Poll: Do you use a 12 or 24 hour clock?

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Summerstorm said:
Americans are weird...
I'll read my mickey mouse clock as 3pm if I want to Dammit!

...Ahem...

OT: Yeah I use 24 hour time whenever I can, which is on any of my clocks. Makes more sense that way.

Sep 14, 2009
I use both, I come across both in my day to day duties at my job, so my brain just works them how I need it to be.

That said, I prefer the 12 hour format, just rolls off the tongue easier I guess?

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I use the 12 hour system when talking to people but I use the 24 hour system to keep time on all my devices.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Zontar said:
Barbas said:
Is 30 hour really a thing? Waaaaaitaminute, are you having a bubble?
It's more of a joke in reference to the fact that Japanese broadcasters use 24:00-29:59 instead of 0:00-6:00 between midnight and 6am. I don't know if anything else uses it though.

So I'm going with "it's a thing".
I worked for Disney and they technically use 24 hour clocks but if your shift took you past midnight they'd start adding hours that don't exist........I'd have days where I got off work at 2600....which was 2 am. The most frustrating was working a regular shift into grad nite because then it was like noon to 3100 or 3200 hours (7 or 8 am in which I'd also be helping with opening shift to open the park frustrating ass shifts). But that always pissed me off that they'd just add hours instead of just saying that you're working until 0200 or whatever. (also no I'm not exaggerating on that grad nite shift thing I honestly did do that once and it was a completely voluntary extension of my shift meaning I didn't have to do it but they needed people and I had nothing better to do and that wasn't even my longest shift ever).

OT: I prefer using 24 hour clocks. Most places I've worked for use them and I've been using them since high school since I was in JROTC and it was considered "military" time. I'm not big on 12 hour clocks and all my appointments are written on my calendars in 24 hour time.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
12 hour. Iunno, I don't see the point of 24. They both tell the same time, just in a different manner. (And yes, that does work vice-versa, but I was raised with 12 hour.)

But, meh. I can tell time on both anyways, and translate them pretty well from one to the other, but i'm faster with a 12 AM/PM then 24.

Sep 9, 2007
I use both. My phone and PC show 12 hour clocks for ease of reference, but if I need to record a timestamp for anything, I'll use 24 hour time instead.

Mutant1988

Sep 9, 2013
Both?

In my country we don't use the AM/PM system. When we specify a time, we state the hour then the time of the day (Morning, noon/afternoon, evening, night). So 1 at night would obviously not be 1 PM.

Most digital alarm clocks I believe are almost exclusively 24 hour and I personally infinitely prefer a 24 hour clock.

Instead of stating what period of the day it applies to, I can just say 4 four digits and still be immediately understood.