Poll: Can you defeat yourself

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
He should know we don't have any money or valuables to hand over... but anyway, I'd smash him. He talks tough but hasn't got anything on me.

[sub]I'd actually run like hell. Or maybe try to figure how he done it so I could run through the except same scenario infinitely.[/sub]

dtgenshiken7

Aug 4, 2011
This would not happen. Is it not against the law of the universe for a narcissist to attack themselves? He would try and be intimidating, but as we slowly talk and realise our similarities and our mutual hate of society, I think we'd end up getting along. Also, the fact that future me has a beard is nothing short of awesome. In fact, it would probably be a ruse to first trick my past self, but then tell him that I am sure to grow a beard. We would laugh, share drinks, and have breakfast at noon, laughing at mainstream addicts and past me getting a few spoilers about the future.

SHOULD a fight occur, I am undergoing training right now, something I can only assume stretches into the future, thus my slightly older self would hold advantages in both strength and speed, probably mentally as well. I'd be screwed, but be damned if I let myself get away with robbing me without a fight.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
My psychiatrist has told me that I have a "self-defeating personality disorder". So probably.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009

Honestly? I'd definitely lose. Other me seems to be in on whatever is happening, and has the element of surprise. Even though neither of us can fight, he has more time to slap me unconscious, or whatever crazy shit I'd try if I actually had to attack someone.
Bearded me: 1- Clean me: 0

Aug 1, 2010
Being me, he would have the same understanding that I do that if we are ever to meet ourselves, we must immediately fuck.

So yeah.

After telling me to give him money, we would both start laughing at the joke and then take our pants off.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Secret Option 2: I wouldn't have any money. Unless it's the 20 dollars I use for my weekly ticket to Uni, in which case I will defend that money more vehemently than I would attack someone to get their money and would thus win by a slim margin of willpower.

Honestly though, I don't move around much when I'm fighting, so I reckon we'd be trading punches and kicks alot. I like to finish with a back choke when I can, but the thing is I would also be able to break most of my ribs from that position with my elbow. I think what would decide it would be which of me managed to get a weapons first.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009

The presence of the beard on my doppelgänger means he's evil, so that rules out a peaceful solution. Hmm, I guess I could quickly scan the alley for anything I could use against him. I'd rather not kill him though until I found out just what the hell was going on.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
If this person is really me then wouldn't that mean it will be an evenly fight and neither of us will lose but will tried out at the same time?

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
yeah if this person is yelling at me for my money i will jump at her and start scratching while she is off guard and i am pretty much a wussy girl so the surprise at the person im mugging jumping at me and trying to scratch my eyes out would be enough to get me to run away

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Fuck....it'd be like that scene in Dragon Ball Z where Goku and Vegetta are fighting and all they do for nearly a full minute is punch fists against fists and kick feet against feet.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
If i was fighting myself it would probably come down to whoever can put the other in a head/arm lock first

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I'm legging it, I'm just as fast as me so the distance between us won't be closed and I also have the advantage of him having to react to whatever I do.
Eventually I will get away due to the natural disadvantage of being the pursuer.

We'll both be going for our objectives over all though, so even if I stay I doubt that it would turn brawl.
I'd just find a way to take the wallet and I'd just protect the wallet untill I got it.

archaicmalevolence

Jul 16, 2010
My other self would probably beat me up badly, if he had the guts to try and mug someone he'd definitely have something planned I couldn't handle, sly guy,

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Either this is turning into a Blazblue infinite loop of stealing my own wallet because I'm stealing my own wallet or I'm going to pause, think about it, and take over the world again.

Evilpigeon

Feb 24, 2011
"Hold up old chap, let's talk this out then I'll give you the money. Much quicker than fighting eh?"

Being me he'd see the logic in this, calm down and rationally explain how there came to be two of me, whilst I listened attentively before pretending to reach for my wallet, kicking him in the nuts and scarpering. This would probably work, I'm way too trusting for my own good.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
I'd kick myself in the balls and run. And I mean myself like that guy myself, not myself. I wouldn't kick MYSELF in the balls, I'd kick MYSEEEEELF in the balls. You see? Not myself--myself. I don't see that poll option.

WorriedSandwich

Nov 23, 2011
Considering we are both equally fit (not incredibly much), I could just run away and he'll never catch up. In fact, his beard will only slow him down.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Right, well... I'm a very defensive fighter, so we'll probably just square off for ages.
Except I'll realise that that could last forever and won't get us anywhere, so I'll immediately just attack as hard as I can, except he'll have realised it too and had the same idea, so I'll just...
Yeah, you know what, whichever way I look at it I can't see present!myself winning. The other one presumably has the advantage of already having lived it so he knows what I do and how to counter it - even if he doesn't we're gonna have the exact same ideas, and we're both the kind of people who will absolutely believe that there's no way we can lose, and he probably has slightly more skill than me due to being older (unless he has less because he's got out of shape since he was me) so I think the best option is to invite him for brunch.