Poll: CoD: WaW. Its got major issues.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Don't get me wrong, I'm getting the game for Christmas, and I know this is going to go against my previous statement, but I WANT to like this game, and I look forward to playing the multiplayer.
Personally I guess it'd be a decent birthday or Christmas present, but I wouldn't spend $50 on it. With so many great new titles out, such as Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 (which isn't that great, but is ok and definatly worth the 50 bucks I paid for it).

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
TylerC said:
Slayer_2 said:
Anyone who thinks CoD4 and CoD: WaW aren't alike is a complete retard. It uses the exact same engine, recycled HUD's, attachments, gameplay elements. The whole game feels like a CoD4 mod, the only changes being graphical and the addition of vehicles (which are the most annoying things ever, I'll never whine about CoD4's lack of vehicles EVER again). CoD: WaW = biggest waste of $50 ever. This is all a big money grab from Treyarch and unfortunately, Infinity Ward as well.
My thought exactly. CoD5 is a new coat of paint for CoD4, that was also dumbed down, and made worse in some fluke, so essentially a mod. No offense to Treyarch, but stop making games. I don't remember ever liking a game from that company, and I most likely ever will. If you're making a sequel (even if it's not a true sequel to MW) you need to improve on things within the game, and I really don't think they did that. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting the game for Christmas, and I know this is going to go against my previous statement, but I WANT to like this game, and I look forward to playing the multiplayer.

I still enjoy the CoD4 multiplayer, just wish there were more maps.
I'll just reply to this post since it has some parts in it that I agree with.

Treyarch should just go back to making CoD expansions. They did so for CoD1 and it was an actual improvement since they could build on the original story and focus on adding new things.(IIRC CoD:UO was as long as CoD was and was more fun to play)

Fatalis67

Apr 30, 2008
Bling Cat said:
Also, and I know this will seem nitpicky, but I see one fact above all others that outlines that Treyarch were essentialy trying to make CoD4 in a World War 2 setting: Silencers wern't invented until Vietnam. I have no idea why they're being handed out to soldiers in WW2...
Quote from Wikipedia: "Early suppressors were created around the beginning of the 20th century by several inventors. American inventor Hiram Maxim is credited with inventing and selling the first commercially successful models circa 1902."

House25

Dec 3, 2008
I can't help but, agree. Sure, Microsoft is rolling in enough dough to buy switzerland by 2010, but with the way PS3 is growing and 360 is charging gamers money, there may be a power shift in the game market, but this is getting very tangental, and i'm just digressing.
Anywho... I've been a long time fan of CoD, and I never liked the Treyarch label. i almost shunned WaW for a demon spawn that the past company sneaked into the system, but honestly, i liked CoD2 for 360 much more than this installment. Its like playing the first CoD on PS2 all over again. nuf said.

House25

Dec 3, 2008
Tattaglia said:
Eggo said:
RIOT MAST3R said:
It isnt the worst shooter on Xbox Live.
I'm so glad I'm playing multiplayer first person shooters on PC; I can't even begin to imagine what sort of handicapped experience you must go through for a game you paid an extra $10 on.

Ouch.
Mmmmm... PSN. Delicious, delicious free multiplayer. Let us bask in our glorious freebies.

I can't help but, agree. Sure, Microsoft is rolling in enough dough to buy switzerland by 2010, but with the way PS3 is growing and 360 is charging gamers money, there may be a power shift in the game market, but this is getting very tangental, and i'm just digressing.
Anywho... I've been a long time fan of CoD, and I never liked the Treyarch label. i almost shunned WaW for a demon spawn that the past company sneaked into the system, but honestly, i liked CoD2 for 360 much more than this installment. Its like playing the first CoD on PS2 all over again. nuf said.

House25

Dec 3, 2008
Tattaglia said:
I like CoD: WaW better. Reminds me of my Return to Castle Wolfenstein days of which I am so fond of.
Yea, i played it too, and it was great, but the only problem, Treyarch was trying to make CoD 4.5 and the developers ending up making a game from over a decade ago.
Kudos Treyarch.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Eggo said:
RIOT MAST3R said:
It isnt the worst shooter on Xbox Live.
I'm so glad I'm playing multiplayer first person shooters on PC; I can't even begin to imagine what sort of handicapped experience you must go through for a game you paid an extra $10 on.

Ouch.
Lol, i agree, but Eggo, every time you post something you get put on probation or banned, your nuts man! could almost say you may be the Liam Gallhager of the forums, you just don't give a shit.

