Poll: Brovengers or Injustice League?

Harley Q

Oct 11, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Brovengers is best, Injustice League are stinky and mean poopy-heads. They also support genocide and puppy murder. Do you want to be allied with people who kill cute little puppies for kicks? I thought not.
Yes yes we kill puppies, but we leave kittens alone, cute little fluffy kitties. Aw they're SO CUTE!!! You want to hear about my cats, let me tell you about my cats, they're amazing. Oh and that whole genocide thing is codswallop! We don't support the murder of everyone, just those we deem to be oxygen thieves, troublemakers, imbeciles, superlatives, conservatives, naughty people telling fibs, environmentalists, radical fundamentalists, liberals, anarchists and people who chew with their mouths open.

Thank you OP for joining the illustrious ranks of our future world order Injustice League

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
I'm surprised and glad both parties are dead even in numbers. It's fun to divide the escapist into a friendly battle ground.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Yes, fight you fools, and when your weary from killing each other, I will strike and take my place![/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
Wait, there are two groups in the escapist? Really?! I have been hear more than a year and have not known this :S I need to explore the forums more me thinks :'(

Edit: Nearly 3 years now it seems. WOW

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
DovaChiief said:
Alright, first time poster here (so be gentle). As a new member, I've heard whispers of two powerful organizations here on the escapist - The Noble Brovengers, and the Evil/Forward-Thinking Injustice League. I can only join one. Who do you recommend?
VS thread + RP.

I thought the escapist used to frown on this kind of stuff?

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
sapphireofthesea said:
Wait, there are two groups in the escapist? Really?! I have been hear more than a year and have not known this :S I need to explore the forums more me thinks :'(

Someone suddenly called parties and they're currently flooding the forums, these groups haven't always been around it's a stupid fad that would've died out on the old escapist (I'm an old user under a different nickname so yes I know what I'm talking about.)

The Pumpkin Witch

Sep 21, 2012
M-E-D The Poet said:
And you're repeat posting. Bravo.

No, seriously.

Bravo.

On Topic: Wahoo! Fresh meat for the Injustice League! Go team!
sapphireofthesea said:

I can hear the sarcasm dripping from your keyboard. :D

I wonder how many of the what? Hundred? Hundreds of Escapist Groups are inactive now. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them have memberships where all the members were banned and no one even knows the groups even exist except for sitting on some dusty list.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Magikarp said:
Not to be a downer, but hasn't the war kind of petered out? Last I heard, members from both sides had got bored of it.
The war petered out, but the chats are active. They're 2 of the most active groups, and it was never about that anyway. It's just a place to talk about random stuff.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
M-E-D The Poet said:
sapphireofthesea said:

Someone suddenly called parties and they're currently flooding the forums, these groups haven't always been around it's a stupid fad that would've died out on the old escapist (I'm an old user under a different nickname so yes I know what I'm talking about.)
They're just usergroups and two threads count as flooding Off-topic?

Besides, I was in the Injustice League before it was cool[br]-Injustice League Hipster

neoontime said:
I'm surprised and glad both parties are dead even in numbers. It's fun to divide the escapist into a friendly battle ground.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Yes, fight you fools, and when your weary from killing each other, I will strike and take my place![/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
I'm also surprised, considering the Brovengers have twice as many members.

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
The Pumpkin Witch said:
M-E-D The Poet said:

No, seriously.

Bravo.

sapphireofthesea said:

I wonder how many of the what? Hundred? Hundreds of Escapist Groups are inactive now. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them have memberships where all the members were banned and no one even knows the groups even exist except for sitting on some dusty list.
this thread was so ridiculous I figured someone would have posted after mine, thanks though.

Lucem712 said:
M-E-D The Poet said:
sapphireofthesea said:

Besides, I was in the Injustice League before it was cool[br]-Injustice League Hipster

neoontime said:

I'm also surprised, considering the Brovengers have twice as many members.
I've been seeing people de-rail and flood threads for a while now and anyway two would already be two too many for my taste.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Lucem712 said:
M-E-D The Poet said:

M-E-D The Poet said:
I've been seeing people de-rail and flood threads for a while now and anyway two would already be two too many for my taste.
Well, its your right to dislike those groups and to contact moderators either via the report buttons or asking them directly if you feel said users (or myself) are breaking the rules or being allowed to get away with infractions.

