Poll: Bioshock Infinite or Skyrim?

Feb 26, 2011
I'm a fairly low-budget gamer. Most of the time I'll wait a few years for a game to drop a few bucks, rather than pay full price for it. But there are two upcoming games that even I'm willing to stand in line for on release day: Bioshock Infinite and Skyrim.

A little question for my fellow Escapists: If you could have either game RIGHT NOW, which would it be?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Ooooh, tough choice, but I think I'll go with Infinite since I didn't enjoy Oblivion that much, while Bioshock 1... well, let's just say I'm replaying it again, and intend to get my platinum this time.

Calumon: What if I can't play either? Do I get the money, cos I am kinda hungry!

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
That one with the Dragons and the viking dudes. On one hand, you have a game by the people who made Bioshock, which really wasn't such a great game gameplay-wise (or even story-wise, come to think of it), it just had atmosphere. For the first 30 minutes. And Andrew Ryan. And would you kindly not forget about AtlasFONTAINE either. Then they made Bioshock 2. Gameplay a bit better, atmosphere all gone, story a bit better, and a cool ending. Yay.

I really fucking wish Irrational Games went back and made Freedom Force 2 or whatever the fuck they'd call it now.

Back to my second sentence's beginning, on the other hand, you got a game by the peoples that made Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3. Expectations? Bad writing, avarage main plot, lots of sidequests (some of which are pretty fucking great) and some craaaaazy good mods. (Morrowind was better in the writing and plot section, but that was a long time ago, and Bethesda obviously changed since then)

I'll go with Skyrim, because I expect Infinite to be about 10 hours long at best, while Skyrim will probably have some lasting appeal. Unless it's going to be shit. Which is entirely possible judging from the trailers. They just... don't really tell me anything about the game other than the location.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Well since neither is out yet, it will be slightly difficult to judge, but overall I would pick skyrim, because if you only buy games like three years down the road when you do buy something it should be something with substance.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I'm going with BI on this one. No offense to the massive fanbase, but I've never enjoyed a TES game. Bioshock just had this wonderful, fairly unique world and feel to it, and I'm interested in seeing how that translates to an entirely different setting.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Both, going to buy both, and going to love both.

So ain't gonna choose between my pretties :3

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Skyrim, hands down. Bioshock 2 was too much of a disappointment, so I have little hope for Bioshock Infinite.

May 5, 2010
If I could have one right now, then Bioshock, obviously. I'll have Skyrim in a few months no matter what, so Infinite is the obvious choice since it has a longer wait attached to it.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
I'm a big fan of Bioshock.... well, the first one. And Infinite is looking fantastic (Mostly because Ken Lavine is actually making it). But, you will likely get more out of Skyrim so if you could only get one, go with Skyrim. Elder Scrolls games give 200+ hours of gameplay.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
The Heavy Metal Nerd said:
I'm a fairly low-budget gamer. Most of the time I'll wait a few years for a game to drop a few bucks, rather than pay full price for it. But there are two upcoming games that even I'm willing to stand in line for on release day: Bioshock Infinite and Skyrim.

A little question for my fellow Escapists: If you could have either game RIGHT NOW, which would it be?
Well Bioshock Infinite doesn't come out to next year, and even then its still TBA. So that might not come out till middle of next year. So I would go with Skyrim for now, since that comes out this year.

KILLERTHING

Nov 13, 2009
Bioshock: Infinite

I enjoyed Bioshock 1 and Oblivion immensely (bioshock 2 was ok) but i just want to play infinite more than skyrim just now.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Skyrim comes out in November, while Bioshock infinite comes out in the second quarter of 2012.

Surely you should have enough money to buy Bioshock infinite later on, while you enjoy skyrim in November.