Poll: Did You Kill Paarthurnax?

TheYellowManalishi

Jul 16, 2013
Not a chance. Paarthurnax was pretty much the only character in the came that I liked and even remotely cared about. Besides, I thought the Blades were supposed to serve the Dragonborn, not the other way around.

Now if there was an option to shout Delphine off the Throat of the World like in FO:NV where you could throw General Oliver off the dam, that I would like.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
I found him to be insanely annoying. Every dialogue that he had to say twice because of dragon language and cliche.
How could you not kill him?

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
Screw blades.
I wanted to kill THEM in the name of Paarthurnax.

I kind of wish they made all factions destroyable like the Dark Brotherhood (which i actually do, all the time. I'm not a big fan of assassins)

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
No, absolutely not. Without Paarthurnax, I wouldn't have mastered the Fire Breath Shout (by the time I get to him, I already know the first two words). Nor would I have learned anything about the Elder Scrolls. What did the Blades do for me? They opened Sky Haven Temple (with my blood), where I found Dragonbane, a sword that's only good against dragons. And, for that, they want me to kill one of the few good dragons? Yeah, I'll just put that on my To Don't list.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Cecilo said:
But.. he won't. He follows the voice. The central tenant of that belief is that he won't use his voice for anything other than the praising of the gods or teaching of a dragonborn since a dragonborn is a gift from the gods. He and the Greybeards just sit on a mountain. They have nothing to do with the Empire.
That is what he says.

But Parthunaax's name means Ambition Overlord Cruelty in the dragon language.

Is he really nice? or just pulling off a very long con?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Hells no!

The Blades were just a bunch of needy bastards that wouldn't leave me alone about it and too chicken shit to do it themselves, and Paarthurnax was just awesome every time I talked to him.

Why would I kill an awesome dude?
Thank you for taking my reason as well. When the Blades approached me trying to persuade me I kept on defend Paarthurnax hoping there would be a way to change their minds like how there are options like that in the Fallout games. No such like I'm afraid, so the Blades now just sit in their dark, abandoned fort wondering when I'll be back to "help them." I'm hoping they rot first since I can't kill them because I have the 360 version of Skyrim.

Asmundr

Mar 17, 2010
No. Because he posed one of the greatest philosophical arguments/questions I have ever heard. As a student of philosophy I cannot kill those that make me questions the fundamentals of the world unless they are truly a threat to it.

"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
―Paarthurnax

The Blades forgot their duty in lieu of old hates, never overcoming their nature and it blinds them to potential allies. Also, to kill and hate someone simply because they belong to a race that had done horrific acts also hits a little to close to home.