Poll: Do you wear glasses?

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
I'm supposed to wear them when I'm driving but I don't because they give me a headache. I'm not totally blind without them, but can't see anything too far away.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
During night time every tiny light becomes blinding to me. Glasses help with that. Also reading becomes easier, especially if I've got to read something far away. Otherwise I don't really need glasses.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Pretty blind without my contacts.

Also, I imagine that the poll is probably a bit skewed, as people who wear glasses are much more likely to click on a thread about glasses than people who dont'.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I chose: Yes, but only when working/going to class. But I have to ad that I also use my glasses when I gett a headache.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Without my glasses = VHS quality vision.

With glasses = Bluray
That was me three years ago!!
I have very dry eye and contacts give me really bad headaches and it was so bad that I would be nauseous by lunch.
I wanted to get LASIK but my cornea was too thin (or whatever) and opted for orthokeratology.
Orthokeratology was cool, but after partying/ studying overnight, I would be blind as a bat again.

then, I found a clinic that could do LASIK on me, and I just went for it.
Life is full HD Bluray to me now.
I got rid of my ten pairs of glasses and prescription sunglasses, my contact lenses, orthokeratology stuff.
It is a wonderful feeling to be able to see...

Also, I thought that not having to worry about contacts and glasses was a great thing after experiencing the earthquake in Japan in 2011.
I dont have to worry about running out of contacts, I dont have to worry about the lack of doctors etc.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I voted "Yes, blind as a bat". I wear them when I leave the house or those few occasions I watch telly or play on my consoles. I don't need them for reading or sitting at the computer; in fact it's uncomfortable to wear them then.

And it took me FOREVER to get glasses. I've needed them since I was like 16, but I didn't get them until I was 26. Couldn't be arsed, although now I don't understand how I survived without them when out in public. I CAN SEE DETAILS! Glory be! =´D

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I am pretty badly myopic, i see nothing clearly without glasses farther away than armlength
Butt, i never use them unless i ''work or go to class'' which i interpret as meaning reading things, driving a car, using small objects at various ranges
Gonna leave them at home now when i go to the hospital to buy pain cream

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
I can't read the title of this thread too good. Can anyone tell me what it says?

Daniel Janhagen

Mar 28, 2011
I see well enough without them, but with the amount of reading, driving, watching screens of various kinds that one does in a standard modern day, it's just more convenient to always have them on. They do make me see better, after all, and that's rarely a bad thing.
I'd take them off to do contact sports or something, but otherwise they stay on.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I'm pretty damn blind. If I take them off and pull this page up to max zoom, I still can't read it and I'm only a foot away from the monitor.

Ok I just measured. For things to be perfectly clear, they have to be 7 inches from my face or closer. Any further than that and things get blurry. After a foot all I see is coloured shapes, no detail whatsoever.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I only wear glasses home. If I go out, 99% of the time I put the contacts. Nothing cosmetic about it, but the prescription for my glasses is older than my contacts', and I'm practically blind without them.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I have a pair but I never wear them. I find them really uncomfortable. I briefly switched to contact lenses which were even more uncomfortable.

I'll be getting laser eye surgery as soon as I have some money. I hate wearing glasses.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Yeah, without them I can't see at a distance for shit. I can get around easy without them but I can't read anything past about a foot.