Poll: Do you procrastinate?

BRMXJzjsoawk321

Jan 13, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
It's not so much procrastination here, it's more that I'm a chronic quitter. Whenever something gets too hard I just think "fuck it" and just stop doing whatever I was doing. The last few months, hell maybe the last 2 years, it's gotten even worse, now I barely even try stuff any more.

I don't really know where this lethargy, lack of drive and general lack of care comes from. I'm trying to figure it out though, and hopefully solve it. I'd like a future I can strive for and a present day I can truly enjoy.
Ah, that's just like me. v_v I'm getting better at doing at least most of my work, even if it's in class when I should be turning it in..

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
By context of being on an Internet forum, bastion of procrastination, don't expect a whole lot of anti-procrastinatory replies. ;)

smeghead25

Apr 28, 2009
zfactor said:
Well, I just noticed how I am starting to do everything closer and closer to its due date...
This happened to me up to the point where every assignment I have handed in at uni this year I have done one te day it was due. Even two out of 5 of the group assignments we didn't start working on until the due day. One assignment I completely forgot about until three days later as well, and anotherI just couldn't be bothered doing until 3 days later and had to hand it in 4 days later instead because I left signed consent forms for the research behind...

ANd yet I'm still passing :p

Though I aim to get out of the habit. If only the business subjects weren't so boring...

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Yes, all my family does it.

Although when I do get round to doing stuff, which granted isnt alot of the time, I kick ass and accomplish shit.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
its like my superpower, i can procastinate all day and night. Ofcourse sometims it yields good things. One of my best English Papers i wrote was done 20mins before class.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Yeah, I procrastinate... really shouldn't though with my exams comin' up... I'll have to study a fair bit tomorrow...

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
i would say that this poll speaks volumes about the readers of the escapist and gamers in general,
about 95% of the ppl reading this probly have better things to do, and are procrastinating now by reading this.
GO BACK TO YOUR WORK NOW ADRIAN

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
I actually work best when the deadline is right there, otherwise I will constantly self critique my work and tinker with it trying to improve it but leaving it less focused

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
In the worst ways do I procrastinate. Over time, it's often been getting worse.

juliett_lima

May 12, 2009
i am most definitely procrastinating right now. meant to be writing a questionnaire for my fourth year thesis. which needs to be done by tomorrow or my fourth year thesis will not have any data and i'll lose nearly half my fourth year's credits.

ho hum. *trawls forums*