Poll: Digimon or Pokemon

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
I watched both, and liked both, but I was raised on Pokémon, plus it's the very reason I watch anime AND play RPGs.

Thank you Pokémon.

(I'm from Iceland, so our keyboards can put commas over some letters :p)

On a side note, those of you who have played Final Fantasy (at least VII) and watched Digimon, did you know the cowboy girl and Aeris look alike (somewhat). Plus, the cowboy girl's Digimon looks like a giant body-building Cactuar with boxing gloves.

Griphphin

Jul 4, 2009
Oh god, Pokemon hands down. Digimon is the margarine of Pokemon.
On a related note, Firefox recognizes Pokemon as a word :D

I guess it all depends on which cliche you prefer:
The protagonist crying on his minion to make them stronger(Pokemon), or
The protagonist crying on his supped-up wrist-watch to make their minions stronger(Digimon)

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
i like digimon mostly cause it has stopped (from what i know) and isn't still going on like pokemon, though pokemon was great the first 3 seasons

bcponpcp27

Jan 9, 2009
Digimon! That show kicked way more ass than that censored camp that was pokemon. The plotline was way cooler IMO.

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Digimon all the way. Everyone around me was pro-Pokemon, and they would destroy Digimon cards, but I made sure things went right. People ALWAYS asked you whether you liked Pokemon of Digimon more, and I always said Digimon. Pokemon is a cheap rip-off of... rude and inappropriate things. Take that.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Funny people call Digimon a knock off of Pokemon when it came first.

I'm quite impartial to choosing though both the game and anime series for Pokemon have been the same up till now with barely any changes whatsoever, including their shoddy marketing scheme of making you buy each version to catch the other Pokemon whereas the anime just purely exists to say "Hey, we still want you to buy the game dozens of other RPG developers made huge leaps over years ago thanks to the newer technologies. Buy! Buy!!".

Each Digimon anime, while not changing the formula, was different in tone and introduced new means for them to grow stronger (Evolution, DNA, Jogress, etc.). It balanced its repertoire of creatures from cute, to badass to even terrifying. The handheld game felt more like a tamagochi you can fight with, which is fun if you ever had the time to bother with those things.

... That, and Machine-effing-dramon. Of course Digimon gets my vote for having a kickass mecha T-Rex for one of its strongest monsters.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
GoldenCondor said:
His balls dropped over the last 6 years or so. He is at least 16. He can't be ten after all these years.
Well, the simpsons haven't aged, but pokemon stories actually connect.
Yeah, I thought it was the Simpsons effect.
As I said on a previous post, I never really got into the series.
But did he actually grow larger over the years, relative to Pikachu, Brock or whomever?
Or did his face change?

GoldenCondor

May 6, 2009
Skeleon said:
GoldenCondor said:
His balls dropped over the last 6 years or so. He is at least 16. He can't be ten after all these years.
Well, the simpsons haven't aged, but pokemon stories actually connect.
Yeah, I thought it was the Simpsons effect.
As I said on a previous post, I never really got into the series.
But did he actually grow larger over the years, relative to Pikachu, Brock or whomever?
Or did his face change?
He received new voice actors over the years.
His face did slightly change, I think.

I made a comparison below, judge for yourself.

Season One:

Current Season:

In conclusion, he does appear a bit bigger compared to pikachu.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
GoldenCondor said:
Yeah, you're right. Especially when looking at Pikachu's respective heads it becomes apparant.
I don't really see the face-difference, though. If anything, his eyes look bigger which'd be kind of counterproductive if you wanted to make him look older.
I guess you're still right overall, though.

Maybe he's so occupied with becoming world champion that he doesn't even see anything else going on (i.e. girls).
Or maybe he's a pokésexual.

GoldenCondor

May 6, 2009
Skeleon said:
GoldenCondor said:
Yeah, you're right. Especially when looking at Pikachu's respective heads it becomes apparant.
I don't really see the face-difference, though. If anything, his "older eyes" look bigger which'd be kind of counterproductive.
I guess you're right overall.

Maybe he's so occupied with becoming world champion that he doesn't even see anything else going on (i.e. girls).
Or maybe he's a pokésexual.
The turtle on his head (no pun intended) agrees.
Maybe he is interested in the girls, it's just japan realizes that details of relationships are boring as fuck, so they skip out on all the sex drama.

Fox_21

Aug 23, 2008
Pokemon for the win, but digmon could talk to you. So they both are pretty kool

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Pokemon for me I think. I just liked it more as a kid.
CuervoJoe said:
I always found Digimon to be like a cheap version of pokemon.
If pokemon were Heinz baked beans, then digimon were the dodgy, watery 1p a tin beans.
That sums up my feelings pretty well, thankyou.

Warpulse

Oct 29, 2009
Pokemon had better games, Digimon was really a show and a few toys like tamagotchis u fought with and shook. Pokemon had an RPG game, which had endless hours of fun, and if you got bored, go play with your Pokemon cards

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Skeleon said:
ssgt splatter said:
7. I find it amusing that all these girls in pokemon are falling for Ash and he doesn't even notice. If it was me, I'd at least try something.
Isn't Ash just ten years old?
Maybe that's why.
He's got to be older by now. I mean, in the current series his voice is deeper.
I am well aware that the Pokemon universe is somewhat time-locked but still he's got to be getting older.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
Its a very hard choice.

While digimon did come out two years befor pokemon did (atleast in japan) it never really go the same publicity.

With digimon you had your one digimon that actully ment some thing to you. Pokemon were like call girls you could use them again and again, but when push comes to shove you can jsut get a new one.

The fact that digimon talked and were abel to emote does save alot of confusion, however the issues with owning one arnt worth it.

I would have to say the Pokemon would be a better fit. While the protagniost doesnt seem to develop or learn any thing through out the series its more light hearted an easyer to pick up. That and pokemon would actully seem usefull.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
Oh my god, you just made me want to go and rewatch the Tamers Season of Digimon. <3 I LOVED Digimon. Moreso than Pokemon, I think, especially with all the reasons being given here. Shame that all the names ended in -mon and that Pokemon became more commercially popular, because I loved the Digimon story much better...

woodwalker

Feb 1, 2009
I liked Digimon more, as it came on after school, instead of before, so I actually got to watch the whole episodes, and it helps that I saw all of the episodes (well, up to about season three, at any rate) of Digimon when it first came out, whereas that was not the case with pokemon.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
ok, this

vs

yea, im going with the digimon, and besides, all digimon can talk, and that makes them so much more cooler.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
this is not even a debate... seriously. Poke'mon.

Red version was like crack for me when it came out. I probably didnt talk to my parents for a month- and pretty sure it was all I talked to my friends about