Poll: Cats or Dogs

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
KITTY-CATS!!!

I freaking love cats, they are so cute and cuddly. Dogs are okay but they're too icky and you have to walk them and they're sooo needy.

Also, welcome to the escapist. Enjoy your stay.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
As much as I always had cats and dogs. Recently got my own English Bulldog and I love him!

Albert Stanley Tanner

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Cats. Clean, cute, playful, cuddly, friendly, smart, funny, awesome. Also, they are the future masters of the world.

I for one welcome the new feline overlords.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Anyways, dog are way more awesome than cats because when was the last time a cat came and greeted you at the door?

Never, that's when.
My cat used to follow me down the street to the corner whenever I left home on foot, and would be waiting down the street for me when I came back from school everyday - then follow me inside, straight into my room. He was awesome.

So yeah, cats.

John the Gamer said:
But dogs don't have a litter box that needs cleaning every day or so.
Only if you never let them outside.
Then they will go crap in a neighbor's yard, and always in the same place. They are smart enough to not crap in their own territory, and also smart enough to use the same spot (unlike dogs, which drop them all over the place like land mines).

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Tztztz.. You've to combine those buggers to achieve true greatness.
Get a dog and a cat and hillarious stuff will ensue.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Adeptus Aspartem said:
Tztztz.. You've to combine those buggers to achieve true greatness.
Get a dog and a cat and hillarious stuff will ensue.
Nothing could be any more tragic.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
Cats because they are clean, cuddly and they do genuinely like you if you get the right ones.

Anyone who says that cat's don't like their owners or that they never have a good personality have never tried getting a GOOD cat and in my experience getting a GOOD cat means getting one that's a little crazier than the other cats.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Dogs disgust me. Cats are adorable, logical, clean and pleasantly self-interested, whereas dogs are ugly, overemotional and messy. Cats are the obvious superior of dogs in every way.

Reginald the Butler

Mar 29, 2012
Dogs. Without a doubt, dogs. I don't see where all there generalizations that dogs are smelly and need to be constantly walked, are coming from. If anything, it's those cats that are smelly. My friend has a few cats, and what do the little bastards do? Vomit everywhere, even on my shoes (it's like they want me to hate them).

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Dogs all the way. You can go on fantastic adventures with dogs. Cats just bugger off on their own little murder sprees. Just look at this boss here:

[sub]Draw me like one of your French Girls[/sub]​

What a champ. I bet he teams up with his owner and they drive around the countryside solving mysteries.

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
Both dogs and cats are great, preference is based on the person you ask. :p
Will be different for everyone for different reasons as well.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I feel like your best cat is going to be a better pet than your best dogs, but those cats are kinda rare. Your average dog is going to be leaps and bounds better than your average cat, so in playing odds, dogs are better.

So I choose dogs, because corgis.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Cats. My cat waits for me on the front wall. My cat greets me in the morning when I come downstairs. My cat scares away the neighbours dog like a boss.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Dogs I mean they don't just have the "Man's best friend" title for nothing. They earned that title. While the cats where too busy licking themselves and sleeping, the dogs where where right by our sides helping us hunt, herd things or help blind people cross the street. And what do these faithful creatures ask in return for their loyalty? Nothing more than a pat on the head, some table scraps and occasionally being allowed to sleep at the foot of the bed.
To be fair, in the past humanity has seen the use of cats to protect food stores from vermin, (though for some reason my house actually has more mice since I've had cats). And if people hadn't of been so stupid as to associate cats with witchcraft and exterminated a shit ton of them, the Black Death wouldn't of been such a big deal as those cats would of taken care of the rats that carried the fleas that carried the plague who suddenly found themselves without any natural predator.

No wonder cats hate us, they know they are smarter than us.

On the subject of which is better, I'm going to have to sit on the line. I have 3 cats, all very affectionate, will greet me at the door and I have had 2 tortoiseshell cats that have both enjoyed going on short walks with the dog. I wouldn't say my cats are especially smart, they are forever falling off of stuff, for example my cats will lay on the edge of my bed and then roll over and off the edge.

My dog on the other hand, I have yet to decide whether he is the smartest or dumbest animal I've ever met. But he has never left an evicerated rat for me to stand on first thing in morning. And has on more than once scared away intruders. If only he could get over the dog cliche of hating postmen. Seriously, I can be out walking him and be nowhere near my house and he will just stop and bark at them for no reason.

Rastelin said:

Murder, Murder, MURDER... CUDDLE...
Also, I laughed so hard at that.