Poll: do you have any gay or lesbian friends?

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
No. I dunno why, I just don't.

The people I DO know to be gay are so freaking stereotypical gay. Like, freaking lisp and everything. I'm not friends with them cus I hate them, but because they hate me. Go figgure.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
No, but I've met gay or lesbian people online who I've enjoyed spending my time with.

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
Not that I know of, but there are tons of posters around my school that says "Not everyone at this school is heterosexual!" so I wouldnt rule it out.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I have a few gay and lesbian friends. I don't let their sexuality blind me to what good people they are.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
I have had three bisexual friends since high school. Besides me, I don't know that many people outside the internet who are gay.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
burntheartist said:
nunqual said:
burntheartist said:
I live near Washington, DC. So as a straight white male I can say I have 'some black friends' and 'some gay friends' without getting that 'closet bigot' glare from people.

Hey, stop doing that! They said it was okay. Seriously! No!!

But really, yeah I have quite a few homosexual and bi friends and frequently help them fight the good fight. To be in the 21st century in the US and we still can discriminate against someone for a lifestyle choice that doesn't hurt anyone... Man it's shameful.
I'm sorry for this, your heart is in the right place, and fighting for gay rights is a great thing to do. But being gay or bisexual is not a lifestyle choice. Sorry, that choice of words irked me.
Different groups say different things. People have the choice to be open about it or to hide it. Your limited context irks me.
I apologize. I thought you were talking about their sexuality, not their choice of revealing or hiding their sexuality.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Yeah, plenty. Including one who everyone said was gay for years then declared he wasn't. I don't find anything at all odd about it. In fact, I'm on the fence myself, and am occasionally extremely camp.

blackguard89

Aug 5, 2010
Well since one of my friends was a girl, she was alesbian, but yeah I got along with her preety well :)

Aglynugga

Jul 25, 2010
Hey, I don't know any gay people. I'm serious. Not a troll. No gays.
And here's the thing...does it matter? Are gay people so much more different than straight people? I mean, I've seen television gay people, I assume those are carachitures. I would hate to think that once you've realized you're gay that you have to adopt a femme voice or a butch mullet. (Yes, I am kind of a redneck hillbilly, thank the power of the internet that I can communicate with the rest of civilization)
I couldn't imagine it matters unless your alone and naked with him or her, you've been drugged, and they've become some insane homo rapist.
Hey, do any gay people want to be my friend? I'm pretty sure you can't tell the difference, I watched tons of Kids in the Hall and Monty Python as a child so my sense of humor is pretty fucked to death...We can play video games together...

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
A good friend of mine is queer. I've known him for about 3-4 years now. An ex-girlfriend of mine I still keep in touch with lost interest in men and is now going out with a mutual friend of ours but she says she's pansexual. 0_0

cp.06

Jun 20, 2010
My best friend is a lesbian.
She is also stupidly attractive. It's kind of a slap in the face.
However, as I'm the "Straight best friend" I get to see plenty of things I shouldn't, so I guess it evens out ;)

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
There's one guy at school who's allegedly gay

Even though I don't know any gay people properly and I don't know much about the "personality/psychology" of it all, I know he's not gay

He's attention-seeking. He has hair like a flippin' Anime character, he's barely hit puberty and he's apparantly gay. Yeah, whatever. Not even got a boyfriend (I know that's not compulsory). All he does that's remotely gay is hang about with mostly girls. That's it. Oh, and he says he's gay, but whatever. Mabye when he's old enough to have a relationship, we'll see how he stands up in court

...heh..heh...or...or bends over in court, ammiright? heh heh *wink wink nudge nudge* /bigotry