Poll: Do you people think I'm weird?

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
LordFish said:
mikecoulter said:
I also have a real picture of myself, albeit heavily edited...
Is dat sum mac classic II!? My first compootah :p
Why yes it is! Haha.

That picture shall remain on my profile, but I'm changing my avatar tonight.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
No, it.

I've seen other people have themselves as their avatars. I've contemplated using my face but I don't take very good pictures. Or I'm just plain ugly, either way.

Plus, Wrex is cooler than me anyway.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
So this is not fanmade art of a teenage Blackbeard the pirate? I'll be damned...

Also, who the hell are those 19 people who voted against the cat picture option? Mad men, the whole lot of them!

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
What?
Don't you think this handsome beast is actually me?

The moustache may or may not be real.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
smearyllama said:
Nah. We've had a bunch of users with avatars like yours. That one guy, whose name I can't remember, had a picture of him with his pet rat on his shoulder. He doesn't really come around these parts anymore. Moved on to greener pastures in early 2011, if I'm remembering right.
Simulord. He was pretty sure that the mods were after him.

OT: I don't do it, I prefer to put funny, horrifying or weird avatars next to my posts. I don't think it's odd if someone does, though.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
LordFish said:
I should be honest. I am fine with your face-avatar, but I voted against it, simply because I found the wording of it to be funnier. So when you look at the poll, just shift a point to the "I like your face" side.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
lacktheknack said:
smearyllama said:
Nah. We've had a bunch of users with avatars like yours. That one guy, whose name I can't remember, had a picture of him with his pet rat on his shoulder. He doesn't really come around these parts anymore. Moved on to greener pastures in early 2011, if I'm remembering right.
Simulord. He was pretty sure that the mods were after him.

OT: I don't do it, I prefer to put funny, horrifying or weird avatars next to my posts. I don't think it's odd if someone does, though.
Well, that's because you spend a lot of time in the "weird" part of Youtube.

OT: Yeah, I think polls are broken when you try using apostrophes.

But nah, I don't think it's weird. I usually associate an avatar to a poster anyway, but every now and then it's nice to be able to actually humanize all of those robotic responses around the interwebz.

Although voting for cat pictures is more interesting than saying your face is okay...

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
LordFish said:
So I've noticed that I appear to be the only person in the internet to have a real picture of me as my avatar... Am I weird? uncool? confident? scary?

Common, What gives?

EDIT

The 'No' answer should read "No, It's nice to put a face to the words" For some reason it wont let me edit it
Well you aren't. You should know that you are never "the only one".

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Quaxar said:
So this is not fanmade art of a teenage Blackbeard the pirate? I'll be damned...
ta ha... ta ha... ta ha... -_-

Nah, In all seriousness I aloled rather heartily. +1 point.

Biosophilogical said:
I should be honest. I am fine with your face-avatar, but I voted against it, simply because I found the wording of it to be funnier. So when you look at the poll, just shift a point to the "I like your face" side.
In all fairness it's my fault for having the arrogance of thinking I could hold myself up against lol-cats, As Penny from The Big Bang Theory says "Everyone loves lol-cats. They're cute, and they can't spell, because they're cats." There's just no competition.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
It's not weird, it's just different. People like their anonnymity on the web. However you sir obviously don't mind having you face on the web. Showing off you are a pround one eyed pirate. And me showing off that I'm a prinny that's a bit scared. :p

However I voted for the Cats as I dont want our evil (feline) overlords to come and eat me.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
i only picked yes because of how it was written.

<color=lightgrey>If it helps, my avatar is a picture of me. If I were a pony, that is.

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
Of course you're weird! Everyone is, that's why everything's so awesome!

I just acquired some Hipster Glasses for free, so I guess if I ever wanted to clear my friends list I could use a pic of myself in those for my avatar.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
smearyllama said:
I'm pretty sure that would be Simulord. The fact that I can place the name from your description of the avatar goes to show how unusual it is to do that.

Basically, OP, it's weird in the sense that it's unusual. Most people posting on the internet like to keep a certain degree of anonymity when talking to complete strangers. Social networking with friends and friends of friends is one thing, but it's rare to see anyone giving out personal information anywhere else.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Istvan said:
Neh, though it isn't the safest thing unless your goal is to hide in plain sight.
Is that some kind of message to tell me that you're actually the real Leonard Nimoy? In fact don't answer that, you're secret's safe with me.

Although seriously, there's nothing unsafe about it, People can't find out who I am from a picture, and even if they could, I'm not in hiding. Trolls might threaten to 'Hunt me down' but they'd do that with or without a picture.

I see no security issue at all, apart from people might call me pasty, then I might feel insecure :p

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
It's not weird! I always have too haha. Although it should be updated... This one is from around seventh grade and I graduated high school a couple of years ago

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Well, the poll is certainly... conclusive.

I don't think its weird, but kind of stupid. This is the internet. It's not safe, man!