Poll: Deciding between 3 very different games

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
So my birthday is coming up and I'm faced with the task of narrowing down all the stuff I want into an affordable number of items.

Problem is, there's 3 games I really find myself wanting and for the life of me I can't figure out which one to get. With the mass of DVDs I'm getting, I can only really get one of them.

The games are Serious Sam: Gold Edition (HD remakes of the 1st and 2nd Encounters), Crysis 2 and Mortal Kombat.

They're all pretty different (kind of) and I really want all of them equally, but I just don't know which one to go with.

Which one of these games is the best one?

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
I would say Mortal Kombat, but that's because I've always been a fan of the series. It never required as much skill to play well as street fighter so was much funner to play with friends. Crysis 2 and Serious Sam don't appear to be overally different to their predecssors, so you could always pick them up cheaper if you still wanted a FPS later.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Definitely not MK, unless you already have a group of friends that are into that sort of thing.

Crysis 2 is a pretty good game. Nice gameplay, well-polished, decently long for an FPS.

Haven't played Serious Sam.

Gonna go with what I know, so Crysis 2

SplashyAxis

May 1, 2010
Well I haven't played Serious Sam or MK, but I can say that Crysis 2 is very, very good. It has a decent length (10, maybe 12 hours) and some spectacular set-pieces, not to mention it looks gorgeous. The multiplayer is good too, it's different enough from other first-person shooters for you to put a solid amount of time into it.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I'm not a fan of Serious Sam, but I do own the other two games. I really liked Crysis 2, but for longevity and sheer fun-factor, I'd have to go with Mortal Kombat.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Serious sam will keep you occupied the longest unless your really into head to head fighters in which case go with mortal kombat. i'd skip Crysis 2 for now.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
Dude, Serious Sam HD is one of the daily deals on Steam today. You can get it for 8 dollars today.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Steam is doing a huge sale if you want to go take a peek at what they have, I just picked up all the DLC for Magicka and the soundtrack edition of Frozen Synapse for $25, perhaps they'll have a sale on these games that you want? Unless of course you're specifically on console then. Well.

Serious Sam, old school fast paced shooter, Crysis 2, new school slower paced shooter, Mortal kombat, middle school intense paced shooter. (lol)

If you have friends to play with you then perhaps MK would be more enjoyable.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
I've only played Crysis out of those three, so I can't really help you there. However, since Crysis was the only one of those three games that I wanted before I got it, that's the one I'm gonna go for.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Serious Sam is $8 on Steam right now. Buy it there and ask for something more expensive.

Of the remaining two, I'd personally go for Crysis 2, but that's probably just because I don't "get" fighting games.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Stall said:
Dude, Serious Sam HD is one of the daily deals on Steam today. You can get it for 8 dollars today.
snowfox said:
Steam is doing a huge sale if you want to go take a peek at what they have.
omicron1 said:
Serious Sam is $8 on Steam right now.
Should have clarified, I'm working on a 360 here. Don't have the luxury of a PC that can run these kind of games.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Well, out of the three, Crysis 2 is the one that's going to take the longest to go down in price, as it's the most moddable (PC anyway) of the three and the one that will have the most robust multiplayer. Serious Sam has a new game coming out soon, so look for the prices of the HD editions to drop very soon.

Plus, Crysis 2 is a fun and beautiful game.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
Stall said:
snowfox said:
Steam is doing a huge sale if you want to go take a peek at what they have.
omicron1 said:
Serious Sam is $8 on Steam right now.
Should have clarified, I'm working on a 360 here. Don't have the luxury of a PC that can run these kind of games.
RAWR! You inferior gamer! No have big shiny desktop to play high definition games on! 8D

It's cool, (inb4 some one takes that seriously)Really is a tough decision though. I'm a little bit biased against modern day shooters so by default I'm not willing to suggest crysis 2 despite it probably being something you would enjoy.

As I said before, if you have friends that like to play games then MK might be your best bet. Lots of fun to be had there, even if that's not the case then serious sam or MK would be my suggestions.