Poll: Cats or Dogs

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Hi new guy, welcome to the Escapist! :D

Also, stay out of the basement, and don't listen to anyone that says otherwise.

Anyways, dog are way more awesome than cats because when was the last time a cat came and greeted you at the door?

Never, that's when.

EDIT: The people that are quoting me to tell me that their cat greets them at the door; I have this to say.

Sounds to me like your cat doesn't like being a cat and wants to be a dog instead since they're way more awesome. :D

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
Cats cats cats cats cats. Cuz they is awesome.

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Never, that's when.
False. Mine do all the time.

I dunno why I really like them, but I find them extremely endearing and good company when you're lonely. And they're cute. I mean, come on, they're all over the internet for a reason :)!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I love cats. Always have, always will. But I have been spending a lot more time around dogs recently thanks to my girlfriend, particulary ones of the bigger types her family and friends seem to favour, so my opinion on dogs has definitely gone from "Ack, no" to "the right dog can be pretty cool."

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Dogs are stupid, loud, and smelly.

Cats are smart, quiet, and can clean themselves.

I've owned many cats, and they have all been loving and affectionate, but also content to do their own thing if you're busy. Conversely, I am currently taking care of my brother's dog while he is out of town, and the stupid thing constantly tries to bite my feet, will not leave me alone, and will whine for hours if you gate him in the kitchen and try to ignore him. I've never understood animal cruelty, but I seriously think I could bludgeon this stupid dog to death and not feel a thing, except maybe joy at finally having some peace.

I may have covered this, but I hate dogs.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I don't like either, they are both smelly and disgusting, dogs can be useful so I guess dogs, we also share our hatred of cats, it's kind off an irrational thing but if there's a cat nearby I have to scare it off, no particular reason though, I just hate them.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Welcome to the Escapist. Actually a thread going on now welcoming new members, you should check it out!

I'm a cat person myself. I love my dogs but they can be a hassle and annoying as all hell sometimes. My cat just chills here while I'm on the computer :)

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Raccoons!

I have my likes and hates of both. Much more looks for dogs and behavior in cats, but both are still important in the other.
I like Huskey's so I'll chose (Raccoons) dogs!

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Dogs, they're loyal. Cats are too self-centered. Besides, dogs will scare away an intruder, a cat just won't give a crap.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Cats. Dogs are so high-maintenance. You can't just leave them alone for a while, you've got to walk them regardless of the weather, bathe them regularly because they stink to high heaven. They make lots of noise and require a lot of attention. Having a dog is like having a two-year-old that never stops being as needy as a two-year-old.

Cats, on the other hand, don't smell except under extreme circumstances, all you have to do is clean the litterbox, don't require constant attention, and make much less noise (and what noises they make are much quieter than a bark).

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
You will never make me choose! Never!

*mentally plans her future with an equal amount of cats and dogs in the same home*

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Hello new guy, and welcome to the Escapist.

Stay away from Religion and Politics, for your own safety.

And cats. Because adorable evil.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Anyways, dog are way more awesome than cats because when was the last time a cat came and greeted you at the door?

Never, that's when.
A few hours ago when I returned home actually. If you love and give attention to cats they are nice and loyal.

Cats all the way, I'm a lazy person so dogs are too high maintenance not to mention noisy and smelly. Cats can play fetch in the house and snuggle with you while you play videogames. Not to mention they're not retarded and don't bother people who hate their guts and know where they live.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
TehCookie said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Never, that's when.
A few hours ago when I returned home actually. If you love and give attention to cats they are nice and loyal.

Cats all the way, I'm a lazy person so dogs are too high maintenance not to mention noisy and smelly. Cats can play fetch in the house and snuggle with you while you play videogames. Not to mention they're not retarded and don't bother people who hate their guts and know where they live.
Most cats I've met are jerks.

And I must have the chillest dog ever because he doesn't bother anyone and hardly ever barks. I'd like to think pets in general are high maintenance, and besides, walks are pretty calming. :D

Arpeggi

Sep 17, 2012
Cats. Because they give the least fucks ever.

Seriously though, their barely hidden contempt for humankind is just so cute. One day the cats are gonna rise up, and take their deserved place atop the food chain.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Colin Murray said:
Pets are a sin against god
huh?

Anyway, I like small dogs better then big dogs, because dogs are idiots and smallmidiots are better. I like small dogs and all cats.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
welcome to the site. i assume you were giving the warning about the RP, R&P, and basement if thats still customary.

anyway, I like dogs. cats dont seem to get al ong with me and despite what any cat person says, a dog isnt that bad. they're not all smelly if you actually clean them (I know, god forbid you do some work for your pet), loudness can be trained, and ive seen equally dumb cats as I have dogs. the best thing about a dog though is (in my experience) they dont have whatever attitude problem that cats have that make them think they own the plac.e