House25

Dec 3, 2008
TylerC said:
Slayer_2 said:
Anyone who thinks CoD4 and CoD: WaW aren't alike is a complete retard. It uses the exact same engine, recycled HUD's, attachments, gameplay elements. The whole game feels like a CoD4 mod, the only changes being graphical and the addition of vehicles (which are the most annoying things ever, I'll never whine about CoD4's lack of vehicles EVER again). CoD: WaW = biggest waste of $50 ever. This is all a big money grab from Treyarch and unfortunately, Infinity Ward as well.
My thought exactly. CoD5 is a new coat of paint for CoD4, that was also dumbed down, and made worse in some fluke, so essentially a mod. No offense to Treyarch, but stop making games. I don't remember ever liking a game from that company, and I most likely ever will. If you're making a sequel (even if it's not a true sequel to MW) you need to improve on things within the game, and I really don't think they did that. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting the game for Christmas, and I know this is going to go against my previous statement, but I WANT to like this game, and I look forward to playing the multiplayer.

I still enjoy the CoD4 multiplayer, just wish there were more maps.
I understand that this really apply to this "X vs. Y" discussion, but i really would love some new maps for CoD4 broadcast was a great addition, along with killhouse,but i was wondering about new maps anytime in the future?

Portoparty

Feb 27, 2008
x434343 said:
RIOT MAST3R said:
Tattaglia said:
You didn't even compare review the campaign. What the bloody hell? And I guess Nazi Zombies doesn't count for anything. Or the Cooperative play. Nice job.
Im talking MULTIPLAYER ONLY! THE CAMPAIGN MAKES NO FRIGGIN DIFFERENCE! The issues are in multiplayer, not campaign.

Its not hard to make a better campaign than CoD4's 6hour thingy-to-play-when-the-internets-are-out campaign. And Nazi zombies is stolen from GEARS 2! Anyone played a little something called HORDE MODE lately? Cod WAW is an expansion pack to Cod3 at best. Not a full game. To anyone who enjoys it, your welcome to it. Im gonna go kill some people with my Desert Eagle, while you fiddle with your 3.57 mags and flame throwers.

Oh yeah.......... BUG OFF YOU PC JERKS! Im in college and cant afford a new computer and CoD4 never came out for MAC. So when I can I play the Xbox 360 I got for my birthday a while back. If you are willing to buy me a new laptop I will gladly become a PC gamer. Until then, BUG OFF!
[joke] Sell the Mac, buy a PC. Problem solved.[/jokeend]
why are you joking?

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Portoparty said:
x434343 said:
RIOT MAST3R said:
Tattaglia said:
You didn't even compare review the campaign. What the bloody hell? And I guess Nazi Zombies doesn't count for anything. Or the Cooperative play. Nice job.
Im talking MULTIPLAYER ONLY! THE CAMPAIGN MAKES NO FRIGGIN DIFFERENCE! The issues are in multiplayer, not campaign.

Its not hard to make a better campaign than CoD4's 6hour thingy-to-play-when-the-internets-are-out campaign. And Nazi zombies is stolen from GEARS 2! Anyone played a little something called HORDE MODE lately? Cod WAW is an expansion pack to Cod3 at best. Not a full game. To anyone who enjoys it, your welcome to it. Im gonna go kill some people with my Desert Eagle, while you fiddle with your 3.57 mags and flame throwers.

Oh yeah.......... BUG OFF YOU PC JERKS! Im in college and cant afford a new computer and CoD4 never came out for MAC. So when I can I play the Xbox 360 I got for my birthday a while back. If you are willing to buy me a new laptop I will gladly become a PC gamer. Until then, BUG OFF!
[joke] Sell the Mac, buy a PC. Problem solved.[/jokeend]
why are you joking?
He could be going for an art degree, which makes the Mac "100% necessary".

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Wicky_42 said:
Mercanary57 said:
Eggo said:
You're still paying an extra $10 on your games though ;)
Although I do admit that PC players are usually superior to us lowly console players, we at the very least don't have to pay for costly systems that die out in 1 or 2 years.
Actually, given the poor track record of the latest generation of consoles, my PC wins there too. My old one lasted 5 years, this one eats everything for breakfast, and I dont see the need to upgrade for a few years to come. Consoles last, what, 6 months if you get a bad model? lol :p my old xbox is on its last legs, but my old pc is still going strong and is older, so no, pcs have much more survivability than a console.

Plus, better hardware = better graphics :)
Nice one. I didn't realize that.

VicunaBlue

Feb 8, 2009
RIOT MAST3R said:
Tattaglia said:

Yes it did.