Poll: Do you know what you are going to be?

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
There's a few choices, and what exactly I'll be will be decided by how well I'll do with my entry tests this summer. They're all agriculture-related, except watchmaker, which is there simply by the virtue of looking intresting and providing an extra possiblity if it all goes to hell and I flunk everything.

Hell, this last week has tremendously helped my clarity on my future in general. Or at least a possible future. It has made me think, at least, and getting through this thick skull is no mean feat.
Oh, and this last week has also made me happier than I've literally been this year or most of last year. It's really damn high up there in the list of "weeks I was shitting kittens out of sheer joy". It's possibly THE week.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'm 20. I'll (hopefully) graduate this fall with a computer information science degree and then wanting to go into either web design or programming (or game design, but don't see that happening because of how hard it is to get a job in it). That's about it though. Dunno where I'll live (sure as hell do not want to stay in the bible belt), or anything else. Never been in a relationship either. But, in the meantime, I still get good laughs from all the people that say "well, I like playing video games, so I'm going to make them for a living" when they have no clue how frustratingly hard it actually is.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
I am 21, got about 15 months left at uni so that is planned short term, but after that not got a clue, get a job but im doing economics so what the can i do as a job economist?

AlmostLikeLife

Apr 24, 2009
I'm planning on being a professional wrestler. I'm going to find a job, save my money, get a car and in a few years I plan on going out to Anaheim, California to train at Mach One Wrestling's "Wrestling 101" academy. I'll live out of a car if I have to. It's my dream, and I'm not about to let anything get in the way.

DerpyDerpyDerp

Mar 27, 2009
I'm a year away from finishing my Bachelors in Mathematics and another Bachelors in Secondary Math Education. My plans are to continue my education and work up to a doctorate in math, but if I ever decide to change my mind or take a break, I can fall back on my education degree.

Also, I'm 21.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
17, I've been accepted to McMaster University in Hamilton Ontario for Physical Sciences. But I might go to Waterloo university in Ontario.
I'd like to pursue the physical sciences (that's how inanimate matter behaves and interacts if you're not familiar, physics and chemistry) with a major interest in astronomy/astrophysics.

Other than that, I don't know...

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
BENZOOKA said:
I know what I'm going to be...

A Jedi. That's all my eyes can see...
Listen to these men. They fight for Freedom.
What the hell are you talking about?

I'm fighting for soup!
http://www.italian-food-lovers.com/uploads/gnam-depardieu.jpg

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
I am 20 and have wanted to be a video game designer all my life. I thought I'd learn once I got to college, but now that I'm here I almost feel like it is too late. There are other people that know far more than me because, basically, I don't know anything. Without any prior knowledge of what it is really like, I cannot for the life of me take the risk of what I believe to be something I will fail at, or realize in the end that it isn't what I dreamed it to be. I'm currently trying to put the dream to rest, get a degree in radiation technology and come back for a masters in business management to attempt to be a manager at a hospital.
I find it hard to not decide what your going to do until last minute, I'm out of electives and required courses, so my next 3 years all have to stick to my major or else I'm wasting time and money.

Assassin Xaero said:
I'm 20. I'll (hopefully) graduate this fall with a computer information science degree and then wanting to go into either web design or programming (or game design, but don't see that happening because of how hard it is to get a job in it). That's about it though. Dunno where I'll live (sure as hell do not want to stay in the bible belt), or anything else. Never been in a relationship either. But, in the meantime, I still get good laughs from all the people that say "well, I like playing video games, so I'm going to make them for a living" when they have no clue how frustratingly hard it actually is.
Can you share for 2 seconds on what it really means to try to get that job, so that I can try to move on?

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
BENZOOKA said:
Paksenarrion said:
BENZOOKA said:
I know what I'm going to be...

A Jedi. That's all my eyes can see...
What the hell are you talking about?

I'm fighting for soup!
http://www.italian-food-lovers.com/uploads/gnam-depardieu.jpg
In a way, doesn't Soup = Freedom?

Soup Freedom.

Froup. Seedom.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Paksenarrion said:
AccursedTheory said:
Paksenarrion said:
Freedom?

I was totally told I was fighting for oil. Those lying bastards!
Could be a different sort of Freedom...

Freedom from High Gas Prices!
I hope not, cause if so, I'm doing one hell of a shitty job.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
Paksenarrion said:
AccursedTheory said:
Paksenarrion said:
Freedom?

I was totally told I was fighting for oil. Those lying bastards!
Could be a different sort of Freedom...

I hope not, cause if so, I'm doing one hell of a shitty job.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
Paksenarrion said:
Indeed. I fight to free cat-kind from the tyranny of the delicious blood-bags that walk around, thinking they own this planet...

I mean... yeah! Freedom, and stuff!

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
I'm in exactly the same position as you, just a year less under my belt.

I. Have. No. Plan. Unlike everyone else in the history of forever X(