ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
SamuelT said:
TrilbyWill said:
SamuelT said:
TrilbyWill said:
werewolfsfury said:
rainbow dash isn't a lesbian because SHE DOESN'T EXIST AND CANNOT HAVE SEX WITH ANYTHING...EVER.
how do you know you know she doesnt exist in another universe?
science-lawyered.
Because there is no proof to suggest she does.
there's no proof to suggest God exists either, but people still believe in Him.
Which is the exact reason God cannot be scientifically proven.

You pulled the science card on this one.
Even theists have a hard job proving god exists.
the multiverse theory is basic quantum physics. it stands to reason that there could be a ponyverse.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
That's not what's important. Whats important is that the characters represent a wide cross-section of personalities, and Rainbow Dash represents characteristics that a young lesbian or bisexual may identify with. Or that the friends of a young lesbian or bisexual can identify. Because of that, without ever pulling sexuality into the equation, the message of love and tolerance shines through for the gay community in Rainbow Dash without making sexuality an issue. And that's good.

So no, shes not actually Bi, but she is a pretty decent Gay icon for a young lesbian to take comfort in.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
TrilbyWill said:
SamuelT said:
TrilbyWill said:
SamuelT said:
TrilbyWill said:
werewolfsfury said:
rainbow dash isn't a lesbian because SHE DOESN'T EXIST AND CANNOT HAVE SEX WITH ANYTHING...EVER.
science-lawyered.

the multiverse theory is basic quantum physics. it stands to reason that there could be a ponyverse.
Guy, the multiverse theory is not basic quantum physics. Electron wave patterns are quantum physics. The multiverse theory sprang from one guy going "HEY, WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF ALL PARTICLES WEREN'T SINGULAR, BUT ATTACHED TO EACH OTHER!"

But lets just call it quits here. This thread was made to discuss the sexual orientation of a pony, not discuss these weighty subjects.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
TrilbyWill said:
werewolfsfury said:
science-lawyered.
Sorry Werewolfsfury, this man just multiversed your ass.
Edit: so, that little 2 next to the word page means something huh, /feel like a noob.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
SamuelT said:
TrilbyWill said:
SamuelT said:
TrilbyWill said:
SamuelT said:
TrilbyWill said:
werewolfsfury said:
science-lawyered.

Guy, the multiverse theory is not basic quantum physics. Electron wave patterns are quantum physics. The multiverse theory sprang from one guy going "HEY, WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF ALL PARTICLES WEREN'T SINGULAR, BUT ATTACHED TO EACH OTHER!"

But lets just call it quits here. This thread was made to discuss the sexual orientation of a pony, not discuss these weighty subjects.
they arent weighty.
electrons have negligible mass!

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Not feminine =/= lesbian. I heard the same about Twilight Sparkle because she likes to read books and doesn't seem to care about her appearance.
It's ridiculous, can we not bring sexuality into a TV show? Of course there is those who ship and write creepy fanfics, but pyaaa ;-;

Senare

Aug 6, 2010
Yes. She's friends with girls, right? As far as implied sexuality goes there is nothing more to it yet than superimposed fanwank. So what if she has a rainbow for a mane? Rainbows are awesome even by non-gay standards. Let the character evolve on its own.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
TrilbyWill said:
Aidinthel said:
TrilbyWill said:
also, sentences dont need verbs. actually, only 'asking' is the only verb in your comment.
I think they do. "Are" and "is" are conjugations of the verb "to be".
You sure about that?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/are

"Are. Verb. Present indicative plural and 2nd person singular of be"
viranimus said:
Wait.. the blue one is a girl?!

I mean I could see the pink one and purple one ... but the blue one?
All six main characters are female.

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
chowderface said:
Coldster said:
Ahem, here thee here thee! All persons believing that is a lesbian is hereby decreed WRONG by (her majesty) Lauren Faust herself:

"Rainbow Dash has rainbow-striped hair because of her name and because she is very interested in sports, specifically flying. She is a tomboy, but nowhere in the show is her sexual orientation ever referenced. As we all know, there are plenty of straight tomboys in the world, and assuming they are lesbians is extremely unfair to both straight and lesbian tomboys."

Here is my source: http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010/12/24/my-little-non-homophobic-non-racist-non-smart-shaming-pony-a-rebuttal/

Note that she doesn't say Rainbow Dash's sexual orientation (and really, does it matter?), simply that no one should assume she is automatically a lesbian. Just because the female to male ratio in Equestria is 9:1, that doesn't mean every mare is a lesbian. So I advise this little tip to live by: Rainbow Dash is not a lesbian unless it aids the joke, story, or Shipping thread. Can we all just agree on this? Please?
This. Me, I'd peg Rarity or Fluttershy as a lesbian.

Edit: ok for some reason my text keeps getting into the quote boxes.

remeber prince blueblood, Rairty is either hetro or bisexual.
Rairty would not be a pure lebsian, remeber prince blueblood? at best bisexual.

Actually, I'd only peg Rarity as a lesbian. Fluttershy I kind of read as being asexual.

modman8

Apr 15, 2009
Yes.... no... Maybe?

I don't know. Either way, she's the coolest. By at least 20%.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
There's no evidence indicating she or any other pony has a certain sexual orientation.

The only instance of romance in the show comes from Spike's crush on Rarity, and that's it.

If we start to judge people's sexual orientation based on non-orientation related characteristics (such as attitude, looks, presence and/or lack of rainbows), we are beginning to make generalizations.

And that's a bad thing.

Sep 11, 2009
DarkRyter said:
There's no evidence indicating she or any other pony has a certain sexual orientation.

The only instance of romance in the show comes from Spike's crush on Rarity, and that's it.

If we start to judge people's sexual orientation based on non-orientation related characteristics (such as attitude, looks, presence and/or lack of rainbows), we are beginning to make generalizations.

And that's a bad thing.
Welcome to the internet!

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
I don't think she's a lesbian... Just bisexual:

... Damn can't find that 10 minute sex loop on youtube...

What if Rainbow Dash is Asexual?