Poll: Do you REALLY cry over Games,TV shows?

one squirrel

Aug 11, 2014
Yes, yes I do. I am an adult man, but i like to get really emotional when I am being told a sad story. I feel like I can get the most out of a tale if I let myself fully indulge in its melancholia.

Off the top of my head:

Futurama: "The Sting"
Leela learns that Fry had never left her side while she had been in a coma.

"The Shawnshank Redemption"
Red meets Andy at the beach.

Star Trek Voyager: "Bliss", but I don't know exactly why it was, probably it's been too long to remember...

Bioshock Infinite
When I realized that Elizabeth will never have lived.

Forrest Gump
When Forrest and Dan meet again

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
When Victor gets killed

Oh my god, I almost forgot Mass Effect 1, how could I forget the most heart-wrenching part of the whole trilogy:
When Vigil tells you about what had happened to the last Protheans. I could barely fall asleep that night, and Vigil's theme sends chills down my spine up to this very day.
For that moment alone, ME1 is one of my, if not my favorite game of all times.

There are many others, that I can't remember right now, but now I really want to watch a sad movie!

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Not much, but I certainly cried over Brothers: Tale of Two Sons. Nothing's made me cry like that since the time I saw Les Miserables in London back when I was 13.

popa_qwerty

Dec 21, 2010
shintakie10 said:
All the time. Im a horribly emotional person so anythin remotely sad has me at the very least well up, even if its not a very emotionally impactful scene.

Heck, during Futurama's Game of Tones episode I ended up breakin down, tears, weird breathin, the works at this scene.

Oh god, I watched it and now I'm crying again and my SO is lookin at me funny.
Dang you I never seen that episode and that made me a little teary eyed.
not to forget this one made me cry like a baby

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
TheArcaneThinker said:
I dont know how can a person cry over PIXELS . I just cant and cannot understand those who do .
Oh, because the pixels form representations of characters which people can identify with. Humanizing non-human things is a pretty basic part of human psychology. As this clip from Community demonstrates:

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
bluepotatosack said:
TheArcaneThinker said:
I dont know how can a person cry over PIXELS . I just cant and cannot understand those who do .
Oh, because the pixels form representations of characters which people can identify with. Humanizing non-human things is a pretty basic part of human psychology. As this clip from Community demonstrates:
Well i dont feel that , maybe for a second or two but then it disappears as I release that its not real but i do understand what you mean , i too felt bad by the end of spec ops : the line , i do feel sad when sad things happen in TV , movies , games etc but never enough to cry .

masseyguy911

Aug 6, 2010
I've never cried over a game before, but have over a few movies.
Well, not really cried but I did get a bit "misty eyed". One movie in particular, Shawshank, was one that came damn close to full on river of tears coming out of me. "Brooks was here," was just too much for me.
That said, more often than not, I reach this state with books. I find that I get more attached to literary characters than someone in a movie or a game.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
I will say it's POSSIBLE, though damn near impossible, for a game or TV show to make me cry.
I can't begin to name the last thing that might've made me tear up.

dolgion

Nov 20, 2010
My answer was No, because I really don't feel any urge to cry in all these games, movies, etc that people often tear up. Brothers: A tale of two sons, FF7 and so forth. It's sad stuff, but not tear worthy to me. There are only two times I actually teared up:

Harry Potter 5 book spoiler:
When Harry finds the mirror shard left to him by Sirius Black at the end of Order of the Phoenix. That was just a bit too much right there. I held it up fine when Sirius fell behind the veil, that was mostly just shock and disbelief. But that mirror shard? Too fucking sad.

Walking Dead Game Season 2 Episode 5:
Playing it with my little sister beside me, she started crying when the flashback hit, because she REALLY missed Lee. Her tearing up then infected me and I had a bit of a cry despite myself then.

Timmaaaah

Aug 8, 2009
A lot of the time I can hold it back if I want. If something really resonates with me emotionally I will involuntarily tear up. If I feel like just being completely open I will shed a few tears.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Yes in the same way a book or a piece of music can make me cry.

Good entertainment, regardless of the medium, can make you laugh, cry and love... and that's a good thing

(examples off the top of my head, the evil ending to inFAMOUS 2, many episodes of Supernatural, the musical piece "I was lost without you" from Mass Effect 3, and my yearly re-read of The Divine Comedy)