Poll: Do you ever pick the 'silly' poll options?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Sometimes, if the other options don't match my thoughts well enough I'll go with the random one

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010

I don't like when there is one silly option that renders the point of a poll moot.
For example
Yes 13%
No 12%
Bacon 75%

That doesn't help anyone. Especially in a serious thread (And I've seen the "Bacon" option in threads about rape, WTF escapist?)

But if the entire thread is a joke I don't have a problem with it, (So is Zoidberg or Always the silly option here?)

Comedy is very important but when you have the Yes, No, Bacon poll all that says is that the poster doesn't care about what they're posting, by giving you the option to ignore what they've said.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Nope. Except for when the entire thread isn't serious, in which case I pick bacon Batman.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I see what you're doing here.

Why not pick the serious option?
(\/) (;,,;) (\/)

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Only if the thread is going in an interesting direction. Other than that, I try to be as serious as possible.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
From time to time, usually when the other options are nearly as absurd.

For example, some people have a tendency to offer simple yes/no poll options for incredibly complex social issues, many of which are difficult to fully answer within the context of several paragraphs, much less a single word.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
Polls with a silly option tend to annoy me. They feel like they "corrupt" the accuracy of the other results, thus kinda ruining the point of the poll. That said, I understand why they're there and why people choose them. Have never chosen it yet (As you can see from my post count I don't frequent these forums that much), but when I DO come across a poll where all other answers are unintentionally silly or don't represent my point of view, I probably will.

TecnoMonkey

Jul 2, 2012
I was expecting a silly option here, was not dissapointed.

I only choose a silly option if i'm indicisive about the other available options.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Zoidberg.

I mean, pretty much always. Then I post my actual response in the thread. You put a silly option on your poll, I'm gonna click it. You are kind of asking for it if you put a silly option on your poll. If you want proper results, only give proper options.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
It depends. how much I care about the subject the thread is about, and whether or not the other answers fit my view on the subject.

If they do, then I pick the serious answer.

Every other time, it's the silly one.

Also if the poll is a yes, no, silly option one, I'll tend to pick the silly option.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
i vote for the applicable option. if no option is applicable, and there is a option designating apathy(the silly option), i'll use that. if no option is applicable, and there is no 'silly' option, i don't vote.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Two meals in one week?

I have mail order degrees in both murderonomy AND murderology!

So yeah.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I can't help put pick the silly option. If it's there I'm going to click it. It's just asking for it really. But now I don't know what option to pick for your poll.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
I never found the joke options funny in the first place, but maybe that's just me. I almost never pick the silly option, but I think I did a time or two. If it's a really stupid poll, I wouldn't be surprised to find I had chosen the silly option. I'm annoyed by the inclusion of silly options almost every time I see them. Doesn't concern for beyond a second or two, but still, stop ruining your own polls, people.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I think the poll results have answered your question OP. :p

Of course, if it's a more serious topic, I would actually pick how I feel about the topic at hand rather than choose the silly answer.