Poll: Do you REALLY cry over Games,TV shows?

Ryanrulez5

Nov 24, 2010
Always hear people talking about how they cried over stuff but me personally I never really cry over anything.... Honest and believe me I have seen the stuff that people consider they ball their eyes out over Example Walking dead, Clannad etc. Inside I basically feel like "Well that's sad" I never really feel the need to cry. What about you? do you actually cry over games/TV shows?

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Nope, though the fiery staircase scene from Silent Hill 2 and that bullshit deus ex machina scene from Halo 4 seriously made me consider the possibility of thinking about crying.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I well up, and occasionally get the "tears streaming". I've only openly sobbed a tiny handful of times. And never remotely to the level that I have during periods of actual emotional devastation.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I do. Hell, I remember my first time crying over a videogame or a movie.
The first movie that made me cry was The Green Mile. I was just 10 years and holly hell was I touched by the story of poor John Coffey

And the first game that made me cry was my favorite Front Mission 3. Liu, you poor, poor bastard.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
Rarely so, but yes. Sometimes.

The ending of Unreal II made me tear up for one. Some movies do, especially if the musical score is powerful enough. (That is, emotionally powerful, not Zimmerman-powerful)

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
No, not anymore at least. I used to when I was a kid. But honestly, the only thing in a movie that's gotten my eyes moist recently is the first 15 minutes of Up. And that was several years ago.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Times I have legit cried (at least one full tear down at least to cheek level before I could stop it)

TV:
Clannad
Babylon 5

Movies:
Requiem for a Dream
Toy Story II

Games:
Baldur's Gate II Throne of Bhaal Epilogue
FF7 (TWO times!)
Mass Effect 3 (Three times!)

Books:
Dresden Files, Changes
Harry Potter 5 & 7

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I may or may not get overly invested in the fictional lives of fictional characters.

But as far as genuine crying, I don't do it a whole lot, but I do do it more than most people I know. I get teary-eyed a lot, but it takes a much more than a simple sad or happy moment for me to cry tears of sorrow or joy respectively. Still, I probably watch/play at least one thing a year that I become emotionally invested in enough to go beyond just getting a little teary -eyed.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Yep. I don't recall ever necessarily being reduced to out and out rivers and tears, but I've definitely been impacted to the degree of getting misty eyed and even having a few tears fall on occasion.

Clearwaters

Jul 14, 2014
I think most people use the term hyperbolically. I've never been driven to tears, but games and movies have given me very strong emotions and I've felt on the verge of crying before.The music they play helps a lot with that.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
MisterShine said:
Times I have legit cried (at least one full tear down at least to cheek level before I could stop it)

TV:
Clannad
Babylon 5

Movies:
Requiem for a Dream
Toy Story II

Games:
Baldur's Gate II Throne of Bhaal Epilogue
FF7 (TWO times!)
Mass Effect 3 (Three times!)

Books:
Dresden Files, Changes
Harry Potter 5 & 7
Man does Jim Butcher know how to hit you in the feels, that man is evil!. Changes got me close to a tear or two once or twice but it was Skin Game that finaly got me. Will not say more in case you have not read it yet but if you had a tear at Changes, Skin Game will got you as well.

Movies:
Toy Story 3: that movie really got me at the end. Not just because of the movie itself but the fact that Toy Story was the first movie I ever saw at the movies.

Games:
Mass Effect 3
Morden, Thane, Legion, they died but Vega lived!? No justice in the universe!

Final Fantasy IX
I don't care what anyone says, ViVi DID NOT die! He was not at the reunion party at the end because hewas too busy driving sports cars and dating Supermodels!

Nothing on TV has ever got me but there were a few moments in Babylon 5 that came close. So many characters that you have grown to love getting completly screwed over by fate.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Not very often and I haven't openly started sobbing yet.

Movies

Lion King
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Games

Red Dead Redemption
Crisis Core
Mass Effect 3

I'm a sucker for heroic sacrifices.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
I cannot recall an instance of feeling the urge to cry from a piece of media. I find it a little strange seeing people actually cry when watching or playing something. The most I can recall feeling is a little flitter of feeling at really strong moments.

captcha: catch the man. Umm...will do?

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I've never yet. I've felt an emotional tenseness in my heart on rare occasion, but that's about the most I've ever gotten as far as "feels" go in media. I'm pleased with this, since crying is not a very enjoyable affair.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Yes, yes I have and do. If the moment is moving enough for me, I'll give a few tears. I know its not real, but I've found that fiction is good rehearsals for difficult real life situations. I also feel that having a good cry here and there is good for releasing pent up emotions and stress.

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
I can't say yes or no. I've misted up, maybe had a tear or two fall, but I've never full-bore balled over anything from an artistic medium.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Oh, god yeah. I'm gonna be vague so it can't spoil, but enough so people who do know what I am talking about.

Walking Dead Season 1 got me (Poor Kenny, Poor Clem, Poor Lee and Season 2 felt really weak compared to the first).

Mass Effect 3 got me. Fanastic music, and having about 70 hours of bonding time with the characters helped to make me actually want them to live.

There was this bit in Homeland involving a phonecall in a prison that got me.

I cried when the racoon picked up a stick in Guardians of the Galaxy.

I cried when Sam carried Frodo.

I cried for Harry Potter when he lost both of the people who protected him. But not when the annoying thing died.

I cried about 40 times for FitzChivalry or the Fool.

I cried when Leonidus asked for his queen.

Yeah, I cry loads when it comes to films, books, games and such. Because I don't cry in real life, it can be nice to have a release.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Yes I do, the latest was in Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger. There were two very emotional moments in the last nine episodes. The second to last were the worst.

The two main antagonists for most of the series died against the final boss in order for the main characters to win. They had just become friends and the one had finally admitted his feelings for the other (who was crushing on him the entire time .

The previous time was in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger when a similar thing happened. I don't know why but Japanese kid's shows about superheros in spandex can be very emotional and heartbreaking for me sometimes.