Poll: Bod Mods and YOU! [Your Limits]

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
On Netflix, there's an online documentary called "Modify." Watch it before you claim tolerances you may not have considered. One guy had his hand removed...

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
thiosk said:
Im a strictly level 1 guy.

However, if i had the choice to implant my mind in a machine at the end of my biological life,
sign me up for level 9
Don't do it! That was how "Total Annihilation" began!!

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I'm a level 3. Although it would maybe be cool with a full body tattoo. Although it won't be as cool and sexy when I'm 65 and my skin's gone wrinkly. *shutters*

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
bjj hero said:
Abedeus said:
bjj hero said:
Doing a lot of martial arts most of the piercing stuff is out of the question. Im currently quite attractive and in good shape so for the moment I'll rule out plastic surgery. I don't find scarrification attractive. All of my scars have a story more involved than "I paid some guy to do it".
I feel the same.

Also, notice this - do you have any idea how easy it is to incapacitate someone with a piercing? You grab it, then hold as hard as you can and pull even harder. Blood loss is more than enough to drain his strength.
Tearing a piecing out will get you out of most choke or submission holds.
Yeah, but a good hold or choke should immobilize you.

Then again, the fear of getting the piercing ripped off in a fight would be more than enough to break the hold.

You reach with your hand to the piercing, and he sees it. 3 choices:

a) he tightens the grip in hope of... I mean, in a desperate attempt to protect himself
b) he pushes you away
c) gets it ripped out with pieces of flesh and a lot of blood.

Soo.... yeah. It'd be easy to fight someone with more vital (weak) points than other people.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
I probably won't get piercings, as they really seem to disgust me for some reason, so I would probably go up to level 5, whilst skipping all the piercings.. But I would like to see some more "extreme" levels.. Like say, bat wings and devil horns?

Catfoot

Jul 29, 2009
Im a level 2, but I wouldn't mind stretching my ear a little (I think that's what you mean by gauging?) but i dont think I'd go past around 7mm. I really dont think that it should fall under level 4, probably 3 or even 2. I know loads of people with stretched ears that would never get a tattoo.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Does prosthetic surgery count?Where one is just out to improve his appearance, not get something ridiculous inserted?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Nothing. No way I would pierce anything or get a tattoo. Why bother? I really don't think it makes you look cool at all and there is nothing that I would want on my body forever. Even if I got a cross, when I turn 80 and it's all saggy, I will be regretting it.

It's a permanent decision that you will most likely regret. Also, there is no way I would ever in my life get a split tongue. Even if it got to the point where I could choose to get my tongue split or be killed, I would pick death. It doesn't even look good.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
maybe in the future, if it can enhance speed and strength, i would go lvl 9, but for myself, lvl 1 most likely. people can go to lvl 58 for all i care. their bodies, not mine.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Lord Krunk said:
Originally, I thought this was about body mods in games like Fallout 3 or Oblivion. Silly me.
Exactly what I thought...

But for me? As long as you don't get any gauges its cool :)

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
wootsniper said:
Mcface said:
tats are cool.
anything else just makes you look stupid.

My girlfriend is all tatt'd out.
i used to have some lip rings, but i took them out because I grew up.
you mean you grew up and realised your where twice as stupid as most people of your age?

a FEW lip rings :S

as in more than 1?
in your LIP?
as in two

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I'd rather stab myself in the face then get any cosmetic surgery.

Don't mind tattoo's though. Ear rings, on myself is a no, but they're attractive on women. Men, I'm indifferent to it.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
T3h Camp3r T3rr0r1st said:
I said level 3 but I won't get piercings, only tats
This. I've got one tattoo, might get a second or third over the course of my life, but I won't be piercing anything.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Level 3 for me. I already have an earring, and I may get a tattoo on my arm in the future.

Simmo8591

May 20, 2009
I'm level 1, don't think piercings look that good on guys... although on girls I'm fine with ear, nose (stud only) and belly button. Tattoos don't bother me but equally I don't think i will get any

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I'm transhumanist so I'm fine for changing your body however you want and will do anything that can advance my body in some positive way to myself. Roll on eye surgery and hopefully cybernetics.

I won't get tattoos though due to my career choices.