Poll: Do you play games with any girls?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
No, though mainly because the girls I know aren't gamers. Frankly I wish I knew a couple that did were for the sake of variety.

The Elf Herself

Jun 26, 2012
I'm a girl. I like to play the video games.

Way back when, though, before I got my very own first console, my (male) cousin was the one who had all the video games. My mother thought they were "only for boys" and my cousin sucked at sharing, so the only way I got to experience video games was by watching him play. Eventually, after I learned to stop asking for clarification and trying to make my cousin do what I wanted him to do in the game, I genuinely began to enjoy watching other people play. My cousin and I now joke that he turned me into the perfect girlfriend.

Now, though, I play the video games myself. I don't have any gaming friends because I genuinely prefer single-player games. My fiance plays multiplayer games, though, and has some friends on there of both genders.

Chocomint

Jul 12, 2009
I'm a girl, but I don't know a lot of other female gamers, and in general I find the majority of women to be hard to get along with - and those that I do feel comfortable around mostly don't play games.

Ceil-Sama

Oct 29, 2008
I tend to play more single player games than multiplayer ones. Heard enough horror stories about what happens when a girl plays online.

Sometimes I play Age Of Empires with my brothers on LAN though. And though I haven't quite played with them, I know one of my female friends plays WoW, and another plays a lot of jrpgs.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
I voted the third option trought i could have voted the first one too since i do have some girl friends who play video games too

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Rarely, on occasion, but I don't know any of them. It all happens by chance, and they are on the TF2 server.
Therefore, I don't think I can say I play with them--just I play and they happen to be there, much like other people.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I use to play games weekly with my cousin before her all consuming obsessive relationship got to the point where she refuses to talk to family anymore. Every since I got my PC running I've been playing TF2 with a group of friends I met online regularly and one of them is female. The only noticeable difference is that women rather everyone get along while men are more likely to call each other noobs.

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
My girlfriend and I play co-op platformers and adventure games together; Rayman Origins is awesome. My sister used to play Worms games and Age of Empires with my father and me.

So, yeah.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Other than the occasional bit of SSBB with my sister, not really. I played twice with girls other than that. Once was in america and I rinsed her at COD. The other I played a wee bit of L4D with one of my friend's friends but it was kind of let down by the awful awful lag we had.

I do know a girl fairly well from uni who games regularly but I have yet to ask her to join a TF2 sesh with my mates. Probably will next year though.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
When my sister and I were little, I forced her to play Diablo 2. She ended up playing it a lot more heavily than I did. A couple years ago I insisted that she play Left 4 dead. After 4 hours, she had all of the campaigns beaten, and I made an Xbox Live account for her. She spent another couple hours kicking ass in Versus, and getting pissed off at her terrible teammates... I felt like I unleashed a vicious dog on the neighbour kids.

Left 4 Dead became one of her favourite things to talk about at school, and she would come home with the gamertags of guys she had classes with. I remember laughing like a mad man as she kicked the crap out of all of them. It wasn't long before they all refused to be on the opposite team.

Another thing I noticed was that her friend list was filling up with women. It turned out that a large chunk of the gaming community was female, but the vast majority of them just don't participate in voice-chat. My sister would always be talking to the other players, and that would encourage the other girls to speak up. I never did ask if guys harrassed her with those stupid "are you hot?" questions.

SidheKnight

Nov 28, 2011
No. I don't play multiplayer.

I used to play MMO's, but those are so massive (pun intended) that I don't think it "counts" in this case.