Stand? Bioshock: City of Darkness? Bioshock 3?

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Personally, I'm in love with sea stories, show me Finding Nemo or Jaws and I'm going to be all over them like a starving fat man on a fudge cake. So the first two Bioshocks had a hold over me whether the game play was good or not.

(I mean for fuck sake I love the movie Waterworld, and the horrible acting and flimsy plot never bothered me).

Infinite looks great, but it's just not going to have the same effect I'm afraid...=/