Poll: Do you prefer gaming on your console or pc

TheMetalGuy

Jun 23, 2010
I don't own a PC good enough to play serious games, so i get by with my xbox.
And with a battlechair i'm in the middel of the sound. :D

Sicram

Mar 17, 2010
I don't even have a shmoncole. There's a lot more that could be said but I'm not zealous enough. The only games I've actually enjoyed on a console are racing games. The rest I play on PC.

Also, being a soberist and not smoking frees up a buttload of money so I can afford a decent PC every 2-3 years.

Aug 1, 2010
Somebody call the fire department......

OT: I prefer console mainly because I don't have the money, skill or patience to build/buy and maintain a good gaming PC. Also for reasons the OP said, like having to fiddle with framrate and such.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I lean more to my consoles, but PC is good, although mine isn't poewrful but it runs my fave games fine (DoW, CoD 2, RTW.) Mainly for comfort, but it can be comfy playing on my laptop in bed, playing classics like Civ 4 and Half Life (which is pretty much all my laptop can run.)

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I like the controls better on the PC. I've also found that the community is a lot better on the PC for the most part. But sometimes I'm just in the mood to console game. I also don't have to worry about system requirements.

Another advantage is that I just bought Mafia II on Steam and it's going to take about 6 hours to download while if I bought it for the console I would be playing it right now.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Well it's close. I can play my PS3 while slouched on the sofa. Something I can't do with my PC. SO the experience can be more comfortable on console. However I like playing on my PC more.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I like playing games on the Pc better but I'm to damn lazy to get a new GFX card for it so I can play games that come out right now.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Ultimately i prefer PC, but my hardrive is almost filled up so i cant install new games, a problem i dont have with my xbox and also most of my friends play xbox not pc which sucks

Jun 11, 2008
Well depends on the game and also what phase or mood I am in. I go through periods of just playing one thing or game and then don't touch it for ages. At the moment I play on my PC a hell of a lot more than anything else.

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
for me it's a console, but my laptop isn't exactly up to spec so unless a game is pretty old it's odds on i won't be able to play it, although i played KOTOR a while back and that was pretty good.

oh and if i ever feel the need to play any kind of strategy game i prefer the PC purely because the interface works roughly 1,000,000 times better, though to be honest this urge doesn't strike all that often.

KennyHungry

Dec 16, 2010
Pc for sure i think the controls are easier than a controller and way easier to aim with a mouse

Saphra20

Jan 2, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
More Fun To Compute said:
PC. I like to sit forward and be engaged by games, not be put to sleep by them. Since apparently seating preference is the only thing we are allowed to mention without being elitist.
Gee, your name gave me no indication at all as to which you were going to vote for. :p

Also, nah, saying "I prefer PCs because I like *insert certain aspects here* and think it's better for *insert certain genre here*." is not elitist. I think the elitist threshold is when you say "*insert certain genre here* is factually better on PC, no questions asked, anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously retarded, and all those who play on consoles are lesser beings than I."
Dude you sound like a major asshole at the moment he never said anything like your saying and to be frank, Adventure, RTS, and in the words of Yahtzze 'The lack or mouse controls will always cripple consule FPS..' found in his Turok review. So yes certan types of games are ment for PCs more. As you can tell my vote is PC. Also I would consider myself higher up than some of the dribuling ideots who play there so called hardcore Mulitplayer FPS's, shouting at eachother throw there headsets that the other player is such a noob. This dosent apply to everone I'm just stating my feeling for that.

I'll say why PC is better in a short list:
1:Better aim and use capubilitys.(Mouse)
2:New game are affordable to everone.
3:Life span past 2-3 years.
4:Best internet capubilitys.
5:Starcraft 2. Best game ever.(Don't arugue with this ponit it wount make a difference)
Thows are some resons why PC is better.

DeASplode

Nov 26, 2009
Hunter65416 said:
I personally prefer console gaming because i dont have to worry about detail vs framerate but mostly because i can be slouched on my couch which you cant do on a pc.
I use my PC from my own two seater. Just place a mouse mat and you're sorted. Even if you hate wires, you could just get a Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

I do prefer gaming on my PC, but there's some games that I just can't play using a Mouse and Keyboard. GTA games for example.

Ocoton

Sep 25, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Ocoton said:
Straying Bullet said:
Once again, I cannot be assed to read this friend. I asked you kindly to break it up for me, I am not in the mood nor at a suitable energy level to strain my eyes to read YOUR wall of text. Also, I am foreign, can I pull out the "I am a foreign, don't hate my skillz" card now?

Break it up or don't bother quoting me again, look at the posts above you, even the minor ones have paragraphs to tempt to user to read their contribution/writing.
You only break shit up into paragraphs if it actually needs it; which that doesn't. And don't try that "I'm foreign" crap because I know guys who english is their fourth language who have on problem with it whatsoever. But you're not worth the effort. Ask for replies then don't read them. So here's the short version: Go fuck yourself.
From where I am, you are a new user and probaly trying to 'troll' or whatever you trying to do. I asked you twice to break it up because my poor eyes couldn't take it at the moment, apparently you cannot listen/read yourself, so with this I have one thing to say: Reported.
Been around since September, just simply couldn't be bothered posting. You're not worth the effort of trolling. And go ahead and report me then. It doesn't effect me in the slightest.

Count Igor said:
Christ dude, you're basically arguing your side with a "I'm too lazy to read it.". Either read it or don't start an argument. It's not long at all.
And I'm on his side here, he makes sense.

OT: Computer by far. I hate console controllers, though I like the relaxability. So, if I ever get too hunched up, I get my laptop wired up to the T.V
So it's consoling at no extra cost! Yaay!
Appreciated.

Right. Enough off-topic spam, shutting up now.