Poll: Do you shave?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FireAza said:
You know how itchy pubic hair is?
Not really, no. In fact, shaving tends to make everything itchier. And then there's stubble and razor burn.

You know how your junk moves around and painfully tugs on the hair?
Also no. Is this a real thing?

The fact more of your junk is visible is nice too.
Errr...honestly? Male genitals could use more covering, not less.

Casual Shinji said:
No.

I trimmed it a couple times and even that felt... oogie. Pubic hair helps to disperse sweat, and for the nether regions it works as "packing material" as well.
It also reduces friction and irritation.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
This thread has been comedy gold! Your genital-based puns and wordplay is much appreciated guys!
Something Amyss said:
FireAza said:
You know how itchy pubic hair is?
Not really, no. In fact, shaving tends to make everything itchier. And then there's stubble and razor burn.
Really? Not at all? I find when I let it grow long enough where the hair can curl back and touch the skin it starts to get itchy as a bastard. No razor burn with an electric razor BTW, that's one of the reasons I switch to them from a blade.

Something Amyss said:
You know how your junk moves around and painfully tugs on the hair?
Also no. Is this a real thing?
When you've got dangly bits, yes it's an issue. Not so bad when there's room to move, but in briefs, it's a one-way ticket to tug city.

Something Amyss said:
The fact more of your junk is visible is nice too.
Errr...honestly? Male genitals could use more covering, not less.
It's a different case when you're the owner. It's like having a new baby, you're very proud and you want to show it off. But don't take it out in public, or they will stick you in the dock. And you won't come back.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Nope, but it helps that I don't really need to as there's not a lot of hair 'down there' so it doesn't get in the way either.

I reckon I have general low testosterone as I lack pretty much any form of chest hair or hair on my back and can't for the life of me grow a proper beard either (that does suck) and my arms are relatively lightly haired too. The trend continues in the nether regions, luckily.

I must admit, I like it trimmed on a girlfriend though, but purely for practical reasons. You eh, have to get in pretty close to dig in, so to speak. And then I'd rather not be munching on a lot of hair. It doesn't matter much for myself as I don't particularly enjoy recieving oral sex, but it'd a shame if giving would get annoying.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Depends on whether or not whomever I'm dating is okay with a mouth full of hair.
What? Don't give me that look.

Okay, in all seriousness, it depends. Most of the time I just trim it all back. Other times I shave it off completely.

I don't have trouble with razor burn or itchy stubble. I'm quite deft and efficient with my shaving. (ironic, since I don't shave my face much) So shaving it all away doesn't bother me.

I never purposefully let it grow out. I'm a hairy guy. Not to Robin Willians levels but still fairly hairy. Letting it grow out just feels (and looks) gross to me, so I just don't do it.

On rare occasions I decide to have a little fun with it. I'll trim some areas and shave others to create patterns, words, or images. Weird, I know, but almost no one ever really seems them. They're mostly for my enjoyment.

;)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
EyeReaper said:
What? of course not. As a guy, that would be weird and inefficient

I wax. Obviously.
I thought men just used a weed whacker, that way you can get the yard and the "yard" done at the same time.

That's painful efficiency!

FireAza said:
Really? Not at all? I find when I let it grow long enough where the hair can curl back and touch the skin it starts to get itchy as a bastard.
Nope. No more than the rest of my skin, anyway.

When you've got dangly bits, yes it's an issue.
Yeah, got dangly bits. Just never been an issue for me.

It's a different case when you're the owner. It's like having a new baby, you're very proud and you want to show it off. But don't take it out in public, or they will stick you in the dock. And you won't come back.
Yeah, well, I'm not one to take pride in *ahem*, so maybeI'm just biased. But the presentation? Ehhhh.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I didn't even realize it was a thing guys did until I was about 21, then I started trimming (NEVER shaving) and have never looked back. The bigger question for me is whether other guys shave or trim chest, armpit, nipple, etc hair? That seems to me to be the more taboo.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah no, I ain't shaving down there! I trim at the most but even then I rarely do that.

I have pretty much lost my memories of my life in the private area before puberty hit.

Silverbeard

Jul 9, 2013
Trimming for me.
As soon as I start finding stray bits of hair in my underpants I know it's time to bring out the pruning shears, lock myself in the bathroom (and I live alone, so you can imagine how self-conscious I am about this) and get to the snipping!

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Guy, and nope. We have hair down there for a reason, and shaving actually leaves you more vulnerable to... infection.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
I'll trim it in the off-chance I think someone might see it, and I'd shave it completely at the request of a significant other, but past that, no. Too much work to maintain something that would only be for the benefit of those that don't exist.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Trim, yes. Shave, noooooooo! Stubble downstairs is not the most comfy thing and neither is having the package eternally stuck to my legs. Unless it's at someone's behest, I ain't shaving shit.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Nah, I'm a caveman, the majority of my body is covered in some sort of hair. It would look weird if I just shaved the nether region and nothing else. Everything would be too much effort. I trim my beard and occasionally other stuff, that's about my limit.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I used to shave, but it became a hassle. Shaving something like a walnut made of jello, only with my second and third favorite body parts in it, was not fun, and if I didn't keep it up, the returning hair was maddening. Now, I trim, or 'manscape.'

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
I did in highschool. Getting the ball hairs is like impossible so I would use scissors to try and trim them. I pulled on one too much and rushed it too fast and snipped a little of my ballsack. Stopped after that.
Now I just trim it when I start getting hairs that get under the skin and pull. That hurts and is annoying.

Also, much more comfortable than having to deal with stubble and ingrown hairs. I also think it looks strange to have no hair there. Looks fine on a woman though.

stormtrooper9091

Jun 2, 2010
Occasionally. At times I'm really disgusted with how it looks so off it goes. I used to do it regularly but now I can't be arsed

Mar 26, 2008
I keep it trim and that seems to be enough for me and anyone else who has to look upon it. Took the whole lot off a couple of times but it just makes me feel way too pre-pubescent and creepy.

Rather than defoliating to make your junk look bigger, I recommend losing excess weight if you have it. I found an extra inch I'd forgotten about.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I'm in the camp that gets quite addicted to it honestly. It's really easy to get a bit carried away with it honestly.