Poll: Do you still care about April Fools Day?

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
It was never really a big deal to me, and today it's just a 24 hour period of never believing anything I read/see/hear on the internet. So no, not really.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Don't really care about it.

I'm surprised no one of my friends tried to prank me or anything. The day is already passed and I'm glad it's over with since now we won't get fake news anymore just because it's April's Fools.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
No, I actually hate it.
You either get try hards who just pull really small things that are more of an annoyance than anything else and get insanely overjoyed at their nonsense.
Or you get the occasional ass who "pulls a prank" to be a jerk. For example, today I had a class that is 4 hours of lecture with a lunch break in between. The lunch break approaches and the teacher looks at the clock and is like how about we just take a 10 minute break, skip lunch, and I'll let you guys out an hour early. I currently have a broken foot so I get a ride from a friend to class and I had to call him and ask to come an hour early. So the time to leave rolls around and I raise my hand and I ask why are we continuing on to a new topic when he said we could go early. The professor gives me the biggest shit eating grin and smugly says "April Fools". I stuffed my things into my bag, and hobbled out the door.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
What a bunch of cynical robots. Typical Escapist.

I adore April Fools. It's all in good fun.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Yeah but only because it's "see what silly thing my favorite websites do today.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
No not really. It's just hella annoying as anything that is announced on April fools can't be trusted and I usually forget what day it is until I see someone saying something about it.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
To be honest I find it rather obnoxious.

It's not like black seething hatred, but minor annoyance I could certainly live without.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Comocat said:
I appreciate a good prank more and poorly thought out one less.
Same here.
If it's good then yeah, I'm gonna get a little fun.
Personally, I don't pull pranks but I'm not afraid to laugh at myself.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Hell yeah! It's my favorite holiday. I BURNED my students so good this year!

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
I hate it and would be glad to see it gone. It's a day dedicated to deceiving people at their expense just doesn't align with my sense of humour.
Hazy992 said:
Well all it seems to be now is 'Don't Trust What Anyone Says Day'. That gets kinda boring after a while.
Also this

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I love April's Fools day. Funny stuff happen on the day and it's great.
werewolfsfury said:
Yeah but only because it's "see what silly thing my favorite websites do today.
This too.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
I stopped finding April Fools funny after someone used it to fool me into thinking that one of my friends got hit by a car and was in hospital.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Sure; it's the day all the reviewnertaners (people who make real or fake reviews that are actually scripted skits performed by actors) get really creative. It's also the day amusing things tend to happen in MMOs.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
It used to be that as a kid, I'd cut up little fish out of cardboard and stick them to the backs of my classmates on April Fools day - as it's called "Poisson d'avril" in French ("April Fish", if translated). That was the extent of my average pranks.

The first person to prank me on the first of April gets a chuckle out of me, now. Five or six pranks in, the joke stops being funny. As has been said before, only review-tainers and MMO designers seem to keep the monopoly of timely and appreciated pranks.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Eh, it's kinda boring. It's a day where I can safely ignore all tech news and gaming news though, so I get a bit of a break =D

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
I dislike it. It means that the internet is full of even more rubbish than usual, even news websites take part now, and people I know start posting stupid things on facebook and then go 'APRIL FOOLS LOLOLOLOLOLOL'. Though it does give me a reason to avoid the internet for a day, which could be seen as a good thing...