Poll: Do you hold open doors?

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
i do, no matter who the person is, i tend to hold the door. I find its just polite and youd be surprised how many people just get a big smile on their face when you do something like that.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
All the time. It's how I was raised. It once earned me the nickname "The Doorman" though, as one time when I was on this student experience type thing, I tended to hold the door for the entire group.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Robert632 said:
If there are people close behind me, yeah I do. Of course, my definition of close is so big I end up holding dorrs for 2-3 minutes as more people keep coming close enough for me to say " eh, that's close."
Hah, pretty much the same for me xD

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Yes, it is the polite thing to do if going through a door close in front of someone.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
If they're close behind me, then yes. If there's a small amount of distance, I usually give the door a good shove so it's still open by the time they reach it. Anything beyond that, then I don't unless it looks like the person might have trouble opening the door themselves...like old people or the wheelchair bound. It's just a second nature thing. I do it without thinking. I blame my parents for raising me right.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Poll: Do you hold open doors?
I used to, but one day the submarine commander told me to pack it in or leave the Navy. Their damn loss.

Seriously though: yes I do. I instinctively look behind me as I pass through a door in case anybody is behind me. A throwback to my school days.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Within reason yes. when people are short after or it is an elderly etc of course but if they are far away or in super rush probably not.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
If someone is exiting behind me or entering in front of me then I will surely hold the door. I wouldn't want to slam the door in their face (yes I would).

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I used to but I always found some way to make it awkward so I stopped.

Mr.logic

Nov 18, 2009
I do. All the time, why you ask? Because there is WAAAYYY to much bad in the world for people to skip out on the good things. Even when their small.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Yes I hold doors open for people if they are nearby. I just think of it as good manners really.

BLAHwhatever

Aug 30, 2011
AngryMongoose said:
Ofcourse I do. What kind of psychopathic, twisted ************ lets a door slam on a random?
douchebags?

If I'm not in a terrible hurry, I do. I look behind me most of the time and if someone is in sight, I'll hold the door till he can enter.
Immanuel Kant told me to