Poll: Dark, milk or white?

Synthetica

Jul 10, 2013
Milk. Or dark. Or white. I don't care, really, as long as the dark chocolate is not too dark and bitter (for example: I really don't like Tony chocolonely dark for example.

(Oh god, captcha, you are awesome. "Describe this brand with any words: [some random airline]" "Whee!" "Hmmkay")

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Darker shades of milk chocolate?

I mean, I love pretty much all chocolate (and sweet things in general) but I wouldn't want to just eat a bar of Green & Blacks 70%. At the same time standard cadbury milk is not quite chocolatey enough.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
I go with any, but I definitely prefer dark. Lower-cal and sweet enough to be tasty, not so sweet as to make me sick after an ounce.

Unless peanut butter is involved. Then milk all the way.

Casual Shinji said:
White chocolate isn't even real chocolate.
Oh, yeah, I read that somewhere. Isn't it supposed to be all the stuff they add to make milk chocolate, but without the actual cacao?
Cacao butter is the main ingredient in it.

OT: Honestly it's hard to say. Too dark isn't good when it's about 90% it's just too bitter, but I do love it at about 70%. Because I'm not sure where you draw the line I voted milk chocolate, but I rarely eat chocolate, I usually use it for baking or to make cocoa and then I would never EVER EVVVVVVEEEEEER use milk chocolate, but rather 70% cocoa chocolate. If 70% is dark, then count me in for dark.

Edit: Looked it up, apparently 35% is dark.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Oh, definitely good quality milk chocolate, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't adore white chocolate as an occasional treat!

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
How did you forget the Milky Bar (The Milky Bar Kid)?? Ok the same goes with Bournville Dark Chocolate bar and honestly white and dark chocolate tend to be sold as alternative variety to the main chocolate bar (e.g. Kit Kat) but I still view dark chocolate bar as a seperate brand to be more expensive compared to the other two types.
Milky Bar always seems to be sold in very small portions compared to other bars, always so thin, also I don't think I've seen them around much lately either. Then again I haven't really gone out of my way to buy chocolate for many years now.

It is certainly true that dark chocolate tends to be marketed as the more expensive option.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Qwurty2.0 said:
I recently discovered milk chocolate, and I love it. Dark chocolate would come right after, but I prefer the creaminess of milk chocolate.

Don't agree with me? The power of chocolate compels you!

That looks amazing, I want it now!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Specifically because white chocolate tastes rather unusual do I like it a lot. I also enjoy milk chocolate, but of the three white chocolate is probably my favourite.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I love me some milk chocolate, specifically Cudbury's. I find dark chocolate to be too bitter, but I don't dislike it, and white just tastes like butts. Milk is just by far my favourite.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
White chocolate is absolutely heavenly-and what I voted for as the poll asks which we prefer.
Unfortunately, I can only eat dark chocolate.

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
Dark chocolate in all potential circumstances.

Milk chocolate is too sweet and lacks any of the subtleties of dark chocolate, though it's passable if there's nothing else.

White chocolate isn't chocolate. I don't care that it uses cocoa butter, or cacao fat, however, you phrase it. It isn't chocolate. It's sweetened sweetness with a side of sweet.

Also, once you actually go dark, you won't ever go back.

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
To "professional" chocolate afficionados, saying that you like white chocolate is equivalent to heresy, since it doesn't contain cocoa butter, and is therefore not "real" chocolate.

Nonetheless, I actually enjoy it more than "real" chocolate, so brand me a heretic I guess.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
eatenbyagrue said:
To "professional" chocolate afficionados, saying that you like white chocolate is equivalent to heresy, since it doesn't contain cocoa butter, and is therefore not "real" chocolate.

Nonetheless, I actually enjoy it more than "real" chocolate, so brand me a heretic I guess.
Actually, it's nothing BUT cocoa butter. It's certainly real chocolate, in exactly the same way that butter is dairy.

So enjoy it as much as you like. Let's piss off the naysayers.

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
lacktheknack said:
eatenbyagrue said:

Actually, it's nothing BUT cocoa butter. It's certainly real chocolate, in exactly the same way that butter is dairy.

So enjoy it as much as you like. Let's piss off the naysayers.
Good sir, I offer you the highest of fives that I can offer through the internet.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Edible Chocolate.

Chocolate is chocolate.

Even though most kinds of chocolate that are considered "normal" aren't actually chocolate at all.

Just as long as it hasn't got any raisins in it. Who the fuck wants healthy food in their snacks?