Poll: Do you people think I'm weird?

LordFish

May 29, 2012
So I've noticed that I appear to be the only person in the internet to have a real picture of me as my avatar... Am I weird? uncool? confident? scary?

Common, What gives?

EDIT

The 'No' answer should read "No, It's nice to put a face to the words" For some reason it wont let me edit it

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Nah. We've had a bunch of users with avatars like yours. That one guy, whose name I can't remember, had a picture of him with his pet rat on his shoulder. He doesn't really come around these parts anymore. Moved on to greener pastures in early 2011, if I'm remembering right.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Nah I don't think it's weird, I'm pretty sure there's quite a few people around here who use a real picture of themselves as an avatar. Unless they're using a picture of a complete stranger which in that case is kinda weird :p

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Nope. I would put a picture of myself up if I wasn't cripplingly insecure about my looks.
And hideous.

Captcha: The big easy.
What are you trying to say, captcha?!

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
If you want to put a picture of yourself as your avatar, cool beans.

But at least for me it doesn't really have to do with confidence.

It has to do with paranoia and the idea that everyone on the internet is Ted Bundy.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Haha, some nice responses, Thanks guys, I was genuinely thinking about taking it down, Since I started notices no one else had a picture :p thought I might be committing a forum faux pas.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I've no idea who you are so, no.

EternalFacepalm said:
Well, to me, everyone's avatar is Justin Bieber...
I know, isn't there a rule about having more than one account? Ok, it's not enforced very well, but still.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Well it doesn't really tell other people anything about you, as what you look like doesn't make much of a difference when talking about internets things and such.

E.g. I have a LoL champion as my avatar, so other LoL players will know I'm into LoL.
Other people have characters from their favourite shows, or nintendo-y avatars etc. to show what one of their big interests is.

Did anybody else put "Happy Fathers Day" in the capcha instead of what you were supposed to? -.-

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Midgeamoo said:
Well it doesn't really tell other people anything about you, as what you look like doesn't make much of a difference when talking about internets things and such.

E.g. I have a LoL champion as my avatar, so other LoL players will know I'm into LoL.
Other people have characters from their favourite shows, or nintendo-y avatars etc. to show what one of their big interests is.

Did anybody else put "Happy Fathers Day" in the capcha instead of what you were supposed to? -.-
Well I did consider one of many little references that other people who enjoy my franchises will pick up on, But in that one I have an eye patch ... So I think that makes my position on all subjects clear enough...

Also I did that, It wont go through with capitols -_-

Matthew94 said:
No, I don't like it. Something seems off about it, I feel like you are sickly and interacting with your avatar will give me cholera or something. I don't know, your avatar just doesn't look right. Maybe you should take another picture with better lighting and without that ridiculous patch?

Not trying to offend you but you made a thread about it so I'll tell you what I think.
You ever considered that I might have one eye and scurvy?! or more likely it was some sort of fancy dress situation.. Either way .... yarrrgh?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No you're not and you're not the first who used his/ her face as his/ her avatar. In fact someone made an avatar related thread about this ages ago.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
No you're not and you're not the first who used his/ her face as his/ her avatar. In fact someone made an avatar related thread about this ages ago.
I didn't think I was the first person to do it, just wondered why it wasn't at all common, but I think I'm slowly realising why :p

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Nah, I've seen it a few times on here. I think i had a pic of myself as my avatar for about a day and a half, I kept getting comments about it so I changed it xP
I prefer a funky avatar and a pic on their profiles, I like putting a name to the face. Anything is fine with me though. I like knowing I'm not talking to faceless computer screens ^.^

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
LordFish said:
So I've noticed that I appear to be the only person in the internet to have a real picture of me as my avatar... Am I weird? uncool? confident? scary?

Common, What gives?

EDIT

The 'No' answer should read "No, It's nice to put a face to the words" For some reason it wont let me edit it
I also have a real picture of myself, albeit heavily edited...