Poll: Do You Swear?

goldenheart323

Oct 9, 2009
BuchalBainne said:
I swear quite a bit but why does it offend people?

For all we know, 'dog' could be an offencive word in the future...... :/ (bad example but you know what I mean!)
RyanBishop said:
I never really understood why the society chose to treat several combinations of sounds as something rude and inappropriate. Seems dumb to me. "Fuck" is nothing more than a sequence of sounds. By default, it is no more offending then "Duck" or "Luck". You change 1 sound - boom, you are being frowned upon. The whole phenomenon of "cursing" looks like just another one of those useless, meaningless limitations that society is forcing on people. Fuck society, I say.

So, to answer the topic question - yes, I do "swear"
I tried explaining it, but when I proofread it, it sounded so simple; like I was talking down to you guys and everyone else who "doesn't get it". It's considered offensive because that's what people are taught. That's why. Words mean things. Some meanings are considered offensive. What's not to get?

Just look at cursing as a tool society uses. It's a simple test of character. The amount of cussing shows how much respect you have for those around you and how well you can control what you say. Some people, like you, don't care about that test. Others consider it very useful, especially when meeting someone for the 1st time.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
incinerate94 said:
Voodoomancer said:
**** yeah, I ******* swear all the ****** ***** time, ***** it.
Isn't that actually saying you never swear since you kinda Bleeped out all the hot sexy swearing.
No, I was actually going to say "asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk yeah, I asterisk asterisk asterisk..." and so on, but I'm just too goddamn fucking lazy ;D

KiruTheMant

Nov 2, 2009
Damn right I do,It kept me from being a brat like my younger sister at the ages of 12-15. That and willpower.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Fucking hell, I've fucking never fucking cursed fucking in fucking my fucking life.

cwutididthur?

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I agree with the OP, I hate people who swear all the time its annoying and to me it makes you sound like you have a 1-digit IQ.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Yeah, I swear occationally, but then, probably more than I think I do too. There's a time and a place. :)

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Sometimes, yes. Sometimes I replace the word fuck with fudge. Dunno why. More fun to say fudge then fuck.

KiLl_RoY

Jul 11, 2009
I sure do, but i try not to do it in front of ladies and people that need a certain level of respect.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
like a fucking sailor. I don't do it in every sentence like OP said but it is quite frequent. It also depends on the crowd I am in more than anything.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Me? Swearing? How could you accuse me of such a thing!?

I've never said one fucking curse word in my life!

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
Yes but only at situations not at people ie i never call people a f**king idiot its just poor taste

apelsz

Mar 15, 2010
No, I don't. Not all the time, at least. I still do sometimes though, because I'm human.