Poll: Do you smoke?

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
nope, if I reach 18 without smoking my dad will pay my driving license,
but when im 18 I will surely try it out and pot of course.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Blitzwing said:
Candidus said:
People are entitled to their opinions.
But that doesn?t mean they're always right.
I didn't say that people deriding smokers as disgusting or saying they're ashamed of having done it were right, I just said "they are entitled to say this, but I had my own unrelated reasons". What I actually think of people who deride smokers as disgusting or moan about how ashamed they are can't be detailed in a polite conversation.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
Well, since inhaling hot smoke immediately triggers a choke reflex in me, I never actually smoked. I tried water pipes a few times, but besides the surprisingly fruity taste (seriously... FLAVOURED tobacco?!) found nothing especially interesting about it. OK, the bubbles are quite nice, but nothing else.

I also tried marijuana once (did I get the spelling right?) with the same result (see "hot smoke" above) and once got high by sitting in a room with people smoking this stuff. NEVER again. The time afterwards was the worst hour of my life so far. I felt like I had no direct control over my body anymore, like looking out of my head as a cockpit with a reeeeally small window in front. Also, I got extremely tired. I asked about these reactions later, and apparently they are normal and it's exactly that which stoners like about being high.
I still don't understand...

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
No, cigarettes are disgusting. I know a lot of people who smoke though - as long as they don't do it in my face it's none of my business to tell them to stop doing it based on personal preferences.

.... If my boyfriend ever started though, I'd have to hit him with a baseball bat and withhold any intimacy til he stops. If your mouth is full of tar, I'm not kissing you. >_>

albear

May 18, 2009
(both) on occasion, either when stressed or anxious about something and i just need to calm down. i havent smoked weed in a while though, just a cigarette now and then before bed.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
because we havent had this topic before. *eyes roll*

I do, but on a very rare occasion. maybe once a month, or two a day. depends on where I am etc. I wont smoke at home simply because no one else does and they dont deserve to inhale my toxic stress relief.

+ I refuse to smoke in front of people since I used to be the type of "piss off out of my face if you smoke" guy.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I do smoke (tobacco and weed/hash) but only in particular social contexts i.e. I only smoke when most other people around me are smoking (or drunk). I don't smoke at home, 'cos no-one else does (in the extended family either, at that), nor do I at uni.

Only really smoke when I go to pot-parties. Very amusing listening/watching a bunch of stoned chemistry graduates (myself included) bang on about quantum theory and then environmental chemistry while playing FPS's. =_=

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
I can't think of a bigger waste of money. I graduated top of my class when I was in training for my blackjack certification (over thirty+ people; I was pretty proud) but when i got out on the floor, I was confined to a table for forty minutes a stretch and had nothing but assholes who smoked cheap-ass cigarettes at my table. I quit dealing after six weeks. I had an asthma attack that was so bad I couldn't sleep or breathe right for an entire night.

So, yeah, quit the job and I haven't had any sign of asthma trouble since.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Cigarettes.
And this thread was done yesterday!
Search The Forums [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/search][footnote]Although you obviously got the idea from the What do escapists smoke? -thread, so I guess there's no sense even in saying this...[/footnote]

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I've never smoked.

I do find it a encouraging that a small percentage of this site does smoke assuming no lies. I also find it amusing that pot smokers make up about 50% of smokers. Given what little I care to know about this stuff, that seems like a step in the right direction, albeit a small one.

SofaEater

Jan 15, 2011
4 days from 2 months clean of cigs......only quit cause of the money

but weed is nice, I don't like getting drunk. So I smoke weed instead.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I am like...one of the only ones out of my friends who doesn't smoke (drama students, pah). A lot of them also only smoke when they go out, which I, personally, don't understand. I have no problem with other people doing it - although it's a turn off if a girl smokes, I think.

CactiComplex

Jan 22, 2011
Don't smoke, probably never will. I have tried smoking a cigarette (one draw had me firmly convinced I'd never do it again) and weed (with enough alcohol in me to dispense my misgivings and indulge in my curiosity), but it's not for me. If people want to smoke, fine, just don't blow it in my face or preach at me, and I won't do it to you.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
No, however my closest friends do.
They also have quite a few emotional problems as well with a drug problem which they are recovering from, and they used to hurt themselves.
One of them has "THE CUT THAT NEVER HEALS" "written" down on her arm.