Poll: Do you prefer gaming on your console or pc

Ocoton

Sep 25, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Ocoton said:
Been around since September, just simply couldn't be bothered posting. You're not worth the effort of trolling. And go ahead and report me then. It doesn't effect me in the slightest.
It's hard to break up paragraphs and still quote me back when I asked you to break up and quote me back or not at all.

Seems you are blind/deaf, I pity you. Have a wonderful day sir!
At this point I'm quoting you because it bothers you.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
It varies depending on game, fps's, rpg's, MMO's, RTS's that sort of stuff I reserve for the PC, third person action games (GTA and the like), platformers, racing games, rythm games, that sort of stuff I reserve for the console.

All comes down to the controls for me. Like I find FPS's easier with a mouse and keyboard while racers easier with a controler, I know some prefer it the other way round and thats fine, we are all different, thats just how I like to game personally

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Depends on the game. All FPS must be played with a mouse on a PC -- I tried aiming with an analog stick exactly once and I will never go back. Games like God of War or Burnout: Paradise are better on console. Sometimes I don't care, then it's just a question of which version of the game I own.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
First, I have to GET a decent computer for PC gaming. So, with that in mind, there's really only one choice, isn't there?

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
PC, clearly I'm not made for a console control, not enough buttons for me. Not to mention having to play for using online functions, which is BS!

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Saphra20 said:
OhJohnNo said:
More Fun To Compute said:
PC. I like to sit forward and be engaged by games, not be put to sleep by them. Since apparently seating preference is the only thing we are allowed to mention without being elitist.
Gee, your name gave me no indication at all as to which you were going to vote for. :p

Also, nah, saying "I prefer PCs because I like *insert certain aspects here* and think it's better for *insert certain genre here*." is not elitist. I think the elitist threshold is when you say "*insert certain genre here* is factually better on PC, no questions asked, anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously retarded, and all those who play on consoles are lesser beings than I."
Dude you sound like a major asshole at the moment he never said anything like your saying and to be frank, Adventure, RTS, and in the words of Yahtzze 'The lack or mouse controls will always cripple consule FPS..' found in his Turok review. So yes certan types of games are ment for PCs more. As you can tell my vote is PC. Also I would consider myself higher up than some of the dribuling ideots who play there so called hardcore Mulitplayer FPS's, shouting at eachother throw there headsets that the other player is such a noob. This dosent apply to everone I'm just stating my feeling for that.

I'll say why PC is better in a short list:
1:Better aim and use capubilitys.(Mouse)
2:New game are affordable to everone.
3:Life span past 2-3 years.
4:Best internet capubilitys.
5:Starcraft 2. Best game ever.(Don't arugue with this ponit it wount make a difference)
Thows are some resons why PC is better.
Whoa, major misunderstanding, I wasn't calling that guy an elitist, and I know he didn't say anything like I said was an elitist statement. Literally all I was doing was providing a quote an elitist might say.

1: Subjective, very much depends on the platform you were raised on. I prefer my controller for aiming in FPSs (though as I said before, if you're a console RTS, you don't belong here).
2: Hasn't the price of new games been increasing for PC recently? I recall some guy ranting about Medal of Honour costing the same amount on PC as it does on consoles a while back. But yeah, you're right mostly, PC games are cheaper (by about £10 unless you're talking about steam).
3: I've gotten through 2 PCs in about as many years (the first one broke, my second one is CRAP and I really want another one). My 360 has lasted me for that same amount of time without breaking, and on top of that it can do everything I want it to do.
4: Well, duh. You can hardly type this post on a console, or watch youtube videos, or anything like that. If you mean multiplayer, then I'll have to take your word for it due to lack of experience in PC multiplayer.
5: Subjective, but for the record, my personal best game ever (Homeworld) is also on PC. I still prefer my 360 overall.

I'm not going to type out my reasons for preferring 360 again. Look up my other posts.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Ocoton said:
OhJohnNo said:
Ocoton said:
It seems strange to me that no one has figured out that if a keyboard and mouse isn't the most practical control system for a game, you can in fact connect a controller to your pc.
Direct response to quoted guy:
So you want us to spend the extra money you need to buy a PC (normally around $600 - not sure how to convert that to £ - which I've heard people laughably describe as "cheap") to do something you could easily do on a console anyway for a much cheaper price?

General argument:
And yes, I know a PC is much more than a gaming platform and all that. Well, here's the thing. I already have a PC that can do everything I'd ever want a PC to do... except game. I shouldn't have to spend hundreds on what essentially amounts to the ability to game, while in the process losing most of my current PC's customisation. The only genre I care about that I'm missing out on is the RTS genre, I can do everything else I want on the 360 while using my computer to... do computer stuff.
Only one problem with that. You see, a gaming pc that can play the most high end games here costs the same amount as a ps3 with move, assuming you're not a fool and get the parts and assemble yourself, which is not complicated at all. The price of a upgrade in card which isn't all that expensive every 2 or 3 years is more than compensated by the cheap cost of pc games. For example, left for dead two on my 360 would cost $70. It was $5 for the pc. Let me flick through a short list of the cost for console and pc, and calculate the savings i've made. I wont list the entire thing here because its a huge list. But basically, i've saved, just by playing on the pc rather than my console, roughly a grand. That would more than pay for a pc far stronger than what i'm running. I do believe your argument is invalid. Also, you could very easily use your 360 controller to run all of these games, and your pc can be hooked up to a tv. So basically it'd be identical, except a quarter of the cost and twice the quality.
How much does a PS3 with move cost? And more importantly, how the hell do I go about building a computer? I'm sure I've stated in this thread already how useless I am with computers. I would not know how to put a computer together, even if I found the money to buy all the parts. As for Left 4 Dead, was that in a steam sale? Ah well, I can still buy Left 4 dead 2 for £10 in Amazon if I want, which isn't much more than... whatever $5 translates to in £. Oh, on top of that, why would I want to hook up a PC to a TV when I use it to browse the internet and post on forums so much? (Besides, the whole "console+TV" argument is irrelevant to me as I have to connect my 360 to a computer monitor to play it, and it isn't a particularly big one).

Oh, and all my friends play on 360. Can't forget that.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
D0WNT0WN said:
I prefer consoles mostly I dont have the money to upgrade to play a newer game.
It is cheaper in the long run though, what with games being much cheaper, and you don't have to upgrade as much as you think. Even when you do have to upgrade, there are tonnes of old gems going cheaply on steam. So just play those until you can afford it.

I'm still a console gamer though. I just prefer the controls and playing with my friends. Plus exclusives make it worth it.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I like both although I have to admit, I love how simple it is to fire a game up on console. Very little hassle and it seems like less people hack on consoles too.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
As for Left 4 Dead, was that in a steam sale? Ah well, I can still buy Left 4 dead 2 for £10 in Amazon if I want, which isn't much more than... whatever $5 translates to in £.
lol, Currently £10 = $15.60

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Continuity said:
OhJohnNo said:
As for Left 4 Dead, was that in a steam sale? Ah well, I can still buy Left 4 dead 2 for £10 in Amazon if I want, which isn't much more than... whatever $5 translates to in £.
lol, Currently £10 = $15.60
OK, but what does $5 equal in £?

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
I'm married to PC gaming, though my PS3 and Wii sometimes get a little side-action.

Giggity.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
two things: controllers and trophies. a third thing: crappy graphics card so i have to turn the settings all the way down to get only occasional lag. doesn't run mass effect period.

i like console gaming.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I do not own a console.

Unless you count my first generation DS which has been gathering dust for the past two years... <.<