Poll: Do you regret your first tattoo?

deehadley

Jul 4, 2011
I don't regret my first tattoo, but I do regret the 2nd, 3rd and 6th ones, but from 7 to 31 it's all good, once I run out of skin I'll think about covering the aforementioned regrets.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Only have one and I do not regret it. I still enjoy it. Hell, most of the time I forget it's even there. I got it in my mid-20s and I took my sweet time figuring out what I wanted so it's not like it was made in haste. I currently lack a picture of it so I cannot post one. I'd like another tattoo but much like the first one, I'm taking my time with it.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I regret having the tattoo i wanted. I always wanted an eye of Houris (eqypt) cos it looked good but i wanted it to look rusty.....cos i played Silent Hill. Years later im glad i never got that tattoo. :)

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I Can Help You said:
StBishop said:
Excuse me but, what?!
I knew there would be a day where I'd get to explain myself to Sampson. Samspoon, I have taken a new vow that contradicts all of my old vows. I am now herding around synonyms in a wordless error zone. When I got a a little bit of money I sold it for a picture on my skin, but it turned out my man was evil, from Jethro University, and we hate their kind. He took my frantic Madonna and turned her into a fat beggar whose eyes call out for alms. I hope he's happy, and that Sampson is real. Please unleash your vengeance on him, Mr Sampson.
Are you a clever troll? I get that impression.

Browncoat86

Mar 27, 2008
Do I regret my first tattoo? No, what I do regret is not fulling understanding what proper tattoo care entailed.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Haven't got a tattoo yet and probably won't for a while, but I'm slowly planning them out so hopefully they won't be things I regret.
Thinking of plain black circuit-board patterns (if you understand what I mean) along my whole arm, or something along those lines. Any reasons people can think of why that might not be a good idea?

Roobarb

Mar 31, 2011
No regrets at all. I've since had it blended into what became one huge tattoo that spans most of my body. Tribal-biomech starts from my left hand up my arm, all over my back, over my left shoulder and down my left chest, over my right shoulder and down my right arm. Essentially, I'm covered these days. :)

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I Can Help You said:
StBishop said:
No sir, this website is my home. I merely speculate on behalf of all others like myself, sir, and I am sorry. I am sorry I caused you pain. I am sorry. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. It's okay, I don't mean to harm you, or anyone, I just want you all to know that there is still a light out there, and it's me, and I'll help everyone with their lives as long as they can sit still for 30 seconds for reading time.
I've decided I like your posting style.
It's not easy to read, which is a nice change of pace from the conversational tone most forum posts have, it actually requires a little engagement, with not only the words but the grammar.

I certainly approve and I hope I get to see some more of your shenanigans around the place.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
I went with "No" only because I like the subject, tho I would get the tattoos redone (they both look dated compared to my other tattoos).

In fact, I plan on having them redone in the future.
I totally don't regret them, tho. I love tattoos and getting tattoos.

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
I kind of miss the "dont have one" option. I'd have no problem with a non-permanent tattoo, but it's pretty hard to get rid of a normal one.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
Nope!

I wanted a tattoo for a long time, but I actually waited for my teenage years to end before getting it. Each one that I have, I've wanted for (at least) more than a year, so I was sure about them. I have this [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Clavicula-Nox.gif] on the upper side of my back, I have one rune on each of my hand (this [http://www.tattoosymbol.com/runes/eihwaz.jpg] on my left hand and this [http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EBoNBDF5G4I/SQYYznEDbrI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/bJuE8adpsFA/s320/Hagalaz.jpg] on my right hand, both on the upper part of my wrists), and on the lower part of my belly, I have the word "parthenos" written in Greek alphabet. I'm too lazy to go and search for the link of where I uploaded the actual pictures of my tattoos (or to upload them again). The one on my back was my first and I love it. The runes are something I wanted since I was 13 or 14 (I was drawing them on my arms and legs with markers back then), and the last one is an amalgam of a few things that I love and that represent me. I plan to do two more tattoos for certain, and maybe one day some more. It will be nothing big or obnoxious, all of my tattoos are small and I can cover them if necessary, so I plan to keep it that way.

In a way, all my tattoos are connected by something (and the future ones will be as well). I'm making my own personal little story about my views and thoughts on the world.

