Poll: Calling all metal-heads...

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Nouw said:
Esotera said:
Also, turns out that Dave Mustaine is a bit of a moron.
Elaborate :p. I'd like to know why. There are many reasons xD.
Well, he is a birther for one. For two, he does not want to appear with any black metal bands. He can also be a bit of a conspiracy nutter (Endgame was based on, in part, stuff from the Alex Jones film Endgame, for instance).

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Nouw said:
Esotera said:
Well, he is a birther for one. For two, he does not want to appear with any black metal bands. He can also be a bit of a conspiracy nutter (Endgame was based on, in part, stuff from the Alex Jones film Endgame, for instance).
What's a birther?

Nathan Crumpler

Sep 1, 2011
I'm going with Megadeth. Although, I would have posted a song from Rust in Peace to represent Megadeth. Personally, I think that is there best album to date.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Nouw said:
Esotera said:
I've been told he just recently came out as against gay marriage and there was a lot of hate on both sides. And also I seem to remember bandmates found him intolerable from a few interviews I read. Anyway, the wikipedia article [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mustaine#Personal_life] on his personal life will probably give you a reason if you didn't have one already.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Esotera said:
Nouw said:
Esotera said:
I've been told he just recently came out as against gay marriage and there was a lot of hate on both sides. And also I seem to remember bandmates found him intolerable from a few interviews I read. Anyway, the wikipedia article [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mustaine#Personal_life] on his personal life will probably give you a reason if you didn't have one already.
I suppose he's a bit of an idiot yes but I still like his music. Like I said, there are many reasons. A pity he's leaning into the uglier side of Christianity. Well more so anyway.

crazyfills

Nov 12, 2010
On avrage I like I prefere metalica to the outhers but symphony of destuction is the best song on that list.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Nouw said:
BreakfastMan said:
Nouw said:
Esotera said:
What's a birther?
A "birther" is a term that is used in America to refer to a group of people who believe that Obama was born in Kenya, not in the US, therefore making in ineligible for the presidency. They are usually derided by most people, because of the loads of evidence against the fact and the lack of evidence to support it. Usually put in the same category of conspiracy nutters who believe in the Illuminati or that the moon landing was faked. :p

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Gotta go with Metallica Just for the history I have with them. Anthrax comes second, because when an American band does a song about my favorite comic book that's british, I have to give them points.
Slayer is too heavy for me.
Just never really got into Megadeth.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
Out of Thrash I like Kreator the most... and the so called "big 4" I can tolerate them. And I would prefer Metallica the most.

SO Metallica.. but really non are that relevant anymore. Except for attracting new people people to the music.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Megadeath out of those 4, but my personal favourite metal band is In flames!

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Nouw said:
I suppose he's a bit of an idiot yes but I still like his music. Like I said, there are many reasons. A pity he's leaning into the uglier side of Christianity. Well more so anyway.
Oh yeah, he's an insanely talented musician and pretty damn influential, just not a very nice person. Doesn't stop me from listening to his music.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Megadeth was always my favourite of the 4.

They had more musical variety and inventiveness I felt than the other 3, as well as having a good mix between the heaviness and technical stuff.

However - nothing beats a bit of Reign In Blood by Slayer when you need some speed-rage! (Plus Slayer live is a hell of an experience)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Esotera said:
Oh yeah, he's an insanely talented musician and pretty damn influential, just not a very nice person. Doesn't stop me from listening to his music.
I actually think Dave being a bit of a dick is beneficial to his music, hehe. That sneering, snarly aggression in his voice and the often clashing tight musical notes, I think the riffs reflect that angry, bitter personality.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Metallica are by far my favourite, although I don't really like the others at all, and while I love Kill em all. I don't think I'd like Metallica half as much if they stuck to trash metal.

So my vote goes to Sabbath. You say thats not an option, but Sabbath is always an option.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Megadeth. I care little for the other of the big four.
Though the true kings of thrash are, and will always be, Overkill.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
oh man, that's a hard one. Metallica, Megadeth or Slayer is a question for the ages.

lol.

Just kidding. None of the above. Up the Irons.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Well, it depends really.

I listen to Metallica when I wanna headbang. I listen to Megadeth when I wanna fight. I listen to Slayer when I wanna kill. I listen to Anthrax when... actually, I haven't heard any of their songs, but I'll assume they're good; they ARE a part of the Big IV, after all.

I think I'll go with "Can't decide". They all rock, but each band rocks harder in specific situations.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Try and guess my favourite band! Hint: It starts with a T and ends with ool.
Of those four I'd have to say Metallica though.