Poll: Do you play games with any girls?

Dakkagor

Sep 5, 2011
I regularly tabletop roleplay with girls on a thursday, and got my sister into gaming. Before the gang comes round for exalted or dark heresy, I fire up the X-Box and play some portal co-op as a family bonding exercise.

Insanely Asinine

Sep 7, 2010
What are these girls? Tease tease tease. Any way I rarely play with my "friends" let alone with the opposite sex. It's best to have me around in small doses.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Bad Jim said:
Nope, largely because I'm an unsociable tosser like Yahtzee and hardly ever play multiplayer games. And I'm even worse with women so it's highly unlikely to happen.
Pretty much on par with ol' Jim here, I can't help but feel the reason I don't have any female gaming friends is because they're doing what I'm doing. Staying inside playing video games.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Quite frequently, I guess its just down to the circle of people I hang out with. The girlfriend is a big gamer too, I've never really seen it as that big a deal.

aattss

May 13, 2012
I know a couple of female friends who play video games, but I don't play with them, and I'm not sure if they're really hardcore (although Minecraft is normally hardcore).

Hafnium

Jun 15, 2009
I've played with my girlfriend, if that counts. We played Mario Kart when we had a Wii, and we completed Littlebig Planet 2 recently. She has also played Skyrim, but that's singleplayer, so..
Anyway, I wouldn't consider it better or lucky to play with girls, they're just people too. I'd rather have a useful teammate than specifically a girl, I value cooperativeness, friendliness and skill, no matter the gender. Also I don't ask or use a mic very often, so I'm not actively looking.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I play with myself

[img/]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/if-you-know-what-i-mean-420x250.png[/img]

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Try to fit in the odd game time with my girlfriend. I've had a few regular gaming buddies on steam that have been women too but on the whole I don't know that many women who game to the same extent that I do.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ReinWeisserRitter said:
OHMYGOD, DID YOU GUYS GET TO TOUCH HER AY ANY POINT?! WAS IT WEIRD?! DO THEY ALL SMELL LIKE PEARS?!
dude...my freind...or like...freind of a freind was out one night camping in the woods and he swears he totally saw one! like ok he may have been high at the time but he says its totally true

she crept of the bush and was aparently wearing an Assasins creed t shirt or somthing...like another freind says around a certin time of the year they make their way into human populated areas to get games..when things arnt as "hot" as the holiday season

he tried to get closer but scared her off....but he said she smelled like strawberries!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Vault101 said:
ReinWeisserRitter said:
OHMYGOD, DID YOU GUYS GET TO TOUCH HER AY ANY POINT?! WAS IT WEIRD?! DO THEY ALL SMELL LIKE PEARS?!
dude...my freind...or like...freind of a freind was out one night camping in the woods and he swears he totally saw one! like ok he may have been high at the time but he says its totally true

she crept of the bush and was aparently wearing an Assasins creed t shirt or somthing...like another freind says around a certin time of the year they make their way into human populated areas to get games..when things arnt as "hot" as the holiday season

he tried to get closer but scared her off....but he said she smelled like strawberries!
*In John Cleese's voice*

Ah yes, the wild girl gamer.

They're easily startled and become violent when cornered. The only way to lure them out is with a fresh new game and when it's room temperature and dark out. When entering the human population, they take great care in making sure conversations about games don't become too long, otherwise her herd will get concerned and will look for her.

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Nope, most of the girls I know are too busy fawning over Doctor Who to do anything else, and I pretty much hide my gaming under the rug when I'm around my gf.

It's not that videogames are seen as weird or nerdy here, it's just that I've yet to meet a female legitimately into the gaming world as much as guys are.

EDIT: Oh wait, does DDR count? I know a girl who's crazy good at DDR

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I had a lady friend who used to love to play Guitar Hero/Rockband, and Marvel vs Capcom on simple mode. She plays alot of MMO's too.

Insanely Asinine

Sep 7, 2010
Phasmal said:
Ace Verret said:
What are these girls? Tease tease tease.
What does that even mean? *confused face*
Which part? The question itself, the tease tease tease, or all of it? Any way to answer all of it. The question "What are these girls." I apparently had a mind melt and forgot to put down "you speak of?" as part of the question. The "tease tease tease" couldn't think of a word. I could of used the /sarcasm. As a joke. A obviously silly one, but silly none the less.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Yeah, my girlfriend and I play games together.

We've been doing so since we were first room mates.

If it weren't for her I'd be shit at shooters, they have co-op more often than other genres it seems.

EDIT: Derp, I fully forgot that my sister is a girl. I bought BlOps so I could play on XBL with my sister, because she doesn't have as much money as me and we had no games in common.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
My GM is a girl and laterly my brother has been acting like a girl, does that count?