Poll: Do you read the license agreements that come with software?

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
You crazy? I don't have that kind of time. I'm too busy not driving fast cars and/or having sex with beautiful women to read those.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I never read them, I just click the box that says that I did and that I agree.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I also don't do any of the obviously illegal things attached to it. Your standard ToS is a "Don't fuck with us." clause made up of many MANY words implying same. Enjoy your flipping product, don't be a jackass, and things'll be FINE.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I tend to at least skim through it to make sure they didn't sneak in any "If you install this piece of software your computer will melt, are you sure you want to proceed?" lines to trick the unobservant. Also don't forget the comedic gold you can find in these things, like Apple telling you not to use your Ipod to make nuclear weapons.

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010
CM156 said:
I read them, but only for the funny bits.
Including the fact that Apple products are not to be used for Nucler weapons.
My uncle taught me how to skim for the good parts.
I have seen that. How in the hell do you use a song to make, test, or devolop nucler,diological ... weopons.

Kakujin

Oct 19, 2008
lbucyk said:
CM156 said:
I have seen that. How in the hell do you use a song to make, test, or devolop nucler,diological ... weopons.
Even if you could use it, it is an Apple product, the nuke would work for a week and then it would refuse to do anything until you've updated the software, and bought some new hardware for it.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Never. What? I don't have time to sit down and read their confusing shit novel length legal document. Nothing will happen to me. If it was something besides software then I would read it though obviously, for something important in real life.

Also, that South Park was absolute shit and one of the worst episodes of all time, this is coming from somebody who has seen every episode several times and loves the show.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Omega 380 said:
I never read them, they're all about never making copies of the software.
CM156 said:
They put that in the license agreement? What do they think their products are capable of?
blast, my plans are ruined! How will I create my musical nukes NOW?!

Icaruss

Mar 24, 2011
Yeah...no thats a lot lenghty, dry text when i just want to play a damn game.In all honesty i just slide down and blindly click yes every time.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Fagotto said:
lbucyk said:
CM156 said:
Can't install it into the nuke to play a little tune when it's armed?
design it so when the nuke is dropped, it plays on a built-in loudspeaker: "♫ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, AND I FEEL FINE!♫"

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
I never read them. I'm waaay too lazy, and then apathetic to the consequences. Even if I have to be part of the Human CentIpad.

"Solly Kyre, bullito just too dericious!"

"Oooh, cuttrefish and aspalagus."

smallthemouse

Feb 21, 2011
Trogdor1138 said:
Never. What? I don't have time to sit down and read their confusing shit novel length legal document. Nothing will happen to me. If it was something besides software then I would read it though obviously, for something important in real life.

Also, that South Park was absolute shit and one of the worst episodes of all time, this is coming from somebody who has seen every episode several times and loves the show.
I bet you are an Apple fanboy.

I thought it was a quality episode.

Ooh and I also never ever read them, but every time I see them I somehow seriously consider it.

Apr 29, 2010
I tried reading it once. The legalese fried my neurons. From that point, I just click on Yes whenever one of those agreements come across my way.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
smallthemouse said:
Trogdor1138 said:

I bet you are an Apple fanboy.

I thought it was a quality episode.

Ooh and I also never ever read them, but every time I see them I somehow seriously consider it.
So because I didn't like the episode I'm an Apple fanboy? Makes perfect sense, it's not like I thought the episode was shit or that I think the show has gone downhill or anything.

For your information, I use an iMac, I use it because it's a good computer and does what I need it to (for personal and work use). Not all of the people that have an Apple product are pretentious douche bags who blindly love Apple.