Poll: Do you people think I'm weird?

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Hmm, I appear to have unequalised the poll.

Anyway, nothing wrong with posting a picture of the real you. I don't usually, even my Facebook picture is a drawing of me rather than a photo.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Well I only know 1 person [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Sean%20Hollyman] who uses his real name on the internet, and even he doesn't use a real pic, so yes its weird.

OK just noticed there is one in the profile, but still, not in the avatar.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Phasmal said:
Nope. I would put a picture of myself up if I wasn't cripplingly insecure about my looks.
And hideous.

Captcha: The big easy.
What are you trying to say, captcha?!
That is the most perfect captcha/post combination I've ever seen.

OT: It's fine if you want. I prefer looking at idealized pieces of art to people while online, but whatever.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Hazy992 said:
Nah I don't think it's weird, I'm pretty sure there's quite a few people around here who use a real picture of themselves as an avatar. Unless they're using a picture of a complete stranger which in that case is kinda weird :p
Yeah, that would be a bit awkward.

A friend of mine on here who's in the RAF uses his own picture.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
There, I brought balance to the poll.
53 vs 53.

And I do think it is kinda weird, but also not at the same time.
This is the internet, you can put whatever you want, so why put your own picture as you avatar? Put happy cat before it ran out of happy.
On the other side, this is the internet, you can put whatever you want, so why not put your own picture as you avatar?

LordFish

May 29, 2012
This is the most 50/50 split pole I've ever seen... Both bars have risen within a few votes of each other since it was 2/2.

Not that I take the pole too seriously, however a 90/10 vote for the cats may have dented my pride a little bit :)

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
It makes me uncomfortable to be able to see the person I am talking to on the internet. I like to dehumanise people so I can hate them more easily.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Nope. I have a real picture of myself up on Facebook, so do most people. I don't see why it should really be any issue here as well.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
Kind of indifferent about using a picture of yourself, but I will say that I plan to do the same in the future when I finally get my hair dyed.

<-- Yes, that is pretty much what I look like.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
LordFish said:
Istvan said:
Neh, though it isn't the safest thing unless your goal is to hide in plain sight.
Is that some kind of message to tell me that you're actually the real Leonard Nimoy? In fact don't answer that, you're secret's safe with me.

Although seriously, there's nothing unsafe about it, People can't find out who I am from a picture, and even if they could, I'm not in hiding. Trolls might threaten to 'Hunt me down' but they'd do that with or without a picture.

I see no security issue at all, apart from people might call me pasty, then I might feel insecure :p
It is possible to do a sort of reverse image search with google. It didn't come up with your picture though. I tried it with a couple of images of me from facebook for testing purposes, and it didn't find me either. So I'm guessing facebook isn't included in its search (the most likely place for me to find your information, linked to your picture). But there's probably some other website that does, maybe. Anyway, it's possible, in theory, to find you from an image.

But you're safe really, it's very unlikely you'll piss off the wrong crazy person to a level enough to actually cause you harm.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Eh, there many avatars like that, I picked my though because it was funny.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Matthew94 said:
LordFish said:
I see no security issue at all, apart from people might call me pasty, then I might feel insecure :p
That was actually going to be my original post but I erased it. The contrast between your lips and skin seems odd. Either you have pasty white skin or really red lips, it's off putting.

Hey, you brought it up, I'm just saying.
Ahh jeez, now I'm ganna have to change it when I get back from my trip, I Thhiinnkk I was drinking red wine and it stained my lips, making me look vampire levels of pale.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
neoontime said:
Eh, there many avatars like that, I picked my though because it was funny.

COME TO KENYA WE GOT LIONNS.

Matthew94 said:
ResonanceSD said:
Nah, I would do the same thing, BUT PRIMEAPE IS SO COOL.
Do you not change your avatar about once a week?
Well yes, but I quite like this one. Oddly enough, people still recognize me.