Poll: Dark, milk or white?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
At work there seems to be a lot of people that really like dark chocolate. I prefer milk chocolate so if I take in milk chocolate Hob Nobs (the best biscuit for dunking in tea) there are always some people that moan and say they prefer the dark chocolate ones. White chocolate rarely makes an appearance in any form.

So, just out of curiosity, I thought I'd ask what the people of The Escapist prefer; dark, milk or white chocolate.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Milk chocolate, with dark as a close second.

I don't have a huge sweet tooth though so I don't eat chocolate that regularly.
I just get occasional craving where I'll eat a massive chocolate bar, feel ill and not touch it again for a while.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Milk.

White chocolate isn't even real chocolate. Dark is okay, I guess, but nothing beats that soft, creamy sensation of milk chocolate.

By the way, anybody else found it weird as a kid that milk is white, but white chocolate isn't milk?

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I'm going with milk chocolate. This is primarily because Milka Hazelnut is my favorite chocolate bar. Other than that, it is normally a major competition between milk and white and it can change from brand to brand, but I will say that milk does tend to be better. Dark chocolate requires me to acquire a taste, but that may take a little bit and it is very easy for me to lose that acquired taste once I start eating milk or white again.

Qwurty2.0

Apr 21, 2011
I recently discovered milk chocolate, and I love it. Dark chocolate would come right after, but I prefer the creaminess of milk chocolate.

Don't agree with me? The power of chocolate compels you!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Confession time... I hate chocolate guys.

So none of the above.

Give me jerkey or a soda over candy any day.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Don't really matter that much. If I had to rank them, dark would be first and milk the second, but since I just ate a 400 g white toblerone in 2 days, I'd say white chucklit goes as well.

Chocolate is really my great weakness. I really wish I could stop eating it, but it's just too good :(

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Dark chocolate all the way!

I find milk and white chocolate all too common while dark is abit rarer thus more sweeter when eating it. I mean most chocolate bars are mostly milk.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I prefer dark chocolate as I tend to find milk chocolate a bit too sweet for my liking. I am not too enamored with sweet things, I would probably choose a packet of Dorito's or pretzels over chocolate if given a choice.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Dark chocolate with chilli is the best thing ever. If you havent tried it then buy some (most supermarkets stock it) it will blow your mind

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Dark chocolate. When I was a kid I liked white, then when I was a teen I liked Milk, now I like Dark the best and white the least.

The more cocoa the better.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I WANT CHOCOLATE DAMMIT. ANY!

As for a serious answer, I prefer some milk chocolate myself. But as I said earlier, I like chocolate, and I make no exceptions when it comes to chocolate.

Victim of Progress

Jul 11, 2011
I absolutely love milk chocolate. Can't stand dark chocolate, though. It tastes too bitter. White chocolate is alright, especially if mixed with milk chocolate!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I prefer milk chocolate, I'm not sure why I dislike dark so much. Is it that it's bitter? Something like that.

I thought this would be about something else, using the chocolate types as a pun or something. Bravo for defeating my expectations.

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
White chocolate and only white chocolate, back when I could even have candy -- I'm one of those heathens that thinks most chocolate tastes awful. I can't physically tolerate sugar anymore, so, it's rather moot now anyway.

Though weirdly enough, I only liked some takes on white chocolate; some versions tasted just like milk chocolate to me, ie., horrible, while others were yummy. I've always wondered why that was.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I go with any, but I definitely prefer dark. Lower-cal and sweet enough to be tasty, not so sweet as to make me sick after an ounce.

Unless peanut butter is involved. Then milk all the way.

Casual Shinji said:
White chocolate isn't even real chocolate.
Oh, yeah, I read that somewhere. Isn't it supposed to be all the stuff they add to make milk chocolate, but without the actual cacao?

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Give me jerkey or a soda over candy any day.
Chocolate isn't even candy...damn you 'Muricans.

I'd go for milk, but I'm not really a chocolate on its own kind of person. I like it with nuts. Hazelnuts to be exact.

Lol, the Olympic logo from back then looks like somebody gettin' it from behind. Hyuk hyuk.

Dark is too strong for me, and white is just chalky.

But ye, similar to Toad, I'm not even that in to chocolate. I'm more of a fan of salty tastes. Especially when had alongside a soft drink of sorts. I enjoy Dr. Pepper.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
milk for straight up eating , dark, very dark for an ingredient be it cakes or chillies.

chocolate hob nobs are better undunked i think , call me a peasant but you cant beat a rich tea or a nice for a dunk!