Poll: Do chicks dig the dreads?

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
They sometimes look all right, it has to be with the right face shape and how you dress is kinda important.
I know a guy with dreads and he looks cool with them, must find/get a picture of him.

Mar 17, 2009
Rascarin said:
psypherus said:
Dreads are ugly as fuck
This. What could possibly be considered attractive about someone who never, ever washes or combs their hair?
Ok, is there something I'm missing here? How does getting dreads have anything to do with not washing or combing your hair?

ix_tab

Apr 25, 2009
I dig dreads...on chicks.

But otherwise, yes, there are heaps of girls who do not mind the dreads. As long as they are not actively smelly, it's all good. On the other hand, if you have blonde or light coloured hair, I'd advise against them, because light coloured dreads just look dirty, even if they aren't. Of course you could always dye them!

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
with me it really really depends on how well it goes with the person.... now to be honest more times than not, It actually has negative appeal.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
The infamous SCAMola said:
Rascarin said:
psypherus said:
Dreads are ugly as fuck
This. What could possibly be considered attractive about someone who never, ever washes or combs their hair?
Ok, is there something I'm missing here? How does getting dreads have anything to do with not washing or combing your hair?
Maybe we're thinking of different kinds of dreads - do you mean the ones that form naturally when you never wash or comb your hair, or the kinda braid things (like cornrows)? Because I'm talking about the disgusting ones.

Cornrows, on the other hands... I guess they work, on some people.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I'm actually thinking about getting dreads, and have no idea whether to get them or not either.

joystickjunki3 said:
EmileeElectro said:
joystickjunki3 said:
EmileeElectro said:
No, and I don't like it when guys say 'chicks dig...'
But chicks totally dig giant robots, right?
They get me all hot and bothered.

Beep beep.
Nice.
Of course. Everyone digs giant robots.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The infamous SCAMola said:
Rascarin said:
psypherus said:
Dreads are ugly as fuck
It's the original method of getting dreads. Natural dreadlocks are nothing but matted hair, and making your hair matted means not taking care of your hair, so no combing and stuff (like what happens with dogs, you know what you see on those animal cop shows on Animal Planet). Nowadays though, a lot of people who wear dreadlocks don't have the old fashioned 'real' dreadlocks wich are indeed pretty ew, and instead get it done at a hairdresser wich isn't really dirty or something. It just looks matted, therefore filthy, but it's not.

Anyway, I find dreads a little bit "wanna be rebel" you know, like "look at me, I'm sooo part of the counter culture!" most of the times (there still are honest people out there). Putting so much effort in trying to be different as Paris Hilton puts into looking so sluttly a lot of the time, kinda kills the whole point wich is trying to be made. I'm not a girl, but I doubt most girls like that sort of thing. There are always niches though.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Matronadena said:
with me it really really depends on how well it goes with the person.... now to be honest more times than not, It actually has negative appeal.
Completely agreed.

Zombie_Fish said:
I'm actually thinking about getting dreads, and have no idea whether to get them or not either.

joystickjunki3 said:
EmileeElectro said:
joystickjunki3 said:
EmileeElectro said:
No, and I don't like it when guys say 'chicks dig...'
But chicks totally dig giant robots, right?
They get me all hot and bothered.

Beep beep.
Nice.
Of course. Everyone digs giant robots.
Totally. Honestly, I miss Megas (absolutely my fav show along w/ Futurama), but I recently found out that it was on Xbox LIVE.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I saw a Japanese student with dreads today. They were dyed blonde at the ends. It was the single most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. He was with a girl who was wearing khaki hot pants and black high heels. Which is irrelevant to the discussion apart from the fact that it's coincidentally the second most rediculous thing I've ever seen, making me feel sorry for the other guy that was with them who had close-cropped hair and was wearing jeans and a T-shirt.. I had to use up all my willpower not walking over to him and punching him.

It was among this chain of logic thatI realised only black dudes can pull off Dreadlocks and Cornrows. Which is a shame because I'd love to be able to look like Bob Marley... :(

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
joystickjunki3 said:
Totally. Honestly, I miss Megas, but I recently found out that it was on Xbox LIVE.
Wow, that would actually be a reason for me to buy an XBox if I ever do buy one.

I miss it too though, why did they have to cancel it?

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
joystickjunki3 said:
Totally. Honestly, I miss Megas, but I recently found out that it was on Xbox LIVE.
Wow, that would actually be a reason for me to buy an XBox if I ever do buy one.

I miss it too though, why did they have to cancel it?
Only the truly awesome shows get cancelled. W/ a few exceptions, obviously (like Seinfeld ? I believe the producers chose to end the show before it started to suck majorly).

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Someone at our school got them, at they got ridiculed for being a tramp (They had a reputation for being filthy already, but they looked like a tramp with the dreads.)

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
Not a fan myself. I just find it looks kind of dirty, and being a bit of a neat freak, that's a turn off. But all women are different. If you really want them, and you don't have a specific girlfriend now who absolutely hates them and will dump you if you go for them, then do it. I'm sure you'll manage to find someone who likes dreads (now, whether they like you is another story, but that's personality dependent).