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
StBishop said:
Illesdan said:
IamQ said:
Would you mind showing us a few pics? Your tattoos sound cool.
All the pictures I have of myself I seem to be wearing long sleeve shirts; I'll see what I can do in the future....
Do you not own a phone or laptop or camera able of taking digital images?
Actually, I don't.

I'm not a picture-taker and neither is my husband. He and I are probably a little too critical of our camera capabilities...

Since it's my weekend from work, I'll see if a friend of mine whose good with crap like that would mind taking some pictures. What the hell, it could be fun....

Floggo

Mar 30, 2010
My first idea for a tattoo was the McKenzie Tartan on the right side of my neck, just under the jaw.
But now I'm considering getting the clan motto on my chest or the Scottish flag on my arm or something.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
I Can Help You said:
StBishop said:
No sir, this website is my home. I merely speculate on behalf of all others like myself, sir, and I am sorry. I am sorry I caused you pain. I am sorry. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. It's okay, I don't mean to harm you, or anyone, I just want you all to know that there is still a light out there, and it's me, and I'll help everyone with their lives as long as they can sit still for 30 seconds for reading time.
Seriously dude, reading your posts is like watching a man eat his own fingers.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Burst6 said:
Also i heard it hurts like hell.
Not really, sure they aren't licked on by kittens but after the outline, they are a cake walk. The outline is the worse bit, partly 'cos it only just started and your body is like " oh fuck!", the other part being they press harder to make it look sharper in contrast to your skin.

Me and my friend agree it's like a sharp scalpel cutting your skin at first, which sounds horrific but it's not that bad.

Selvec said:
Wish I could get a tat, but I freak out whenever a needle makes it way towards my precious flesh.
Good news, there are no needles ... never have been. Want to know what it looks like? A small javelin gun from dead space 2.

Vampire cat said:
Personally I don't like the idea or the look of a tattoo, and it's kind of a turnoff for me.

.. "This thread isn't about people that DONT like tattoos duh it's about people that have them!" Yeah well I felt like sneaking in my comment on this rather than making a new thread entirely in order to voice my opinion. I dont mind that people get them, but I wouldn't personally and I wouldn't want to engage in a realtionship with someone who's got one (shallow it may be, but it's a bit like dating someone with a butt for a face, and esthetic preference).
What? It's nothing like dating a person with a butt for a face. It's dating someone who is ok with body modding, it's like not dating somebody 'cos they like to put art on there walls.

That is all tattoos are to us, putting art on our walls. My skin is a blank canvass, I don't like blank and I want to decorate and be pretty ...

Not dating a person for something so shallow is sad, they could be great for you and be mr/misses perfect but you will ignore that 'cos (s)he has a tat? I feel sorry for you, I hope you get over that someday as A LOT of people have them these days.

EHKOS said:
If I can ever muster up enough courage and put aside my terrible pain tolerance I plan on getting the PS1 original Sony symbol. It's been years since I thought of it and still want it so I guess I don't regret thinking of it.
Numbing cream, all powerful.

On topic. My very first ever tattoo was a £200 one spanning an inch past my elbow to shoulder, it was the biggest first tattoo the guy had ever done.

Do I regret it? Considering I am now the proud owner of a full sleeve, that I still love and look at thinking "fuck, that's badass!" ... I would say that I don't have an ounce of regret.

And now for a copy and paste job!

"Ever since I started getting tattoos, I kept being asked the same dumb questions over again. And I'm not the only one. "Are they real?" - No, of course not. Every morning I maticulously paint a full sleeve on my arm before leaving the house just to try and impress turds like you. "Did they hurt?" - Well, I was having bunches of small metal spikes injected into my skin at a fast rate whilst the tattooist effectively scratched along the surface of my skin. OF COURSE IT FUCKING HURT!! "Ahh, but you'll regret them when you're older, won't you?". WHY?!!! When I am older - and that is assuming I get to be older - I'm probably not going to be wandering around semi-naked. Not many octaganarions do. And, if I turn potty as a toothbrush and do decide to wander around naked, why on earth am I going to regret decorating my body anyway? How many people over 60 give you the horn if you see them nekkid? Not many, right? So, wouldn't a few natty pictures, however wrinkled, discoloured and creased, just ease the pain of seeing a naked old person anyway??!! Fucking morons."