Poll: Do you hate Apple, but still own an Apple product?

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I don't hate Apple, but what I REALLY don't like are the fanboys. There are a couple of them at my school and they make me raaage.

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
Yup, I've got an iPod but I'm not the hugest fan of Apple. I don't HATE them, I just usually don't like their products as much as others.... except for the iPod, it actually works quite well.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
If you hate a company while buying their products, you're just their *****, and only hating them when it's convenient.

Feb 18, 2009
I have an iPod, which does the job, but I can't stand the iTunes store. Once I bought an album, which then downloaded all but one of the tracks. I emailed them about this and they just said "sorry, you should have read the EULA". Whut.
Also Macs I just don't understand, but I guess that's because I haven't had any experience with them.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I own an iPod that was bought as a gift. I like it, it's handy etc. But I am not inclined to buy any of their other products. If their itunes store was cheaper & allowed unlimited downloads of purchased content I might stop avoiding it, too.

verindae

May 22, 2010
Furburt said:
I don't hate them. Some of their business practices are suspect, but the same thing could be said of almost every big company, which is a depressing thought.

I've used Apple and Microsoft all my life. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.
That pretty much sums it up for me too, nicely done :p

I own an iPod nano, an older one, not much to say about it really, does the job and that's enough. Can't say I've ever been fond of the styling though I must admit.

EDIT: The only reason I have a nano is because it was was free, I probably wouldn't ever buy one... make of that what you will :p

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have two iPods, a Nano and a Shuffle. I use the shuffle more because it is just a small thing and it just has a switch. There is very little that can go wrong with it, and it's relatively cheap. The Nano is a replacement as my old one was crapping out on me. Depending on where you get the iPod from, I find the customer service varies. I got my iPod from Argos and they were very helpful, and took it back to Apple, no questions asked. A friend of mine bought his iPod from Curry's and they refused to take it back to get it fixed because it had a couple of superficial scratches on the back of it from where he had it in his pocket. I'm indifferent to Apple, as long as can listen to Voltaire, I don't care what I listen to him on, Walkman or iPod, i'm happy.

Burwood123

Dec 2, 2009
The Maddest March Hare said:
I hate Apple because I own an Apple product. The iPod's disgustingly poor sound quality
You know sound quality depends on the sound chip in the device.. and all MP3 players use a pretty much standard component now. Unless your talking about like any IPod before the 2nd gen nano

OT: I have an IPhone, And want the IPhone 4... Despite what anyone says.. That phone is the best one available now. InB4 "It took them 4 tries" It's just because apple are EVIL! (jks) But yeah, that phone looks BEAST

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Don't like them, don't have anything from them, don't care.

Everything is so DRM-tight that it makes me sick, I was also surprised that when a certain Singer (Female) asked to released her music on the iTunes, but without a DRM attached to it, they refused very strongly.

Then, the entire 4G iPhone business and how they treated the guys. So much for fighting the 'man', when Apple is one.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
I have an iPod. Every Apple product I have is a gift, and every Apple product I will ever acquire will be a gift. Also, I'm trying to keep my computer Apple free as long as possible (in other words all my iPod related business is on other people's computers).

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
I don't hate them, but it was kind of confusing to be using a mac at school and a pc at home for the first few times.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Hate Apple for various reasons, do not own any of their products.

Use windows (still XP, although I've bought windows 7 a while ago but too lazy to change) as OS and planning to make a transition to Linux in the future. Probably Ubuntu, although there are others available.

I don't like a few things about Apple. I hate their commercials and the crowd they market to. I hate the whole "I" thing in front of every product, it's just annoying. I dislike iTunes and similar software because I do not buy music online and Apple seems to have almost monopolistic future planned out for their products... And I fucking hate mac interface. I know that you can probably change it and all, but I do not find macs intuitive at all.

I'm more comfortable with something that looks like Windows 98 or even DOS then have all those ugly glittery 3d icons poking out in my face. And I like the customization when it comes to "PCs" (because Macs are, too, personal computers, but since everyone refers to it as "PC vs Mac", might as well not bother being correct ) I've owned my desktop for years and I've been upgrading it to keep to date every 2 years or so, it's just something I like to do and like to have the ability to do.

And I'm a big supporter for free content on the internet, various open source projects and so on. So that's why I'm going to make a transition to Linux on at least one of my computers.

Edit: And when it comes to music, there are plenty of decent quality mp3 players on the market without all the extra annoying features I see on iPods. A big screen is a detriment, in my opinion. I'm in love with my Coby usb-stick/mp3 player. Very small, can be used as a USB stick, and has plenty of memory for most of my usual music along with whatever I might use it for.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I personally hate apple because everyone I know who use's one of their products is a completely uptight prick. They also phrase all the gimmicks and say that its virus free all the time (psh, bullshit)

Aside from that they're really not worth the price.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Is there a "I hate apple and do not own an apple product" option? That is where I'm sitting at right now.

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
Hate is such a strong word, I just think Apple is evil.And no, I dont own any Apple products.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I don't hate Apple and never understood why people did. I am technology retarded, so the Mac is really good for me.