Poll: Do you like Sony?

Matthew Jabour

Jan 13, 2012
Ah, Sony. Sony, Sony, Sony. The frontrunner in graphics, the fat asthmatic kid in handhelds, there's plenty of reasons to like or dislike Sony. But when everything's been taken into account, do you like them? Are they a company you enjoy purchasing products from and would like to see in business for the forseeable future? Please justify your choice in the comments.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
I have no strong feelings towards them but I guess I lean positive. I'll probably buy a PS4 after a couple of years because I tend to like their exclusives. I think PS Plus sounds like a helluva deal, too.

They don't seem to do or say as much that angers me like Microsoft do, either. Or maybe I just don't hear about it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'll admit, I have some bias towards them and their games considering the PS1 was my very first console and I have played games on all of their consoles. So, yeah, I guess you would say I like them.

I will agree though, the PSP was pretty weak overall as a handheld.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'd be a hell of a lot more positive about them if their security wasn't such crap and they protected their customers better. As it stands I'm just slightly more positive about them than I am Nintendo, but I'm still a hell of a lot more positive about Sony than I am Microsoft's Xbox division.

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
Could we at least get a middle ground answer?

I have no feelings one way or the other. They've simply never had exclusive games on their consoles that I want to play. But I love their TVs and Blu-Ray players.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I love their products. Simple as that. When I was a kid, my parents bought me a PSX for literally no reason at all, they probably thought it was just a toy, as well as Crash Bandicoot and Gex 3D: Enter the Gecko one day. While I had played a few games before, nothing could compare to that PlayStation and the games I played on it.

I've owned every Sony console and handheld and loved every single one of them. I even learned Japanese so I could play more titles on the PS/PSP/Vita that never made it over the Atlantic and never regretted that choice. Sony have done so much for the games industry over the years, the PS2 had an amazing library and the PSN is such awesome value for money.

Then I also love their other hardware, Sony TVs (Sony no longer makes TVs ;_;7) and sound systems are always have this amazing quality and polish to them that just makes them feel better than the rest. The same goes for their game related hardware. Just check out this comparison of the WiiU tablet screen and a Vita.

God, I sound like a viral marketer or a fanboy. Honestly, I just think Sony has always produced a level of quality above their competitors and it's sad to see the company struggling as it is. I just hope they can pull themselves out of their slump and maybe one day start manufacturing TVs again.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
They gave me the PS1 and PS2, so I like them for that.

I don't feel any loyalty or anything like that toward them though.

pure.Wasted

Oct 12, 2011
I've never had a single problem with my PS3 in the 7? years that I've owned it. That's gotta count for something.

I'm no fanboy, but I am looking forward to shelling out for the PS4.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Yeah, for the most part. PS+ is well worth it and the PS3 works. Also they let me rent movies off the PS store so that's good.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Uh... my PS3 works as advertised.

Not much more to say about them.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
The Play Station was made by them.
That secures a good amount of love and respect from me, however I don;t feel any loyalty towards them.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
They've entertained me directly or indirectly ever since the PS1, so I'd say yes. I didn't buy into this console generation but I keep hearing good things about PS+ and, overall, they're a company that I do want to succeed.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
i love Sony. In this gen PS3 is my platform of choice and i bought far greater amount of games on PS3 than on PC and Xbox360. Reason is great exclusives that i actually what to play. Stuff i've seen on ps4 announcement only solidify my love for sony.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
I've had nothing but good experiences with Sony. Although pricy, their TV's and homevideo offerings are top notch. I even remember back in the VHS days, my Sony VCR held up twice as long as any other brand I tried out.

As for gaming, they gave me the PS1, which will forever be my favourite console. They actually lost me with the PS3 mainly due to slow arrival and high pricing point, as I picked up a 360 instead. But as Sony's exclusives started piling up, along with free online play and PSPlus, they won me over again. I also tend to like their strategy and their attitude towards gaming as a whole. It seems to me, the whole hacking scandal really humbled them and got them back on the right track.

I think the only negative thing about Sony for me is that their products tend to be expensive, but yeah on the other hand you know it's quality. It's a shame really that they haven't managed to offer a bit more competetive price points on their flat screens. They used to be a huge player in the TV market, but sadly their Korean competitors seems to have taken it all away from them.

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
Well they did make the PS2, the best console "EVARR".
So yeah, I suppose I like them, but even though I do own a PS1/2/3/psp, I'll probably lean towards indifference. I usually stick around for the exclusives and the online service, PS plus ain't too shabby.
If they do keep up the great exclusives, then I think I'll be purchasing a PS4 as well.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
They have the most innovative, interesting exclusives. Their products are always high quality. They only thing I can say negatively about them is that sometimes they don't listen to their customers. Like how the PS store is kinda crap now, and how bad PSASBR turned out. So I guess you could say they made some pretty large mistakes, like the hacking incident, the Blueback scandal, and selling off some great licenses CRASH AND SPYRO. But they're still my favorite of the Big 3. I grew up with Sony consoles, so that pretty much explains my loyalty, not to mention the PS2's GIANT library.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
you know what, I do like them. They have done some really stupid shit in the past but at least they show some effort to set things right. They have also been working on their PR a lot.

I don't think that given their current situation, they could have handled the PS4 announcement better. They've done a really good job on that I think, despite the general post-announcement cynicism. Also, they remembered why exactly it is that consoles exist - to play games on. And they based the entire thing about that, which is commendable.

What I don't like about them is that despite Vita being an amazing little thing, they still show very little support of the device. Which is a shame, but hey! Baby steps people!

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I've felt sometimes that the Internet hates Sony with a passion and that every time there is something to nitpick people will jump on it and cry "SONY IS EVIL!"

So its really cool to see some positive stuff about them in this thread; thanks guys!

But for me Sony has been a company who has made things that I've used and enjoyed for a long time now. Getting as many hours and as much entertainment as I have got from them in my life, what can I say? Great company.