Poll: Do you find ginger hair attractive?

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Jedoro said:
You kidding me? The majority of women I've dated have been gingers. Call me weird, but I love 'em, especially the natural redheads.
You've seen the poll, its not weird to date that many gingers, just really lucky.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Take a wild guess.
...... Not only is she gorgeous, her accent is ridiculously sexy.

Anyhow, I find girls with dyed red hair attractive. Depending on the shade of the natural red hair it can be damn sexy too. I wouldn't take the piss out of gingers though. Unless it's a friend and it's standard banter.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
drisky said:
Jedoro said:
You kidding me? The majority of women I've dated have been gingers. Call me weird, but I love 'em, especially the natural redheads.
You've seen the poll, its not weird to date that many gingers, just really lucky.
True. It just kinda throws my friends off a bit that a Mexican American goes for some of the whitest girls around here.

Loner Jo Jo

Jul 22, 2011
On women, red hair is gorgeous, in my opinion. Hell, even on guys, I find red hair to be adorable... Though I'm not sure if it's really the hair I dig so much or if it's the fact that typically red haired people have freckles, and I'm a sucker for freckles.

EDIT: Though I will say, for guys, while I can dig red hair, I prefer brunettes.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
My first serious girlfriend was a redhead. I thought she was the most beautiful thing in the world.

I don't get this whole "ginger" thing, though. It seems like it's of relatively recent origin, and pejorative, and, well, why? It makes very little sense to me.

franconbean

Apr 30, 2011
Red being the colour of passion, i am a fan of red hair, though generally, hair colour doesn't matter much to me. It does make my heart beat a little faster though for some reason.

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
Wickerton said:
"Ginger" is usually slang for unattractive red heads with fair skin and freckles (the freckles are an important part of being a "ginger").
Just like red hair, freckles can be a turn-off for some, and incredibly charming for others.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Red heads yes.
Gingers no.
And geneder also changes it.

Male red heads i find to have a stange taste in fashion.
Male gingers... the only one i know is a massive twat.

However when we go to the female gender...
*drools*

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Doesn't make much difference to me, I've been attracted to redheads, blondes, brunettes, black hair and once a girl with green hair (if we count celeb attraction, see Mary Elizabeth Winstead in Scott Pilgrim to include all other hair colours).

It just doesn't rate as that important compared to other things. That said, I do have a bit of a thing for the English rose look, pale with flaming hair. Done right (Karen Gillan anyone?) it does look pretty damned beautiful.

Doktor Sleepless

Jan 4, 2011
I'm a bit bi, and I find it odd that I find red-hair on girls to be a bonus but on guys to be a negative. I don't really know why, kinda bothers me.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
No idea why, but this song suddenly comes to mind:

OT: I love red hair (and have red hair myself), though if I had to choose a favorite, it would be whatever Holo has (I'm still trying to figure out if it's red or brunette. My aunt says red, but I think it's more brunette).

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Callate said:
My first serious girlfriend was a redhead. I thought she was the most beautiful thing in the world.

I don't get this whole "ginger" thing, though. It seems like it's of relatively recent origin, and pejorative, and, well, why? It makes very little sense to me.
the whole difference between redhead and ginger is a bit like the difference between a black man and a n****r.

It's stupid, really stupid.

firetamer13

Jun 8, 2010
Just throwing in with the pile here.
Being a straight guy, red hair on guys holds little-to-no significance to me.
On a girl however...GET OUTTA MY WAY!
That being said, what is the deal with this ginger stigma? I wasn't even aware of it until I acquired some UK friends and they talked about it a lot. Is it an English thing or is it just that recent?

loomis

Dec 2, 2010
The gene for it is not dominant, and makes them sort of rare. Thus more wanted to me. I'm hoping we can mess with our genes to be able to keep less common traits like this. Maybe change them at will.