Poll: Did you make your own icon?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Nope, I found it on google images, and then Marter fixed it up for me. Thanks again, Marter.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Squilookle said:
Betancore said:
Squilookle said:
I did, yes. I'd love to know why it doesn't move though...
It might be because you saved it as a JPG. JPG files don't...move. You'll need to save it as a GIF if you want it to be animated.
That's just the thing- it is a GIF. It animates elsewhere- just not here for some reason?
Marter's good with this kind of stuff, ask him. He fixed mine up for me.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Squilookle said:
Betancore said:
Squilookle said:
I did, yes. I'd love to know why it doesn't move though...
It might be because you saved it as a JPG. JPG files don't...move. You'll need to save it as a GIF if you want it to be animated.
That's just the thing- it is a GIF. It animates elsewhere- just not here for some reason?
Are you sure it's a GIF? A post below your one has an animated avatar. If I right click to save Dango's avatar, it says it's a GIF. When I right click and save your avatar, it's a JPG.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Icon? No I've never made an icon.

As for my avatar, I just got a stock photo off the internet. Courtesy of Google image search.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Kind of. I found the gif, but I had to edit it a little so it would work on the forums.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
Yup, just spent some time dicking around in GIMP and came up with that. I rather like it.

_tinned_magpie_

Feb 19, 2010
I didn't make my old one, but I made this one: meaning that I spliced together stock photos to make something vaguely new.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
In a way I made it and borrowed. The borrowed part is of course one of the common David Tennant 10th Doctor pics and a pic of the Doctor Who logo. I then re-sized both pics, fitting the logo into the Tennant pic, and finally I typed in "The Greatest Show of All Time", though it can't be read very well unless you know what it says.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
Drew the black and white lines by hand, then photoshoped the color, then cropped and re-sized it to making my icon. Like I didn't draw it with the intention of it being my avatar, it was just for fun.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
Made it, and it's an avatar.
http://flufflesthepancake.deviantart.com/art/Spy-Crab-Strut-149637479

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
No and yes. I didn't come up with it myself, but I blew it up and did a bit of reworking before I tattoo'd it on my body.

(True story)