Poll: Did you enjoy Dishonored?

Skylare

Dec 29, 2011
Hello,

So i recently purchased Dishonored on Amazon for $30 new(should be getting it on Thursday). I have heard great things about it, but i want to know what this community thinks about it!

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
I enjoyed the game quite a lot.

The stealth is fun, using your powers to silently take out everyone.

But the combat when you get spotted is also quite entertaining as well.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
One of my perennial favourites. I liked it a whole, whole lot. And I seem to be in the minority. Ho hum.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
I enjoyed it quite immensely. Gameplay was good, but I found the world fascinating. I hope the make more games set in the universe.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Isn't it a bit late to be asking if you've already bought the game? But yeah, loved Dishonored. Probably one of my favourite games released in recent years even and while it's got its fair share of problems the good far outweighs the bad in my mind.

Really looking forward to seeing the world and setting explored in future dlc and sequels later as well. As a franchise Dishonored has real potential to become something truly amazing!

Skylare

Dec 29, 2011
The Madman said:
Isn't it a bit late to be asking if you've already bought the game?
Haha i get your point! Just wanted to make sure i made a good purchase :) since the reply's already i think i have.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I honestly never got too far in the game due to boredom.

I can usually take empty, lifeless, puppet-like NPCs in Bethesda's open-world RPGs, but in a more straight forward narrative driven game it's kind of a death sentence. Shame, because the gameplay was pretty cool, and the setting was delectable.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I enjoyed it.
The stealth was pretty fun as well as finding different ways to get in and "take out" your target.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
I thought it was pretty sweet. One of my favorite parts is that I found you can definitely use your brain in combat. Playing it without thinking outside the box and going full sneaky or full explosion bang stab is still great fun, but once you get the right powers and find out how to use them the way you want to, you can really get the fullest out of what the gameplay has to offer.

Also, after tons of run-throughs of different missions, I'm still finding out new ways to deal with the targets.

Mar 12, 2013
While playing Dishonored, I got the feeling I get from playing BioShock 1 from back in the day. Just love the story and art direction. Sure, it has it's own problems, but I really enjoyed it as a complete package.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I rather liked it, but it felt quite short.
There is indeed multiple ways to complete missions (some that you might not expect), but it leads to three endings depending on how bad of a dude you were with certain variables not making much of a diddly aside from higher chaos leading to subsequent missions being harder.

But with that said, I enjoyed it for what it was.
It even gave off a Bioshock vibe, in my opinion. More so than even Infinite did...

Silly Hats

Dec 26, 2012
I loved it, beat it about 4-5 times.

I didn't rely heavily on magic and kept knocking out/killing as minimal as minimal as possible.

FourCartridge

Dec 27, 2012
The underwhelming story and characters didn't stop me from finishing it/giving it another go at the Redbox rental. Dunwall is one of my favorite settings in gaming though. $30 well spent. =P

As for spells, I mostly used Blink & Bend Time(Low Chaos run-though).

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I liked it. Dunwhall had one of the biggest livliness to it of any other city in any game, and Dunwhall was a pretty dead town. The swordfights were phenomenally fun but I wish they weren't over in two slashes.

I didn't like the huge focus on stealth. I don't think any sort of stealth is fun. In the end I simply didn't like focus on stealth and stopped after the second area.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
I really enjoyed it up until Steam cloud fucked up and deleted my save, lost interest in it after that but still on all accounts it was a really fun game.

Weak story and voice acting but mechanically it was pretty strong, really hope they get a sequel so we can see more.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I'm on the fence about Dishonoured. It's got a lot going for it, but it takes quite a few missteps. It's exceedingly easy, it's short, the story is boring and predictable with no effort made whatsoever to create a connection between the player and world, the art style makes everything look a bit muddy and Blink breaks all possible tension and balance out of the gameplay.
It has it's moments though, and it's pretty fun to play. Hopefully when they make the inevitable sequel they'll do a better job with the story, because the world they built is pretty good.

Skorm034

Mar 12, 2012
I loved it, every minute of it. Also Honor For All... Oh my god, that was the first time I have EVER wanted to go through the credits. Love that song.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
My biggest problem was the good/bad system. I am always good in games but I'm not the best at stealth games... So I always ended up always killing everyone because I tried sneaking and failed.