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
The Pumpkin Witch said:
M-E-D The Poet said:

No, seriously.

Bravo.

sapphireofthesea said:

Amazingly this was a sarcasm free post. I am a forum browser (using the side tabs) and am generally here for the videos, though I have found some great forum posts in the past. I am very surprised it hasn't split over to the more normal posts enough for me to even realize something was up.

Captcha: One Fell Swoop (as in in one fell swoop my forum innocence has been lost :'( )

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
M-E-D The Poet said:
In the meantime you're contributing what to this thread besides complaints? Nothing else so far.

General Twinkletoes said:
Magikarp said:
Not to be a downer, but hasn't the war kind of petered out? Last I heard, members from both sides had got bored of it.
The war petered out, but the chats are active. They're 2 of the most active groups, and it was never about that anyway. It's just a place to talk about random stuff.
It's a way of keeping the groups interactive and thus ACTIVE. As The Pumpkin Witch pointed out above most User Groups are long since inactive or outright dead.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Copper Zen said:
Magikarp said:
It's a way of keeping the groups interactive and thus ACTIVE. As The Pumpkin Witch pointed out above most User Groups are long since inactive or outright dead.
I don't know about the IL, but the brovengers was never about the whole conflict thing. After about a week, it was barely ever mentioned, yet the group is still fine.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
M-E-D The Poet said:
sapphireofthesea said:

Why have you changed accounts? That's frowned on too, you know, even if it's not banjumping.

How have the groups been flooding the forums? This thread wasn't made by anyone from either of them, so it doesn't really count. Then there was that thread Copper Zen made when they stopped caring about each other... apart from that? How has the forum been affected at all? And when you say "Someone suddenly called parties" it makes it sounds like the groups are maybe a week old. Someone didn't suddenly call parties, a poster just made a thread about 2 groups.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I don't know about the IL, but the brovengers was never about the whole conflict thing. After about a week, it was barely ever mentioned, yet the group is still fine.
I know. One only has to re-read the Brovenger's oldest User Group chats to appreciate that.

The IL's attitude was more of "We've got at least SOMEONE to pretend is our nemesis" than "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out".

But several of the Brovengers are members of the Injustice League which leads to a kind of proprietary territoriality: "The Brovengers are OUR Arch-Nemeses!"

It doesn't have to make sense. The silliness is what's most of the fun. :)

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Why have you changed accounts? That's frowned on too, you know, even if it's not banjumping.

How have the groups been flooding the forums? This thread wasn't made by anyone from either of them, so it doesn't really count. Then there was that thread Copper Zen made when they stopped caring about each other... apart from that? How has the forum been affected at all? And when you say "Someone suddenly called parties" it makes it sounds like the groups are maybe a week old. Someone didn't suddenly call parties, a poster just made a thread about 2 groups.
They're close to be a year old (crazy!), the Injustice League is 8 months old tomorrow[footnote]Well, the Usergroups anyhow.[/footnote]. The Brovengers too, if the usergroup was created on the same day. (Which, I think they were...or close to, anyhow)

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
Aside from the little bit I have read on this thread I have no idea who or what either of these groups are.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
DovaChiief said:
Alright, first time poster here (so be gentle). As a new member, I've heard whispers of two powerful organizations here on the escapist - The Noble Brovengers, and the Evil/Forward-Thinking Injustice League. I can only join one. Who do you recommend?
I'm fairly new here myself, but WELCOME!
Now while I have yet to join either of these groups myself (saving myself to leap into the fray
unexpected if it becomes necessary) but from what I have observed--the most important consideration
when joining one of these teams is----

How well your name/avatar adapts.
For example, if I do find it necessary to join one of these groups to more effectively leap into
a conflict, I would join the Brovengers, as there are already some brokemon, and I could join
as their resident Cubrone.

Whatever you decide, happy posting!